Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 2,519
1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
The Starter
 
Riggo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Clemente CA
Age: 40
Posts: 2,389
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Thanks
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Riggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

That was Gibbs last yr right? We didn't go any where that yr. 83 and 87 were the SB yrs right.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
That was Gibbs last yr right? We didn't go any where that yr. 83 and 87 were the SB yrs right.
Wrong, SO VERY WRONG!

If you remember we started the 1991 season peeling off 11 straight wins, first off. Sounding pretty good huh...hold tight it gets better!

Secondly we went on to beat the bills in Super bowl XXVI with MVP Mark Rypien at the helm.

And Joe did not retire until the end of the 1992 season, stepping down in March of 1993.

So don't short change us that makes 3 beautiful SB trophies all on Joe Gibbs watch! Enough HISTORY for one night! TIGHTEN UP.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,547
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Wrong, SO VERY WRONG!

If you remember we started the 1991 season peeling off 11 straight wins, first off. Sounding pretty good huh...hold tight it gets better!

Secondly we went on to beat the bills in Super bowl XXVI with MVP Mark Rypien at the helm.

And Joe did not retire until the end of the 1992 season, stepping down in March of 1993.

So don't short change us that makes 3 beautiful SB trophies all on Joe Gibbs watch! Enough HISTORY for one night! TIGHTEN UP.
Good job with the history lesson.

I had forgotten how maligned Rypien was going into the '91 season. Then he busted loose.

Maybe JC will be similar this year - much maligned in the offseason, then leading a dynamic offense. And maybe, unlike Rypien, JC will keep it up year after year.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,332
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
That was Gibbs last yr right? We didn't go any where that yr. 83 and 87 were the SB yrs right.
Yeah they went nowhere in '91

17-2 ring a bell?

Just turn in your fan card now.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Good job with the history lesson.

I had forgotten how maligned Rypien was going into the '91 season. Then he busted loose.

Maybe JC will be similar this year - much maligned in the offseason, then leading a dynamic offense. And maybe, unlike Rypien, JC will keep it up year after year.
See I could care less. Just win one superbowl next year and I am good for atleast a decade.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah they went nowhere in '91

17-2 ring a bell?

Just turn in your fan card now.
My bad. Chill out. LOL. I remember going to a SB party in DC while in High School which had to be like early 80's. Then we went in 87. Well the 86 season into the SB of 87 I believe. I forgot 91. So what was it ....Miami in 82 SB XVII, Denver in 87 SB XXII, and the Bills in 91 SB XXVI.

Sorry. I can remember Rypian looking so goofy and thought he would not take us anywhere. I think he was coached up .....a lot. LOL.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

and to be honest any SB win by the Skins is awsome but my favorites were SBXVII because it was redemption for what Miami did to us the first time we played then in SBVII I think it was, and SBXXII was nice cause of Doug Williams. He pretty much took all the steam out of the Bronco's in one fleeting quarter. LOL. They were stunned.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Good job with the history lesson.

I had forgotten how maligned Rypien was going into the '91 season. Then he busted loose.

Maybe JC will be similar this year - much maligned in the offseason, then leading a dynamic offense. And maybe, unlike Rypien, JC will keep it up year after year.
That would blow some people out of the water wouldn't it?
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,332
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
My bad. Chill out. LOL. I remember going to a SB party in DC while in High School which had to be like early 80's. Then we went in 87. Well the 86 season into the SB of 87 I believe. I forgot 91. So what was it ....Miami in 82 SB XVII, Denver in 87 SB XXII, and the Bills in 91 SB XXVI.

Sorry. I can remember Rypian looking so goofy and thought he would not take us anywhere. I think he was coached up .....a lot. LOL.
Rypian?

You sure you're a fan?

Just checking. Not sure how anyone can forget '91. Sigh.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,547
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Rypian?

You sure you're a fan?

Just checking. Not sure how anyone can forget '91. Sigh.
No kidding. Arguably '91 was the greatest of all Redskins seasons. They sliced through the NFL like a hot knife through butter.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
No kidding. Arguably '91 was the greatest of all Redskins seasons. They sliced through the NFL like a hot knife through butter.
We only lost 2 games by a total of 5 points. Outstanding!
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #14
Fight for old DC!
 
Redskins_P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Falls Church, VA
Age: 36
Posts: 4,085
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

Wow. I keep forgetting how great that championship game was against the Vikings!
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #15
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 1991 Redskins are on NFL network right NOW!!!

I think this franchise would be perceived a LOT differently if the 1991 season didn't happen. The Redskins have produced a bunch of great teams in the past, and some won championships, others did not, but the 91 team just crushed their competition for pretty much 19 straight games.

When you talk about the "unbeatable" teams of the last 25 years, it's the 85 Bears, the 07 Patriots, the 84 and 94 49ers, the 96 Packers, and the 91 Redskins. It was almost bizarre how quickly they fell, because the others in that group all faded off into obscurity. This team was picking in the top five two years later.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33639 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25