Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


106.7 The Fan

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
106.7 The Fan

So it looks like Lavar is going from F&B to radio.

He will be on the radio at 2pm on the new Fan (106.7) with Chad Dukes. If you know Chad this should be a pretty crazy show.

I will still contiue to listen to the Junkies but I am exicited to see this marriage of Lavar and Chad in radio heaven or should I say hell.


http://imgsrv.wjfk.com/image/wjfk2/U...ss_Release.doc
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So it looks like Lavar is going from F&B to radio.

He will be on the radio at 2pm on the new Fan (106.7) with Chad Dukes. If you know Chad this should be a pretty crazy show.

I will still contiue to listen to the Junkies but I am exicited to see this marriage of Lavar and Chad in radio heaven or should I say hell.


http://imgsrv.wjfk.com/image/wjfk2/U...ss_Release.doc
I'm just glad there are 2 sports radio stations instead of the 1 controlled by Synder, but I still don't think 106.7's lineup beats 980.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 36
Posts: 1,319
Re: 106.7 The Fan

I'm actually a bit offended by the format change on 106.7 because they yanked Mike O'Meara to try out a radio team with LaVar Arrington as the lead. I've always liked LaVar, however he's a slow talker and doesn't seem right for radio. The other guy Chad Dukes is the typical ignorant, douchebag fan that wants to start the regular season with Colt Brennan under center and Marcus Mason in the backfield since they looked so good in preseason last year...
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: 106.7 The Fan

^ Honestly somebody probably feed that to Chad Dukes I think he is more a shock jock then a sports radio guy.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halethorpe, MD
Posts: 100
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Hopefully they can do something about their signal. I lose it in Howard County
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,837
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Hopefully they can do something about their signal. I lose it in Howard County

Yeah I can only hear it through streaming here in Harford County.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I'm actually a bit offended by the format change on 106.7 because they yanked Mike O'Meara to try out a radio team with LaVar Arrington as the lead. I've always liked LaVar, however he's a slow talker and doesn't seem right for radio. The other guy Chad Dukes is the typical ignorant, douchebag fan that wants to start the regular season with Colt Brennan under center and Marcus Mason in the backfield since they looked so good in preseason last year...
Good points. LaVar and Dukes will bring in an audience, but LaVar definitely can't carry a full radio show (at least I don't think so). He'll definitely say "outrageous" stuff like how Gibbs was the worst coach he ever had to get people to tune in. But when push comes to shove and people want to talk Redskins, I doubt he'll have the access to the locker room that the guys at 980 will have.

Looking forward to Wise's show though. And I suspect there's another big name down the line.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: 106.7 The Fan

So what's the over/under on how many broadcasts they do before Lavar announces he's coming back to play for the Skins?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
I'm just glad there are 2 sports radio stations instead of the 1 controlled by Synder, but I still don't think 106.7's lineup beats 980.
So should we expect a more positive view of the Redskins? Because either Snyder likes to hear bad things being said about his team, or the fact that he owns 980 doesn't matter b/c I keep hearing negative crap from the Sports Reporters.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
Special Teams
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halethorpe, MD
Posts: 100
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
I'm just glad there are 2 sports radio stations instead of the 1 controlled by Synder, but I still don't think 106.7's lineup beats 980.
Its a pretty good line up to start. I will listen to 106.7 till noon; anything is better then Mike & Mike and the Herd. And I remember hearing Lavar once or twice when he filled in for Doc and he wasn't that bad.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: 106.7 The Fan

I live in NYC and i can't stand Mike & Mike, when they first started the were great now, they want to be comedians and their not funny stick to sports that's what i use to tune in for.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
Bdilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fairfax
Age: 29
Posts: 15
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Chad Dukes lost all credibility in my book when he was blabbering about how the skins should go after Favre a while back. I distinctly remember "Every TRUE skins fan should want Favre in DC". Donk. Lavar doesn't have enough of a presence in my book. Mike Wise is legit, however.
Bdilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So should we expect a more positive view of the Redskins? Because either Snyder likes to hear bad things being said about his team, or the fact that he owns 980 doesn't matter b/c I keep hearing negative crap from the Sports Reporters.
I remember everyone (maybe even me) got really upset when he bought 980, but it has been pretty unbiased. I am sure he just stays away from the programing and tells producers not to sensor people.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Yeah I'd probably listen to 106.7 till noon then switch to 980, only because I don't care for Mike and Mike that much, and Cowherd makes me sick, Lavar is good but 980's afternoon lineup is far better than 106.7's right now.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,553
Re: 106.7 The Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
I live in NYC and i can't stand Mike & Mike, when they first started the were great now, they want to be comedians and their not funny stick to sports that's what i use to tune in for.
Yeah their act is pretty tired and it seems like they are constantly on commercial breaks.

Thank god for Sirius.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28540 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25