Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Surprise teams in '09?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #31
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,623
Question Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Every year there are teams that jump out of no where and surprise you... last year Ten went 13-3 or ATL 11-5 even ARZ going to the Super Bowl!! Who do you guys think will be the BIG SURPRISE this season?

I say Kansas City has a shot at being a wildcard team because of Cassel and Bowe, he has the potential to become a solid WR. LJ could be a factor with a good QB. 9-7

In the NFC I will roll with New Orleans because eventually their D will step up and Brees, Colston, and Moore make up a Great passing attack even if Shockey isn't a major factor. Bush will be better and Pierre Thomas came on strong last year. I could see this team winning 11 games this season and winning the south.
Seems like coaching changes helped some of last year's surprise teams - Miami, Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore. That said, KC sounds logical to me. San Fran with Singletary looks good to me as well. The Jets too. Hmmm, who friggin knows?
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #32
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,485
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Sorry man, that ain't gonna happen. Owens does not make them better than the Dolphins and the Pats. Doubt all of them will have 10 wins or more, so the odd man out is Buff. They are always medioce, and this season is no different.
Although I don't think the Bills would count as a surprise, the AFC East is going to be the 2nd most competitive division in the NFL. (guess who is first ). And I think Owens does bring exactly what Buffalo needs, too bad the Patriots got SSprings. If Owens gives them a 1000+ yd year and 10+TDs, then they will be a serious contender. They were very much in the race for the first half of last year, and then they broke down - I don't remember why.
I would not be shocked to see the Bills in 1st or 2nd place in their division.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #33
Camp Scrub
 
freddavisbro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 70
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

we gotta make the playoffs 10 - 11 wins very hopeful
freddavisbro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #34
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Although I don't think the Bills would count as a surprise, the AFC East is going to be the 2nd most competitive division in the NFL. (guess who is first ). And I think Owens does bring exactly what Buffalo needs, too bad the Patriots got SSprings. If Owens gives them a 1000+ yd year and 10+TDs, then they will be a serious contender. They were very much in the race for the first half of last year, and then they broke down - I don't remember why.
I would not be shocked to see the Bills in 1st or 2nd place in their division.
I forsee serious issues in Buffalo for Owens. He WILL NOT stand by and be quiet when those poor qbs up there over throw him. He will cause a fuss, and will either fake an injury and not play, or will be traded away, or just flat out waste away on the bench. I am thinking it will be the injury part.
Buffalo doesn't know what they are in for. The reason they have been even mediocre is good team work, take that chemistry away and throw in a cancer, and you have a recipe for disaster.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #35
Special Teams
 
Hamoskinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Samoa
Posts: 180
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

AFC - Bengals (meow)
NFC - Lions (meow)

I'm following their progress this year and their rookies. Probably in the next 3 years they will be a team to reckon with.
__________________
"If you don't wear a jock strap, you're going to be in trouble."

Bugel
Hamoskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #36
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,799
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoskinz View Post
AFC - Bengals (meow)
NFC - Lions (meow)

I'm following their progress this year and their rookies. Probably in the next 3 years they will be a team to reckon with.
The Bengals have one of the worst ownerships IMO, I think they continue to waste away Carson Palmer's talent. Unless the Steelers and Baltimore take a major nose dive, I don't see them being successful.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 893
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Every year there are teams that jump out of no where and surprise you... last year Ten went 13-3 or ATL 11-5 even ARZ going to the Super Bowl!! Who do you guys think will be the BIG SURPRISE this season?

I say Kansas City has a shot at being a wildcard team because of Cassel and Bowe, he has the potential to become a solid WR. LJ could be a factor with a good QB. 9-7

In the NFC I will roll with New Orleans because eventually their D will step up and Brees, Colston, and Moore make up a Great passing attack even if Shockey isn't a major factor. Bush will be better and Pierre Thomas came on strong last year. I could see this team winning 11 games this season and winning the south.
KC will be much improved, but they look to have a brutal schedule that includes three trips to the east coast and I believe they play the nfc east four consecutive weeks. I think Cleveland will be better and can take advantage of a weak schedule in the afc and I think San Fran in the nfc
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #38
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddavisbro86 View Post
we gotta make the playoffs 10 - 11 wins very hopeful
I'd say thats a good prediction. playoffs or bust
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #39
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,506
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Should have opened the thread with "no spoilers"

Ummm lets see........San Francisco, St. Louis, Houston, Buffalo, Kansas City, and Washington are all nominees for surprise teams. I say Houston, Washington, and St. Louis will do well next year.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:43 AM   #40
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Houston looks good.
St Louis may take some time for Spags to get the defense right.
KC. Im not sold on Cassel. could be a product of the NE system. plus havin Moss and Welker can make any QB look good.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #41
Special Teams
 
an23dy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 162
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

I think the surprise team this year will be Dallas or Philly.
Surprisingly bad that is, I think one of them is headed to 5-11, but I don't know who yet, leaning towards Dallas.
Redskins as surprisingly good, also the Texans and San Fran.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:01 AM   #42
Camp Scrub
 
freddavisbro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 70
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

lions sorta haaaa
freddavisbro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:09 AM   #43
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Well the Lions can only improve.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #44
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 36
Posts: 635
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Well the Lions can only improve.
Buh Duh Dum bum....
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #45
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,485
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I forsee serious issues in Buffalo for Owens. He WILL NOT stand by and be quiet when those poor qbs up there over throw him. He will cause a fuss, and will either fake an injury and not play, or will be traded away, or just flat out waste away on the bench. I am thinking it will be the injury part.
Buffalo doesn't know what they are in for. The reason they have been even mediocre is good team work, take that chemistry away and throw in a cancer, and you have a recipe for disaster.
That's really a misconception of how TO's cancer spreads (and I don't deny he is one). TO has a huge work ethic, and he always starts out by giving good praise to HIS quarterback. That's why his first year is often so good. Now in Dallas with Parcells, the injury thing came up, but that was Parcells not really wanting "the player". Everyone in Buffalo is going to give TO whatever he needs. TO also develops a click around him of players who see him as a hard working athlete who has gotten a bum rap. Buffalo has several players who will line up on that side with him. TO's cancer only starts to eat away at the team as they get so close, but never quite over the top, and he starts sending out messages of "if only I had gotten the ball that one more time we could have won that game". And by the 3rd year the teams are left with a locker room that has two camps, one supporting the QB, the other supporting TO. Of course the media feeds all of this and blows it up causing the cancer to really spread.

I say all that to again make the point that TO's presence this year will be amazingly positive for Buffalo. They may even get to the 2nd round of the playoffs, I doubt they make it to the AFC Championship, but if they can take on NE they may very well have a shot.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40545 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25