Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Colt's Game Performance

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #31
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,717
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The way I saw it, that was on Hagans. The throw was high but an NFL receiver should make that catch.
Interesting thing on that is if it had been Thomas or Kelly in that spot, both of who are 4-6 inches taller, that throw would have been right on the money.

Time will tell, but I am starting to think this game will fade into dark very quickly, and the team will be better from it.
(credits to 53Fan for my overcoming the post game malaise)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Time will tell, but I am starting to think this game will fade into dark very quickly, and the team will be better from it.
(credits to 53Fan for my overcoming the post game malaise)
That's a way of thinking positive! Just remember, IT'S PRESEASON! Don't forget the Skins looked BADASS in the preseason when Spurrier was coach. How did that translate into the season??? (ugly!)
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
Camp Scrub
 
Westover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
Re: Colt's Game Performance

I like what Doc Walker had to say about Colt -that he wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield and take chances. Colt did fine under the circumstances with the pass rush he was under and other challenges. Colt I believe is the future for the Redskins - the starter for 2010.

This year is going to be difficult if the offensive line isn't able to make a lot more progress. I think we need to sign one of the free agents that are out there for more depth.
Westover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #34
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,022
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westover View Post
I like what Doc Walker had to say about Colt -that he wasn't afraid to throw the ball downfield and take chances. Colt did fine under the circumstances with the pass rush he was under and other challenges. Colt I believe is the future for the Redskins - the starter for 2010.
Well it is pretty easy to take chance in a preseason game against the opponent's third team defense. I think Colt has a lot to learn, and while I want him to succeed, hopefully we will not see him as a starter for a couple of years more for the good of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westover View Post
This year is going to be difficult if the offensive line isn't able to make a lot more progress. I think we need to sign one of the free agents that are out there for more depth.
While it is the first game of the preseason, in the two series against Baltimore's first team defense, the offensive line looked pretty good. I'd like to see more of them during the preseason before we decide to spend $$ on a lineman.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #35
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Interesting thing on that is if it had been Thomas or Kelly in that spot, both of who are 4-6 inches taller, that throw would have been right on the money.

Time will tell, but I am starting to think this game will fade into dark very quickly, and the team will be better from it.
(credits to 53Fan for my overcoming the post game malaise)
We can all IF this thing to death to make a case for our fav players.
IF the wr was taller he would have made the play for JC
IF the wr wasnt mugged by the db and had his head up to see the ball CB wouldnt have thrown a pick.
IF the TE on the seem route catches the ball he is off to the races.
IF our secondary was better we wouldnt have given up 100 yd games to THREE different QB's.

Fact is, the team as a whole has a long way to go. we were outplayed and outcoached.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #36
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
The way I saw it, that was on Hagans. The throw was high but an NFL receiver should make that catch.
2 sides there... a Hagans fan might say a NFL QB should be able to hit a wide open wr on the numbers.. just sayin.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #37
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Colt's Game Performance

A Hagans fan should also be looking at UFL season ticket prices.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #38
Special Teams
 
Rajmahal33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 478
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Collins beat Colt hands down!
If that Ravens CB had hands, Collins would have given up a pick 6 and you wouldn't be making such a vehement statement. Essentially they both threw bad passes but Collins had a LOT more time. I'm not saying Colt did well, but he did show mobility as well as pocket awareness (it's almost like he had an exit strategy every time the pocket collapsed) and is close to being the #2 guy IMO.

If JC goes down for any extended period of time, there won't be much of a salvaging season type effort. In that case I'd like to see what the younger guy can do, not a guy who has maybe 2 more seasons left in him.
__________________
McNasty FTW!
Rajmahal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
We can all IF this thing to death to make a case for our fav players.
IF the wr was taller he would have made the play for JC
IF the wr wasnt mugged by the db and had his head up to see the ball CB wouldnt have thrown a pick.
IF the TE on the seem route catches the ball he is off to the races.
IF our secondary was better we wouldnt have given up 100 yd games to THREE different QB's.

Fact is, the team as a whole has a long way to go. we were outplayed and outcoached.
Hard to be outcoached in the preseason when some guys are coaching to win and others are not, but somehow, I agree with you. The Ravens coaching staff just does an excellent job.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #40
Camp Scrub
 
The Trigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 30
Re: Colt's Game Performance

How do you outcoach someone in a game that has no meaning or matter whatsoever? I don't get it
The Trigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #41
Camp Scrub
 
cochise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 73
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Colt looked tentative. Try him out with the first string of lineman and receivers and see what he can do. Also, give Chase a chance. Agree with those who say our dept is suspect.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #42
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trigga View Post
How do you outcoach someone in a game that has no meaning or matter whatsoever? I don't get it
500 Plus yds of Offense while holding us under 200. They wanted it more,they didnt let off the pedal in the 4th qtr when the game was out of reach. They drove the ball down our throats on offense and blitzed the whole game on defense. This was a statement game for the new D Coordinator for the Ravens,and for Cam C on the Offense.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #43
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Colt's Game Performance

[QUOTE=CRedskinsRule;576056]Interesting thing on that is if it had been Thomas or Kelly in that spot, both of who are 4-6 inches taller, that throw would have been right on the money.

Time will tell, but I am starting to think this game will fade into dark very quickly, and the team will be better from it.
(credits to 53Fan for my overcoming the post game malaise)[/QUOTE

Our QB's had high throws.JC overthrew Hagans and CB overthrew the TE on the Seem route. They were bad throws,and to say if it was this guy instead of that guy it would have been there is not a good excuse at all.What,because we have DT and MK does this mean when Santana -short wr-is open and he gets overthrown the QB will say sorry man,im used to throwin to DT. Brady throws to Moss and Welker,2 wrs with very different statures. I never see him overthrow wes and say dang, i thought you were randy.
Lets just take off the JC and CB goggles, put down the Koolaid and say the wrs were open for big plays and the QB's didnt get it done. Hopefully they improve and are able to take advantage of those situations in the future when it counts.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #44
Special Teams
 
roth74va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 336
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
2 sides there... a Hagans fan might say a NFL QB should be able to hit a wide open wr on the numbers.. just sayin.
If the ball hits an NFL receiver in the hands, he should catch the ball IMO, Hagans will soon be looking for another job.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #45
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Colt's Game Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth74va View Post
If the ball hits an NFL receiver in the hands, he should catch the ball IMO, Hagans will soon be looking for another job.
An NFL QB should be able to hit a wide open wr dead in the numbers. We can do this all day. You Cant just put it all on the WR.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28854 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25