Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #31
Camp Scrub
 
dan_snyder69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: maryland & south carolina
Posts: 92
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

yea buchanon that's what I was thinking also
__________________
Moving to the South only has one drawback: No FedEx Field!
dan_snyder69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #32
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 561
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
ho hum. the skins are always linked to anyone that looks some what attractive. show me some proof
Exactly
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:23 PM   #33
Impact Rookie
 
Coff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Halfmoon, NY
Posts: 561
Re: Samuels quot eon Campbell provided by Kevin Sheen on Redskins radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
Okay, so the "momentum" allegedly building is evidenced by a Redskin coach mentioning that several members of the coaching staff wouldn't mind having him on the team. What a stupidly misleading headline.

By the way, the headline has now been changed on the site to add Baltimore to the mix.
Nevertheless, it is disappointing to hear any coach on the skins wouldn't mind having him on the team.

On a separate note, I'm not a Campbell supporter, but I believe him to be a better QB than Vick. Vick can run, he can do things that Campbell cannot, but Vick is not a good QB. In addition, it is important for a team to support its QB, and whether or not Campbell is right for the team, if he is deemed to be the QB for the Redskins, it is entirely out of bounds for any assistant coach to make any comments that can be in anyway misconstrued as supporting the idea of a QB change.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #34
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: Samuels quot eon Campbell provided by Kevin Sheen on Redskins radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Nevertheless, it is disappointing to hear any coach on the skins wouldn't mind having him on the team.

On a separate note, I'm not a Campbell supporter, but I believe him to be a better QB than Vick. Vick can run, he can do things that Campbell cannot, but Vick is not a good QB. In addition, it is important for a team to support its QB, and whether or not Campbell is right for the team, if he is deemed to be the QB for the Redskins, it is entirely out of bounds for any assistant coach to make any comments that can be in anyway misconstrued as supporting the idea of a QB change.
Any team that gets Vick is going to get him at the league minumum for a player with his tenure. He'll be a situational player... not a threat to any credible starting QB. Even if, by chance, he were to land with the Sninz, he is no threat to JC. Jizzle Cizzle will get every opportunity to succeed. It's his team for now.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #35
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

We are Still learning the WCO i dont want to see us go all wildcat just to get one guy on the field.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
Camp Scrub
 
redskinslick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 54
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

I believe JC did everything he needed to do for us to be successful last year.Could he have done more???Maybe.Even with holes in the o line,he still got the ball to recievers,who would drop the ball at the most inopportune time in just about every game.
redskinslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #37
Impact Rookie
 
hail_2_da_skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 58
Posts: 863
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Chris Samuels needs to focus on doing his job better. The reason Jason Campbell is on a short leash, is because he spent too much time getting sacked. If Samuels and his fellow offensive linemen, took it upon themselves to do something about that, the quarterback controversy would cease. Most quarterbacks, given ample pass protection, get the job done. Campbell is not exception. When he has time and the receivers get separation, he delivers. Everyone on this offense needs to do a better job, coaches included.
__________________
"HAIL TO THE SKINS"
hail_2_da_skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

What does that Pineapple Jesus mean?
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #39
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
What does that Pineapple Jesus mean?
Is this question 3?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #40
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Well last year he looked great after 6 to 7 games.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #41
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinslick View Post
I believe JC did everything he needed to do for us to be successful last year.Could he have done more???Maybe.Even with holes in the o line,he still got the ball to recievers,who would drop the ball at the most inopportune time in just about every game.
Excuse time is over for JC and he did not do everything he needed to do last years for us to be successful.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #42
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail_2_da_skins View Post
Chris Samuels needs to focus on doing his job better. The reason Jason Campbell is on a short leash, is because he spent too much time getting sacked. If Samuels and his fellow offensive linemen, took it upon themselves to do something about that, the quarterback controversy would cease. Most quarterbacks, given ample pass protection, get the job done. Campbell is not exception. When he has time and the receivers get separation, he delivers. Everyone on this offense needs to do a better job, coaches included.
Sorry but JC causes a bunch of those sacks by holding onto the ball and he often follows one WR and misses the guy wide open.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #43
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 36
Posts: 1,319
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Sorry but JC causes a bunch of those sacks by holding onto the ball and he often follows one WR and misses the guy wide open.
I don't know many quarterbacks that can have a 62.3% completion percentage, and often miss wide open receivers in the same season. I could throw out an equally ridiculous statement and say that Redskins receivers often drop balls that are thrown directly to them.

As far as Samuels' comment; it's not overly shocking to believe that he'd be yanked in the middle of the season if the team is performing poorly. The main problem with that is, if Collins is named the #2, it's basically a give up move.

Last edited by Southpaw; 08-03-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #44
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,420
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Does JC hold the ball too long at times, sure. But the OL was clearly the primary problem down the stretch last year.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #45
Impact Rookie
 
Bill B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 721
Re: Samuels: Campbell has 6-7 games to prove himself (radio quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Does JC hold the ball too long at times, sure. But the OL was clearly the primary problem down the stretch last year.

This is spot on. I would add also that in the second half of the year the running game kind of came to a halt. Many would probably agree as well that part of the problem with the running game is when you can only effectively run to one side most defense in the NFL will be able to stop you after a while and studying tape. I would agree that if the offensive line gives Campbell time to throw it will only make him more effective, but I would also add that if the offensive line actually allows the team to run to the other side more effectively than it will make us that much more difficult to defend - if we don't teams will simply stack the side we do run to and our offense will be average.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33604 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25