Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #91
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 8,365
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

This thread is now officially gay.
Schneed10 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #92
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,519
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Sorry Matty but i have seen threads closed because one member requested it. I dont agree with it but for anyone to demand a thread to be closed is takin a B##ch way out. IMO all of the threads should run their course until a inactive time frame passes and then close them.
Nah, threads don't get closed because one person requests it. It might look that way, but when that happens the thread was already well on it's way to being locked before anyone said anything.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #93
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Nah, threads don't get closed because one person requests it. It might look that way, but when that happens the thread was already well on it's way to being locked before anyone said anything.
What are the guidelines that lead to a thread being closed? If i may ask
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #94
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
What are the guidelines that lead to a thread being closed? If i may ask
Complete and utter stupidity repeated over and over would be one of the reasons for closure I would hope.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #95
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

When i come on here i know what im getting into. I know that when it comes to something like our QB position thats where alot of us are divided. i expect to take alot of flak from the JC supporters and when i express my thoughts of him it usually leads to a heated discussion and to me its all in good fun. I dont get offended by anyone and I dont take it serious enough to the point where im going to ask that the convo end or that someone is banned. If you cant take the heat keep your @$$ out the kitchen.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #96
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,519
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Complete and utter stupidity repeated over and over would be one of the reasons for closure I would hope.
Yeah that would be it, definitely

There's no real hard guidelines or anything, just a feeling that a thread is going nowhere and has exhausted it's usefulness.

Or a duplicate of course.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #97
Special Teams
 
SkinsFanSince91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 368
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

I just wanted to state my case, and just as I had suspected, the mods proved me to be right. They are just going to do what they want to do. The environment here on warpath is essentially hegemonic in nature. The guys at the top are gonna do what they want and say what they want without reproach, while the marginalizing the opinions of the few.

There is no longer any balance here. If one is offended, its a good chance its just gonna stay up there unless mods disapprove.

And as for Matty, you seem to be a pretty stand up guy. Objective in most cases that I have seen you comment on, but I am disappointed to say the least. Not only is the topic brushed off, but it is posted on your personal avatar. One could constitute that as a slap in the face, but its whatever.

Like I said, my case was stated, mods acted like expected, and the result will remain the same. So to all out there who may hold anything sacred, do not be surprised if one day you are in this position. Pleading your case only goes but so far on here, that is unless you are part of the hegemony.

This is my last post on this topic. I will trust the mods to do what is right.
__________________
Without Struggle, there is no progress!

Jason Campbell is our guy! Lets RIde!!!

HAIL TO THE SKINS!!!
SkinsFanSince91 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #98
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,519
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanSince91 View Post
I just wanted to state my case, and just as I had suspected, the mods proved me to be right. They are just going to do what they want to do. The environment here on warpath is essentially hegemonic in nature. The guys at the top are gonna do what they want and say what they want without reproach, while the marginalizing the opinions of the few.

There is no longer any balance here. If one is offended, its a good chance its just gonna stay up there unless mods disapprove.

And as for Matty, you seem to be a pretty stand up guy. Objective in most cases that I have seen you comment on, but I am disappointed to say the least. Not only is the topic brushed off, but it is posted on your personal avatar. One could constitute that as a slap in the face, but its whatever.

Like I said, my case was stated, mods acted like expected, and the result will remain the same. So to all out there who may hold anything sacred, do not be surprised if one day you are in this position. Pleading your case only goes but so far on here, that is unless you are part of the hegemony.

This is my last post on this topic. I will trust the mods to do what is right.
Guess I'll ask this again since you seemed to brush aside my response.

Where do we draw the line if we bow to the minority here? Anytime someone has a problem with something we're supposed to shut down threads and remove content? All for 1 or 2 people? Really?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #99
Impact Rookie
 
ethat001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 741
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

I agree with skinsnut, and I'm not a religious fanatic. But I thought the comments in the other thread were offensive, but now there's an entire thread about this which is even more over the top.

The picture with thorns and Jesus in the title is pretty ridiculous. The thorned pinapple is pretty silly, but doesn't really belong in a conversation about football. "Ante, Christ" images? Are you serious? I'd imagine if there was a swastika, if there were indian scalps, if there were muslim symbols -- I wonder if the mods would respond then.

I'm discouraged everyone just make fun of skinsnut, and I'm disappointed that the moderators are so underwhelmingly apathetic.

I'm not sure if I'll visit this forum in the future. I had thought there were good informed points of view here, but clearly not worth it.

After all, it's just a game.
ethat001 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #100
Special Teams
 
Rajmahal33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 478
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

As a person who loves pineapples, i am terribly offended. I demand that this thread be LOCKED. I furthermore demand that the culprits of all future suspicious pineapple-related comments be dealt with by catapult...

Seriously can't we all just get along. Theoretically by this thread closing logic, couldn't someone who is native american come on this site and insist that every thread/sig/whatever containing the moniker "redskins" be offensive to them and demand the thread be closed? RIDICULOUS
__________________
McNasty FTW!
Rajmahal33 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #101
The Starter
 
NM Redskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,009
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

We are growing too serious, and let me tell you, that's the very next step to being dull.
__________________
Despite my solid 40 time and great intangibles I went undrafted AGAIN!
NM Redskin is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #102
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmahal33 View Post
As a person who loves pineapples, i am terribly offended. I demand that this thread be LOCKED. I furthermore demand that the culprits of all future suspicious pineapple-related comments be dealt with by catapult...
lolz too funny.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #103
The Starter
 
rypper11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 1,226
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

If you try hard enough you can find offense in anything.
I would never buy a Pineapple Jesus t-shirt (or an F*&^ Dallas shirt for that matter) but to censor someones right to express it is the offensive part. In today's world people want the freedom to say what they want and never hear any other views. The only difference between Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern is which side of the extreme you favor.
However, one thing I've always liked about this site is the disagreements without namecalling and personal attacks. IMHO, this was the only line that was crossed.
__________________
Playing a kids game for a kings ransom.
rypper11 is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #104
Registered User
 
wilsowilso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Age: 41
Posts: 2,841
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
I'm discouraged everyone just make fun of skinsnut, and I'm disappointed that the moderators are so underwhelmingly apathetic. .

Why even bother to post if you are going to say some garbage like "everyone just make fun of skinsnut" because that's not at all what happened.

Read the thread again.

Or look up the word "everyone" in the dictionary.
wilsowilso is offline  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #105
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,024
Re: Pineapple Je5us (Colt Brennan tribute)

To the folks who find the Colt imagery to be offensive, I apologize for myself and others. It is not good to feel like what is sacred to you is being dragged through the mud. People should be sensitive about this.

However, the intent was never to denigrate Jesus. Symbols related to Jesus were borrowed but Jesus was never depicted in a bad light. Jesus was not personally attacked. People did not intend to mock Jesus at all but rather to mock other people. People were trying to have fun and were not seeking to cause offense.

I self-identify as a Buddhist. I would not mind if the imagery were "Pineapple Buddha," including an image of Colt sitting under the tree of enlightenment. I would know that it all was in fun. However, something would be lost, because part of the mockery of people who lionize Colt concerns the idea that he is our football savior, and the Buddha clearly stated that he was not a savior.

I encourage everyone to be respectful of religious sensibilities of others. And I encourage those who were offended by the Colt imagery to change their attitude from outrage to disapproving.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.44514 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25