Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #61
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Well, he's had 2 damn good games outta 5. I'm not saying it's a successful prediction (yet), but games like that will have Romo looking his way more. Also, has Roy Williams done anything all year aside from that 66 yarder against Tampa? We'll see how the season shakes out, but I think I'm on my way to a successful prediction.
Austin doesn't have Williams contract and thus the mandatory playtime. He's not sitting this year no matter how ineffective he ends up being.

Austin did have a big game today though. He scored 65 points in my league's scoring format. I have 73 right now with just Peyton Manning left to play...down by 40.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #62
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
They played the Chiefs and R. Williams is out. Austin is not going to see stats like that for the rest of the season.

Today's performance doesn't ferment anything just yet. He has to have sustained outings and one hit doesn't constitute a successful prediction.
You about ready to give me some credit? (Effing Cowboys. Damn it).
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #63
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Austin doesn't have Williams contract and thus the mandatory playtime. He's not sitting this year no matter how ineffective he ends up being.

Austin did have a big game today though. He scored 65 points in my league's scoring format. I have 73 right now with just Peyton Manning left to play...down by 40.
Austin put up 29 points for me today in fantasy
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 AM   #64
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Great call guys on miles Austin!! This shows that a GOod qb can make stars out of any players.. That dude is scary good
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Miles is good becase Tony is a playmaking qb, this guy is a stud and I don't give a damn what you guys or girls say.. I would take romo in a second over most of the qbs in the league..
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

I think it's the other way around, Miles Austin is making Tony Romo look like a stud.

Say what you will about Romo, Austin has to catch it and run with it. And he's been doing a great job so far. All Romo can do is deliver the ball, the rest is on Austin.

Oh, Roy Williams is turning out to be a collossal bust.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #67
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Miles Austin has really emerged this year. In my FF league, he was putting up good numbers week in and week out, yet no one put a claim on him. I picked him up last week and did something i never thought i'd ever do - start a dallas cowboys player on my fantasy team. Now i'm going to be facing a dilema when the girls play the skins - do i care more about winning in my FF league than i do about my principles?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I think it's the other way around, Miles Austin is making Tony Romo look like a stud.

Say what you will about Romo, Austin has to catch it and run with it. And he's been doing a great job so far. All Romo can do is deliver the ball, the rest is on Austin.

Oh, Roy Williams is turning out to be a collossal bust.
Well romo is 31-16 as a starter, with a 90+ passer rating so yea romo is the real deal...
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #69
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Miles Austin has really emerged this year. In my FF league, he was putting up good numbers week in and week out, yet no one put a claim on him. I picked him up last week and did something i never thought i'd ever do - start a dallas cowboys player on my fantasy team. Now i'm going to be facing a dilema when the girls play the skins - do i care more about winning in my FF league than i do about my principles?
He wasn't doing anything until week 5 when he went 10-250-2. Prior to that he had 5 catches on the year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #70
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,402
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

this isnt quite related to this thread so i apologize in advance but this thread reminds of vinny this offseason when he was taking questions regarding how the skins prepare and evaluate players for the draft:

Q: "who did the skins have targeted in last years draft?"

A: "jarod mayo but he went before we expected him to, then any time you get a chance to trade back and collect multiple draft picks yada yada yada . . "

lol, of course you had the defensive ROY lined up as your first choice vinny. i really wish he gets asked that question before the rookies start playing and not after the awards are handed out.

go skins!!

side note: vinny also said desean jackson was the most polished nfl ready reciever of the bunch but they just couldnt pass on the upside of thomas. again this was after the rookies played their first year.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #71
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well romo is 31-16 as a starter, with a 90+ passer rating so yea romo is the real deal...

Whatever, man. This isn't about Romo. I'm simply stating the Miles Austin was flying under the radar, except for GMScud, and now he appears to be a baller. That's all I'm saying.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

I "break out" in handcuffs when I drink too much. It's an allergic reaction.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #73
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 3,402
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

^^^ lol really? cuz i break out the handcuffs when ive had too much to drink.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
^^^ lol really? cuz i break out the handcuffs when ive had too much to drink.
If you were a woman, I'd call that a party.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:56 AM   #75
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Which Non-Redskins Will "Break Out" in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
this isnt quite related to this thread so i apologize in advance but this thread reminds of vinny this offseason when he was taking questions regarding how the skins prepare and evaluate players for the draft:

Q: "who did the skins have targeted in last years draft?"

A: "jarod mayo but he went before we expected him to, then any time you get a chance to trade back and collect multiple draft picks yada yada yada . . "

lol, of course you had the defensive ROY lined up as your first choice vinny. i really wish he gets asked that question before the rookies start playing and not after the awards are handed out.
Actually, I remember reading articles in the WaPo saying that Cerrato was targeting Mayo. The team was pretty high on him and expected him to fall to them at #21.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27924 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25