Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
GTripp...is that you?
LOL I thought the same exact thing!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,716
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Devin steppinf forward and preparing like a pro is great. He is a professional football player and I'm glad he has humbled himself. And also started to act like a pro in his preperation ( good for him that's why we edrafted him). Seems as though we are hearing great things about him and Kelly, but to the same respect I woulld not expect to hear negative statements coming from the redskin staff at this point. Let's see some game action of these guys so we can see for ourselves where our guys are. Let's go skins!
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #63
Special Teams
 
Mc2guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 287
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

The fact is, we haven't had a legit 1/2 receiver combination since the days of "the posse". Thomas could change that, and that has me excited.

BTW, I've been away for a while...its good be back.
Mc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
thanks. and didnt we think Kelly was the better wide out when we drafted him? did we give up on him already?
http://www.thewarpath.net/572222-post39.html (Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #65
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAREDSKINSFAN View Post
I don't think Devin Thomas is starting material. I lthink Malcom Kelly is the better of the two.
Based on what exactly?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #66
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

It is very encouraging if a draft pick earns a starting spot. I also think that Randle-El should be in the slot (probably where he should have been this whole time...) it is unfortunate that we are paying him #2 receiver money and he is a liability as a punt returner. Oh well, we can fix that next year...
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #67
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc2guy View Post
The fact is, we haven't had a legit 1/2 receiver combination since the days of "the posse". Thomas could change that, and that has me excited.

BTW, I've been away for a while...its good be back.
You're right. Coles and Gardner had the potential if it wasn't for Coles' foot injuries and the butter on Gardner's hands.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #68
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Per Redskins Insider, apparently DT sat out practice today with "the official injury of the Washington Redskins" - the sore hamstring.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #69
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAREDSKINSFAN View Post
I don't think Devin Thomas is starting material. I lthink Malcom Kelly is the better of the two.
You have to be able to get on the field to be considered starting material. Devin Thomas to date has been superior to Malcolm Kelly.

For the record I never wanted us to draft Kelly. I was pissed when we took 3 pass catchers in a row 2 drafts ago. I was even more pissed that one of them was Malcolm Kelly.

Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if Kelly ends up being a good player. I just think that Thomas has had and is going to have a better career. If not, then why is Thomas in the shoot for starting Z and not Kelly?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
You have to be able to get on the field to be considered starting material. Devin Thomas to date has been superior to Malcolm Kelly.

For the record I never wanted us to draft Kelly. I was pissed when we took 3 pass catchers in a row 2 drafts ago. I was even more pissed that one of them was Malcolm Kelly.

Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if Kelly ends up being a good player. I just think that Thomas has had and is going to have a better career. If not, then why is Thomas in the shoot for starting Z and not Kelly?
Are you talking about NFL career, or college career? Because Kelly had the better college career.

Also, Kelly is being more prepared for the split end position than the Z anyway.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #71
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you talking about NFL career, or college career? Because Kelly had the better college career.

Also, Kelly is being more prepared for the split end position than the Z anyway.
NFL career, not college. Kelly had the knee problem and the whole "40 yard dash problem" when he was in the process of being drafted. Both of those were red flags that went up in my head before the draft took place. We drafted him anyway.

As far as Kelly being groomed as an X as opposed as a Z, that is the choice of a coaching staff. A WR is a WR and if a guy is not talented enough to play both X and Z then why draft him so high?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #72
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
NFL career, not college. Kelly had the knee problem and the whole "40 yard dash problem" when he was in the process of being drafted. Both of those were red flags that went up in my head before the draft took place. We drafted him anyway.

As far as Kelly being groomed as an X as opposed as a Z, that is the choice of a coaching staff. A WR is a WR and if a guy is not talented enough to play both X and Z then why draft him so high?
The knee problem is definitely a concern and will probably always be. The 40-yard dash was an isolated incident, not reflective of how he really is.

Kelly probably can play the X and the Z, he's just better suited for the X like DT is better suited for the Z. If all goes well both will get substantial playing time this year that who's starting will be pretty irrelevant
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #73
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The knee problem is definitely a concern and will probably always be. The 40-yard dash was an isolated incident, not reflective of how he really is.

Kelly probably can play the X and the Z, he's just better suited for the X like DT is better suited for the Z. If all goes well both will get substantial playing time this year that who's starting will be pretty irrelevant
I don't see that happening this year. Maybe next year or the year after. Kelly has alot of catching up to do. He might be able to replace Moss at X in the future, but I do not see him getting significant PT this year. He might get as many snaps as DT had last year...that's it.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #74
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I don't see that happening this year. Maybe next year or the year after. Kelly has alot of catching up to do. He might be able to replace Moss at X in the future, but I do not see him getting significant PT this year. He might get as many snaps as DT had last year...that's it.
Well we sort of agree there

http://www.thewarpath.net/572222-post39.html (Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #75
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,004
Re: Devin Thomas on track to start opposite Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I don't see that happening this year. Maybe next year or the year after. Kelly has alot of catching up to do. He might be able to replace Moss at X in the future, but I do not see him getting significant PT this year. He might get as many snaps as DT had last year...that's it.
Perish the thought of this happening but to the extent that Moss, ARE, or DT are hurt, to that extent I think Kelly will see significant playing time. That's as things stand now. I think he'll also play 4-WR sets. And if he starts to "get it," he could play so much that he will be pushing ARE out of the door.

If his knee does not cooperate, though, all of this for Kelly is off the table.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28320 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25