Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ramsey on the move again

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
When he was traded to the Jets they have already invested a ton a money into Chad Pennington. After that he signed with teams that had recently invested in 1st round QB's. Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Matt Stafford. Before Joe Gibbs got there he was playing for an inexperienced coach, so inexperienced he got rid of Stephen Davis in the prime of his career. Only to replace him with Trung Candidate.
Wow...are you his mother?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #62
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Everything you said is dead on. If it wasnt people would have stopped talking about #11 a long time ago. Plus if it wasnt for his greatness potential i think he would be out of the league already, him being a journeyman this long without any substianal real starting experience says something of itself.
Yeah, it says he's a backup.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #63
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,854
Re: Ramsey on the move again

^^ and barely that. If this was not a QB starved league, he would be out of football.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #64
The Starter
 
scowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: KY
Age: 45
Posts: 1,527
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Patrick Ramsey was never given a chance to succeed. I don't care who the QB was, no one was going to succeed under Spurrier's system. In comes Gibbs, and benches the guy after the 3rd offensive series because he threw an interception. So I don't understand how everyone is saying "he didn't have it". He was never even given a fair chance, plus he never had any receivers to throw to. Even when he went to other teams, he was never able to compete for the starting job. I actually feel really sorry for the guy, I thought he had the talent to be a real productive QB in this league.
The only problem with this kind of argument is that there are only 32 starting QB jobs in the league. I loved the guy, but if Ramsey could not get past the guy in front of him on any of the 5 teams he has been on, then maybe he was never one of the 32 best QBs in the league, or at least better than the guy in front of him. There are lots of so called great QBs who are not starters for whatever reason, but the bottom line is they are not starters because they aren't better than the guy in front of them, in practice, preseason, mini camps or whatever.

If Ramsey can't get by Brunell, or Cutler or Vince Young or whomever, he is not better than that guy. Its as simple as that.
scowan is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #65
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,819
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Patrick Ramsey was never given a chance to succeed. I don't care who the QB was, no one was going to succeed under Spurrier's system. In comes Gibbs, and benches the guy after the 3rd offensive series because he threw an interception. So I don't understand how everyone is saying "he didn't have it". He was never even given a fair chance, plus he never had any receivers to throw to. Even when he went to other teams, he was never able to compete for the starting job. I actually feel really sorry for the guy, I thought he had the talent to be a real productive QB in this league.
he went to the jets and couldn't beat out noodle armed pennington. end of discussion.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #66
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Wow...just wow.
12thMan is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Ramsey was once a top 32 QB in this league...but then college ball started to produce about three players or so better than him each year, and at some point, you're just lucky to hang on.

Hard to predict the future trends of college QBs to the NFL, but the same thing could eventually happen to Jason Campbell. But it's pretty much why it's only made sense to draft a QB in the first round if you're getting a superstar. Because when you end up with Joe Flacco or Jason Campbell or Daunte Culpepper or Ben Roethlisberger, you're really just staving off time with the status quo at QB. There always seems to be someone better out there.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #68
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Ramsey was once a top 32 QB in this league...but then college ball started to produce about three players or so better than him each year, and at some point, you're just lucky to hang on.

Hard to predict the future trends of college QBs to the NFL, but the same thing could eventually happen to Jason Campbell.
I think the word top is a bit misleading here. Ramsey was once a starter, among 32 starting QBs, but he was never, ever the top anything in my book.
12thMan is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #69
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Wow...are you his mother?
Is that the best you can come up with cocksucker? I guess so.
__________________
Team McNabb!
Kalisto2010 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #70
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Is that the best you can come up with cocksucker? I guess so.
You really love PR, huh?

Seriously, besides not getting a fair shot, as you put, how do you account for him not beating out the starting guy(s) on five different ball clubs?
12thMan is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
he went to the jets and couldn't beat out noodle armed pennington. end of discussion.
Dude, the Jets signed Pennington to a 7 year 64 million dollar contract(highest paid player in jets history at the time) before Ramsey even got there. You think they were just going to give up on Chad like that, after signing him to that insane amount of money? Please... End of discussion.
__________________
Team McNabb!
Kalisto2010 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #72
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Dude, the Jets signed Pennington to a 7 year 64 million dollar contract(highest paid player in jets history at the time) before Ramsey even got there. You think they were just going to give up on Chad like that, after signing him to that insane amount of money? Please... End of discussion.
So by your logic Todd Collins wasn't given a fair shot either? He played behind Trent Green and then Jason Campbell?
12thMan is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #73
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
You really love PR, huh?
I speaking facts not love, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know the difference.


Quote:
Seriously, besides not getting a fair shot, as you put, how do you account for him not beating out the starting guy(s) on five different ball clubs?
Because every team he went to never had the intention of giving him a chance to compete since, wait, here it comes, you ready?....Drumroll....................They already invested money and first round QB's prior to him getting there. You do understand that or no? Once again It wouldn't surprise me if you didn't.
__________________
Team McNabb!
Kalisto2010 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #74
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
The only problem with this kind of argument is that there are only 32 starting QB jobs in the league. I loved the guy, but if Ramsey could not get past the guy in front of him on any of the 5 teams he has been on, then maybe he was never one of the 32 best QBs in the league, or at least better than the guy in front of him. There are lots of so called great QBs who are not starters for whatever reason, but the bottom line is they are not starters because they aren't better than the guy in front of them, in practice, preseason, mini camps or whatever.

If Ramsey can't get by Brunell, or Cutler or Vince Young or whomever, he is not better than that guy. Its as simple as that.
The best guy doesn't always get to play. Example, Warren Moon. You mean to tell me that their were 28 better QB's than him while he was in Canada?
__________________
Team McNabb!
Kalisto2010 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #75
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Ramsey on the move again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
So by your logic Todd Collins wasn't given a fair shot either? He played behind Trent Green and then Jason Campbell?
No he wasn't, his record as a starter speaks for itself. He's the one that lead us to 6 straight victories including a playoff win. Something your boy Campbell failed to do, year after year, after year.
__________________
Team McNabb!
Kalisto2010 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28230 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25