Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #61
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
More importantly, the best D, and the best OLine. If you do not think they are a championship threat, then you do not know football.
I doubt your oline stays healthy this year, and Spags leaving is going to hurt you. 53Fan said you might win the first game, I say no way. Your team is absolutely going to be overlooking the Skins, I don't even blame them you guys have had our number, but this is a different team, and suddenly Eli is going to look very average. I said 28-10 Skins earlier, with a pick 6 atleast.

I understand looking at last year, but please where your collapse was predicated on losing Plax, ours was on injuries. You did not fix your loss, we strengthened our line (don't believe the media line). But I realize it's all speculation right now. But I can't wait for that first game!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #62
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
More importantly, the best D, and the best OLine. If you do not think they are a championship threat, then you do not know football.
What makes you think they have the best D in the division? Because you said so? They could have the worst. Washington's was better and they upgraded. Dallas has a ton of talent and the Eagles always have a good D.

I saw them without Burress last year and they were nothing special. Philadelphia went into your house and bitch slapped you. My 5 year old could break that down for you.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #63
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Age: 38
Posts: 457
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Nope, but it has to start somewhere. This site never changes. I remember the Yahoo group/club days, I remember how excited you guys were when Spurrier was hired and the first pre-season game he coached. Skins 1st O scored TD's on their first 2 drives, and they were on their way to the Super Bowl. How did that work out? I remember the Schottenheimer (sp?) days. Yup, skins fans were excited then. Now, Haynesworth and Jason Campbell are going to lead them to glory. You're hysterical, thanks for giving me a good laugh. Wife got me Carvel, but the stupid employee f'd it up. You, on the other hand made up for my bad ice cream experience.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #64
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Age: 38
Posts: 457
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
What makes you think they have the best D in the division? Because you said so? They could have the worst. Washington's was better and they upgraded. Dallas has a ton of talent and the Eagles always have a good D.

I saw them without Burress last year and they were nothing special. Philadelphia went into your house and bitch slapped you. My 5 year old could break that down for you.
Their only weakness is at Will LB. The skins did not have a better D. The Giants pass rush is devastating and is getting Umenyiora back. The pass rush sets up everything defensively.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #65
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
yeah, ok. first the skins were going to kick their ass, now just a few minutes later you are saying the giants might win the first game. It's ok. You guys were saying the same thing last year. The skins were going to win the opener because the Giants were not going to be prepared, all the hoopla about the Super Bowl will take their focus off the game. Giants 16, Skins 7 (and it wasn't even that close). Then the Burress thing was going to be a distraction yada yada yada, Giants 23, Skins 7.
I won't make excuses. You beat us LAST year. Being honest, you MIGHT win the first game, MIGHT. But you WON"T beat us twice and we WILL be the better team. We're getting better. What makes you think you are? Ya'll totally CHOKED at the end. Why? You were better than most of the division most of the year. What happened? You talk about our offense but the last 2 days of practice ya'll have thrown 11 INT's. Don't get your hopes up to high because the window is closing and we've caught up. You'll see...or maybe you'll stay in denial.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #66
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Nope, but it has to start somewhere. This site never changes. I remember the Yahoo group/club days, I remember how excited you guys were when Spurrier was hired and the first pre-season game he coached. Skins 1st O scored TD's on their first 2 drives, and they were on their way to the Super Bowl. How did that work out? I remember the Schottenheimer (sp?) days. Yup, skins fans were excited then. Now, Haynesworth and Jason Campbell are going to lead them to glory. You're hysterical, thanks for giving me a good laugh. Wife got me Carvel, but the stupid employee f'd it up. You, on the other hand made up for my bad ice cream experience.
So did you smoke crack and start typing gibberish instead? If the G-men were half as good as you think they are they would be 19-0.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #67
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Their only weakness is at Will LB. The skins did not have a better D. The Giants pass rush is devastating and is getting Umenyiora back. The pass rush sets up everything defensively.

Like I asked you before, why, because you said so? Washington's defense was better last year and they made two huge upgrades (Orakpo and Haynesworth). I know what sets up a defense and so does Cerrato that is why we picked up the single most devastating lineman in football and picked the consensus top pass rusher in college football. We also drafted another big time pass rusher in the supplemental draft. Maybe you are used to talking to Giant fans but "my team is better because I said so" doesn't fly in here.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #68
Special Teams
 
coggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: staten island
Age: 38
Posts: 457
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I won't make excuses. You beat us LAST year. Being honest, you MIGHT win the first game, MIGHT. But you WON"T beat us twice and we WILL be the better team. We're getting better. What makes you think you are? Ya'll totally CHOKED at the end. Why? You were better than most of the division most of the year. What happened? You talk about our offense but the last 2 days of practice ya'll have thrown 11 INT's. Don't get your hopes up to high because the window is closing and we've caught up. You'll see...or maybe you'll stay in denial.
Oh no, they have thrown INT's in practice. Uh-oh. Better find a new QB. Fortunately, the Giants O will never have to play a defense as good as the D they are playing in training camp.
__________________
"Everyone is talking about their dynasty. Well, OUR DYNASTY STARTS TONIGHT."--Michael Strahan, pre-game huddle Pep talk, February 3rd, 2008.
coggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #69
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Nope, but it has to start somewhere. This site never changes. I remember the Yahoo group/club days, I remember how excited you guys were when Spurrier was hired and the first pre-season game he coached. Skins 1st O scored TD's on their first 2 drives, and they were on their way to the Super Bowl. How did that work out? I remember the Schottenheimer (sp?) days. Yup, skins fans were excited then. Now, Haynesworth and Jason Campbell are going to lead them to glory. You're hysterical, thanks for giving me a good laugh. Wife got me Carvel, but the stupid employee f'd it up. You, on the other hand made up for my bad ice cream experience.
I wasn't here then but since you like to talk about the past so much, what happened to your great team last year? Ya'll blew it. What happened to the dynasty? That's what happens when your head and mouth get bigger than your talent.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Oh no, they have thrown INT's in practice. Uh-oh. Better find a new QB. Fortunately, the Giants O will never have to play a defense as good as the D they are playing in training camp.
Fortunately our offensive line won't have to play a D as good as they're playing in TC.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #71
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Coggs, I will give it to you, you guys beat us by a collective 25 points last season. The Giants were better than the Skins then. The NFL however is a "What have you done for me lately" league. You say that it is a 3 team race for the NFC east title, well we have been in the race every other year. We can sweep the Eagles, we can split the Cowboys, but we just can't seem to beat the Giants.

Well, all of that is about to change. over the past 2 years you have lost 3 playmakers (Shockey, Ward, Burress) on offense and your D coridinator. Your O line isn't going to mean shit without the talent. Your offense will struggle. Your D might be OK.

You ready for this? Your team is now going to be subject to relying on their defense for wins. Now considering that you have pretty good D, you should not fret too much. I do want you to remember this though, we have been relying on Defense for the past decade and ours is a whole lot better than yours this season. We already know that we can win with shitty offense...can the VAGIANTS?
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #72
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Oh no, they have thrown INT's in practice. Uh-oh. Better find a new QB. Fortunately, the Giants O will never have to play a defense as good as the D they are playing in training camp.
Um, were you guys the number 1D (use any stat you want), I don't think so. Philly was far better, and our secondary/LB's are also better. Your D's strength is the Line. and that's a good thing, but to pretend that your practice is tougher than the competition you will face is flat out arrogant and ridiculous. As was said, you sound more like a Cowboys fan, than the Giants fans I used to know.(thats not a complement, but you probably take it as one.)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #73
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Not worth it at all, especially without Plaxico...
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #74
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Well Pocket$, I guess he took his ice-cream and went home.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #75
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Well Pocket$, I guess he took his ice-cream and went home.

Just like his team did when Philadelphia kicked the crap out of them in their backyard.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36698 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25