Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


106.7 The Fan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM   #16
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: 106.7 The Fan

This is Mike and Mike pre-gaming around 4:30am before the show starts.

Ok Mike you like the Cowboys this weekend and I like the Redskins, lets argue about it.

Oh and Mike your kids had a sleepover this weekend, think up some crazy story to make everyone laugh.

Oh and the other Mike you lost a bet and you have to wear a leperchan suit this coming weekend.

OMG this is all great stuff they are going to love it!

ZZZZZZZZ...me on the highway listening to them while going to work.

I have not listen to them in over a year, their crap is so canned they should start calling their show Natural Light because it only comes in a can.

The Junkies can get old as well but at least during football season you know they are passoinate about the Skins.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #17
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,638
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Having had the pleasure of knowing and working with both the Junkies and Mike & Mike...umm, I'll stick to my Saved by the Bell reruns weekday mornings on TBS.

Seriously though, Mike & Mike is the greatest morning radio show there is. Believe dat!

As for Cowherd, not a big college football fan and I am a big Redskins fan so I don't listen to his show that often (plus I'm generally busy, meetings, work, posting on the warpath, etc) at that time of day. But I must say, while I've dealt with his producers the past few years, only recently have I really gotten to know Cowherd personally...and honestly I was kind of ready for him to be a total jerk. But he's not, not at all. Extremely down to earth, friendly guy. I never thought when I came up here that Colin Cowherd and Sean Salisbury would be my favorite on-air personalities off-air. (Brian Kenny is up there as well)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Having had the pleasure of knowing and working with both the Junkies and Mike & Mike...umm, I'll stick to my Saved by the Bell reruns weekday mornings on TBS.

Seriously though, Mike & Mike is the greatest morning radio show there is. Believe dat!

As for Cowherd, not a big college football fan and I am a big Redskins fan so I don't listen to his show that often (plus I'm generally busy, meetings, work, posting on the warpath, etc) at that time of day. But I must say, while I've dealt with his producers the past few years, only recently have I really gotten to know Cowherd personally...and honestly I was kind of ready for him to be a total jerk. But he's not, not at all. Extremely down to earth, friendly guy. I never thought when I came up here that Colin Cowherd and Sean Salisbury would be my favorite on-air personalities off-air. (Brian Kenny is up there as well)
I am not trying to be a jerk to you at all and I respect that you have a great deal more insight then I do but as a sports fan who listens to sports talk radio the Mike and Mike show has become complete garbage, IMHO.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
Camp Scrub
 
freddavisbro86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 70
Re: 106.7 The Fan

im new to the radio thing down here i gotta get in the mixxxx
freddavisbro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #20
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 33
Posts: 1,495
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddavisbro86 View Post
im new to the radio thing down here i gotta get in the mixxxx
Where have you been for 150 years?
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,348
Re: 106.7 The Fan

I have a love/hate thing with Cowherd. Hate how he comes off sometimes as a know it all jerk, but he does make me laugh at times with his non-sports observations and the guy does know his college ball.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #22
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,450
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Lavar's show isn't going to last. It will go through football season then it will die. DC isn't NY, Chicago or even Boston when it comes to sports. Even though the team has been average to below average the last 16 years, DC is still a Redskins town. There isn't enough of a market for two sports stations cause not enough people care about the Wizards, Nats, MD. football/basketball or Caps. That's why Snyder merged with Clear Channel. He wasn't getting enough ad dollars or ratings to support John Riggins and co. Hell they're still not and that's why you saw Koken and BMitch get the ax.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,348
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is Mike and Mike pre-gaming around 4:30am before the show starts.

Ok Mike you like the Cowboys this weekend and I like the Redskins, lets argue about it.

Oh and Mike your kids had a sleepover this weekend, think up some crazy story to make everyone laugh.

Oh and the other Mike you lost a bet and you have to wear a leperchan suit this coming weekend.

OMG this is all great stuff they are going to love it!

ZZZZZZZZ...me on the highway listening to them while going to work.

I have not listen to them in over a year, their crap is so canned they should start calling their show Natural Light because it only comes in a can.

The Junkies can get old as well but at least during football season you know they are passoinate about the Skins.
The worst is the stupid schtick they go through with the lead pipe locks segment during football season... all the stupid voices and sound effects. I can't even take it anymore. And then they laugh afterwards like it was the funniest thing ever. :vomit:
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Having had the pleasure of knowing and working with both the Junkies and Mike & Mike...umm, I'll stick to my Saved by the Bell reruns weekday mornings on TBS.

Seriously though, Mike & Mike is the greatest morning radio show there is. Believe dat!

As for Cowherd, not a big college football fan and I am a big Redskins fan so I don't listen to his show that often (plus I'm generally busy, meetings, work, posting on the warpath, etc) at that time of day. But I must say, while I've dealt with his producers the past few years, only recently have I really gotten to know Cowherd personally...and honestly I was kind of ready for him to be a total jerk. But he's not, not at all. Extremely down to earth, friendly guy. I never thought when I came up here that Colin Cowherd and Sean Salisbury would be my favorite on-air personalities off-air. (Brian Kenny is up there as well)
Sorry SS, but respectfully I'm not a fan of the big dogs on ESPN radio. I think Golic is funny, but Mike Greenberg's girly man schtick is SOOO tired. And I just can't stand his voice. Plus, commercials take up at least half of their show. It's amazing to me how many ads there are. And nothing is more annoying than radio ads IMO.

I think Colin Cowherd is pompous as hell. He LOVES the sound of his own voice, and without anyone else on his show, it has a feel of him just forcfeeding his opinions. Plus he loves to bash the Skins.

I've only heard Brian Kenny's show once, and it was pretty solid. Doesn't Van Pelt have his own show now? He's my favorite of the ESPN anchors, plus he's a local guy. Is he a Redskins fan? I think he went to Sherwood High School and I know he's a Terp.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,566
Re: 106.7 The Fan

I listened to M&M for a while but the schtick gets tired fast. The few times they had interesting content, it took forever to weed through the commercials. I swear 3/4's of the show is made up of teasers and commercials. Just not worth listening to IMHO.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #26
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The worst is the stupid schtick they go through with the lead pipe locks segment during football season... all the stupid voices and sound effects. I can't even take it anymore. And then they laugh afterwards like it was the funniest thing ever. :vomit:


I know! It sounds like a goddamn Transformer having an orgasm.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #27
Special Teams
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halethorpe, MD
Posts: 100
Re: 106.7 The Fan

skinsfan69---if Baltimore can have 3 sports radio stations, DC can have 2

GMScud---Van Pelt does have his own show on ESPN radio, I'm pretty sure he is a Skins fan, I think he used to call into the postgame show on 980
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
skinsfan69---if Baltimore can have 3 sports radio stations, DC can have 2

GMScud---Van Pelt does have his own show on ESPN radio, I'm pretty sure he is a Skins fan, I think he used to call into the postgame show on 980

I would argue B-more has two teams people generally care about, O's and Ravens. DC just really has the Skins. Also keep in mind DC is probale the most transient city in the US. There are very few home grown locals in DC that pass down generation to generation a love of local DC sports. Also the amount of forgieners that live in DC that don't care about American Sports is pretty large. I bet if you polled all of DC the number one sport would be football and I am not talking about the kind football the Skins play. For the record DC United doesn't count these fans are cheering for their home country's teams.

Probably best Sports Jock on ESPN radio is Erick Kueselias. the guy rocks and why they moved him to NASCAR is beyond me.

Erik Kuselias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #29
Special Teams
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halethorpe, MD
Posts: 100
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Give it a few months I think it will make both stations better

I think there are more home grown DC fans then people realize...and there are also more people who moved here because of college that will listen if they know their school is going to be covered
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,585
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah their act is pretty tired and it seems like they are constantly on commercial breaks.

Thank god for Sirius.
I'll second that.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32501 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25