Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Surprise teams in '09?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #61
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
How about we hold the cowboys to zero TD's in our two beatdowns < I mean games > with them ,,,, would that be a suprise ? The pukes lost more than just T.O. ,,, on Defense , Canty , Ellis , Burnett, Henry,R Williams and pacman .
I'm really looking forward to this year.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #62
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,419
Smile Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I'm really looking forward to this year.
Im with you . I have only been this positive going into the season , twice in ten years . I think some forget , we have had some serious turnover on defense the last few years , losing LB's , Pierce , LA ,, and DB's # 21 , clark , AA < bust > , and having our top 2 corners often hurt , Springs and Rogers . We Land bIG AL , Orakpo , Jarmon , Barnes ,,, and I believe Horton and Moore will have big years ,,,,,, I say Landry has 5 ints and 5-6 sacks , knocking the snot out of both Romo and Eli . Our young trio , Thomas , Kelly and Davis make some BIG plays for us , R EL looks good in the slot . We just need to have 0 inj's on the OLine and we have a shot at the NFC EAST TITLE !!!!!

Last edited by budw38; 07-19-2009 at 11:34 AM.
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #63
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Im with you . I have only been this positive going into the season , twice in ten years . I think some forget , we have had some serious turnover on defense the last few years , losing LB's , Pierce , LA ,, and DB's # 21 , clark , AA < bust > , and having our top 2 corners often hurt , Springs and Rogers . We Land bIG AL , Orakpo , Jarmon , Barnes ,,, and I believe Horton and Moore will have big years ,,,,,, I say Landry has 5 ints and 5-6 sacks , knocking the snot out of both Romo and Eli . Our young trio , Thomas , Kelly and Davis make some BIG plays for us , R EL looks good in the slot . We just need to have 0 inj's on the OLine and we have a shot at the NFC EAST TITLE !!!!!
I agree 100%!
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #64
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,432
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Im with you . I have only been this positive going into the season , twice in ten years . I think some forget , we have had some serious turnover on defense the last few years , losing LB's , Pierce , LA ,, and DB's # 21 , clark , AA < bust > , and having our top 2 corners often hurt , Springs and Rogers . We Land bIG AL , Orakpo , Jarmon , Barnes ,,, and I believe Horton and Moore will have big years ,,,,,, I say Landry has 5 ints and 5-6 sacks , knocking the snot out of both Romo and Eli . Our young trio , Thomas , Kelly and Davis make some BIG plays for us , R EL looks good in the slot . We just need to have 0 inj's on the OLine and we have a shot at the NFC EAST TITLE !!!!!
I 2nd that.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #65
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Im with you . I have only been this positive going into the season , twice in ten years . I think some forget , we have had some serious turnover on defense the last few years , losing LB's , Pierce , LA ,, and DB's # 21 , clark , AA < bust > , and having our top 2 corners often hurt , Springs and Rogers . We Land bIG AL , Orakpo , Jarmon , Barnes ,,, and I believe Horton and Moore will have big years ,,,,,, I say Landry has 5 ints and 5-6 sacks , knocking the snot out of both Romo and Eli . Our young trio , Thomas , Kelly and Davis make some BIG plays for us , R EL looks good in the slot . We just need to have 0 inj's on the OLine and we have a shot at the NFC EAST TITLE !!!!!
I read this on "Inside The Redskins". It's in response to a question about Kareem Moore getting more playing time. "Defensive coaches want to move Landry around and give him more opportunities to make plays. They want to move him closer to the line of scrimmage so that he can blitz quarterbacks - or at least give the impression that he could blitz. This would give the Redskins more options and it would give offensive coordinators another look with which to prepare. Moore would come in on passing downs, with Landry moving from free to strong safety. He impressed coaches with his limited playing time last season and could be used in more packages in 2009."
I think you're making a good call on Landry in 2009. He may make his first Pro-Bowl. For those interested in seeing Landry play at SS more often, it looks like this may happen. Moore appears to be capable of handling FS and gives us more options on defense. Now it's up to Blache to take advantage of our personell. I would like to see us a step closer to Pittsburgh and the Giants defense in terms of pressure and turnovers. Hopefully we'll see that this year.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #66
Impact Rookie
 
Stuck in TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 29
Posts: 545
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

I say the Cowboys, Bucs, Broncos, and Jags are all vying for that #1 draft pick next season. As far as surprise teams go, I think the word "surprise" should be better defined. If it means which team has not been getting attention and will be good, I think the Skins, Colts, Saints, and Steelers are going to turn some heads. However, any fan of the NFL can look at these rosters and see talent and almost want to say "duh!". I think the Raiders will surprise a lot of people along with the Rams. Spags is going to turn that team into a defensive monster! I can see Rams vs Steelers in the Super Bowl in the next ten years. final score: 10-3, anyones guess who wins
__________________
We will miss you Sean.
RIP
1983-2007

REMEMBER VT
Go Hokies
Stuck in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #67
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I read this on "Inside The Redskins". It's in response to a question about Kareem Moore getting more playing time. "Defensive coaches want to move Landry around and give him more opportunities to make plays. They want to move him closer to the line of scrimmage so that he can blitz quarterbacks - or at least give the impression that he could blitz. This would give the Redskins more options and it would give offensive coordinators another look with which to prepare. Moore would come in on passing downs, with Landry moving from free to strong safety. He impressed coaches with his limited playing time last season and could be used in more packages in 2009."
I think you're making a good call on Landry in 2009. He may make his first Pro-Bowl. For those interested in seeing Landry play at SS more often, it looks like this may happen. Moore appears to be capable of handling FS and gives us more options on defense. Now it's up to Blache to take advantage of our personell. I would like to see us a step closer to Pittsburgh and the Giants defense in terms of pressure and turnovers. Hopefully we'll see that this year.
Nice post. I thought Moore looked reallly good last year too. For a rook that missed a lot of time, he showed he could come in & make some nice hits. He seems to have great football instincts, some defensive players just stand out in that way. Safey is deep for us
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #68
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,341
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

AFC: Jets
I'm a fan of Rex Ryan and I think he will have an impact on their defense. They have also made an addition by subtracting Bret Farve

NFC: 49ers
They have almost all the pieces of a good team it becomes a matter of whether they can put it together. They just need that elusive franchise Qb

Superbowl: Redskins
I know we will get to the playoffs but it will be a suprise to most that our defense leads us to the 4th title.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #69
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,791
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
AFC: Jets
I'm a fan of Rex Ryan and I think he will have an impact on their defense. They have also made an addition by subtracting Bret Farve

NFC: 49ers
They have almost all the pieces of a good team it becomes a matter of whether they can put it together. They just need that elusive franchise Qb

Superbowl: Redskins
I know we will get to the playoffs but it will be a suprise to most that our defense leads us to the 4th title.


Training camp starts a week from today!
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #70
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,929
Re: Surprise teams in '09?

AFC-Bengals
I think they will finish 9-7 and take a wild card spot. A healthy Palmer, a running game with Benson and a focused Ochocinco plus with the additions they made on defense, they should be much improved.

NFC-Homerism aside, I'm saying Redskins. Almost by default because I think the other division leaders are going to stay as they were last year but I think we've got a very good chance to win 10+ games, which nobody is giving us a chance to do.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36938 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25