Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,910
Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

D.C. Sports Bog - Vinny Cerrato Helps 53-Man Roster Guessers

A couple things of note from the article:
* He said "there's a good chance" of the team keeping a fifth running back. His radio voice made it seem like a very good chance.

"I would say that's probably, there's a good chance of that," he said. "Because what you want to do Kevin, it'll probably be 25 on offense, 25 on defense and three specialists. So it's just how you want to divide your numbers.


I think that indicates that Mason and/or Aldridge will make the team. Lots of buzz out of Redskins Park that he's very high on Aldridge.

* He was fairly definitive when asked if he thought the team would add an offensive lineman after other teams make cuts.

"No, no," was his exact response. "And I think this, I think with the Montgomerys and Rineharts and Mike Williams and Bridges and stuff, I think you've got experienced guys there that'll, I think, be productive."

Congratulations, Mike Williams. Welcome back to the NFL.


Pretty clear he was making the team anyways but this basically makes it official.

Actually this was the best quote, from Cerrato, when asked what Denver is asking for Brandon Marshall.

"I don't have the faintest idea," Cerrato said. "We like our locker room."


Maybe he's not a freaking idiot after all!
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

If there is a 5th back I'm betting it's Aldridge
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Really, you guys don't think Mason will make it. Or are you including Mason?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
D.C. Sports Bog - Vinny Cerrato Helps 53-Man Roster Guessers

A couple things of note from the article:
* He said "there's a good chance" of the team keeping a fifth running back. His radio voice made it seem like a very good chance.

"I would say that's probably, there's a good chance of that," he said. "Because what you want to do Kevin, it'll probably be 25 on offense, 25 on defense and three specialists. So it's just how you want to divide your numbers.


I think that indicates that Mason and/or Aldridge will make the team. Lots of buzz out of Redskins Park that he's very high on Aldridge.

* He was fairly definitive when asked if he thought the team would add an offensive lineman after other teams make cuts.

"No, no," was his exact response. "And I think this, I think with the Montgomerys and Rineharts and Mike Williams and Bridges and stuff, I think you've got experienced guys there that'll, I think, be productive."

Congratulations, Mike Williams. Welcome back to the NFL.


Pretty clear he was making the team anyways but this basically makes it official.

Actually this was the best quote, from Cerrato, when asked what Denver is asking for Brandon Marshall.

"I don't have the faintest idea," Cerrato said. "We like our locker room."


Maybe he's not a freaking idiot after all!

"I don't have the faintest idea,"

Good...I think we've all seen enough potential out of our WR corps this off-season to give it a season to see how good it can become. It isn't the wasteland we thought it might be.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,917
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
If there is a 5th back I'm betting it's Aldridge
Who else would it be?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 752
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Who else would it be?
Dorsey, but very unlikely. My assumption is you are looking at Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Mason, and Aldridge. 5 running backs seem alot to me, especially if Mason does not play special teams.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Dorsey, but very unlikely. My assumption is you are looking at Portis, Betts, Cartwright, Mason, and Aldridge. 5 running backs seem alot to me, especially if Mason does not play special teams.
Do the fullbacks count? I'm not sure about the math here? If he says we're keeping 5 backs, I'm thinking CP, LB, Rock, Sellers, and then Mason or Aldridge?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Who else would it be?
Jessica Simpson?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

I liked what i say from Aldridge. He's fast and we need fast.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,663
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Do the fullbacks count? I'm not sure about the math here? If he says we're keeping 5 backs, I'm thinking CP, LB, Rock, Sellers, and then Mason or Aldridge?



I think you are right here on your assumption. 5 back including the fullBACK. The rookie full back will be on our ps, unless he is picked up. My thought, although i really like mason, is aldrige will be the fifth.
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Weird. 5 backs is a lot...almost like Vinny expects injuries among that group. It also says Rock is likely a sure thing, which should help out special teams but doesn't do much of anything on offense.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

For one of the few times I agree with Vinny. I want Alridge on this team badly. He is the type of change of pace back they need. Betts is just a less talented version of Portis in my mind. Alridge can really bring something we don't have I think.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
D.C. Sports Bog - Vinny Cerrato Helps 53-Man Roster Guessers

A couple things of note from the article:
* He said "there's a good chance" of the team keeping a fifth running back. His radio voice made it seem like a very good chance.

"I would say that's probably, there's a good chance of that," he said. "Because what you want to do Kevin, it'll probably be 25 on offense, 25 on defense and three specialists. So it's just how you want to divide your numbers.


I think that indicates that Mason and/or Aldridge will make the team. Lots of buzz out of Redskins Park that he's very high on Aldridge.

* He was fairly definitive when asked if he thought the team would add an offensive lineman after other teams make cuts.

"No, no," was his exact response. "And I think this, I think with the Montgomerys and Rineharts and Mike Williams and Bridges and stuff, I think you've got experienced guys there that'll, I think, be productive."

Congratulations, Mike Williams. Welcome back to the NFL.


Pretty clear he was making the team anyways but this basically makes it official.

Actually this was the best quote, from Cerrato, when asked what Denver is asking for Brandon Marshall.

"I don't have the faintest idea," Cerrato said. "We like our locker room."


Maybe he's not a freaking idiot after all!

Let's not get crazy now...

I'd personally would like Zorn having final say over cuts but from the sound of it Cerrato seems to be involved more than I thought he'd be.

Cerrato may make it sound like he wouldn't want Marshall but the Skins can't make a play for him based on their salary cap and not their desires for a big time wideout. I highly doubt this front office would shrug off the big name talent like that on the basis of their discipline.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,387
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

also from the article:
Quote:
* He seemed highly skeptical of the prospect of keeping six wideouts.

"I wouldn't think that," he said. "Right now I would say I don't think we would end up with six, just because we have a lot of other things. What you want to do is keep your 25 best players that give you a chance to win on Sundays. And the thing with the guys that are gonna be say the 23rd, 24th, 25th guys on offense or defense, they've got to be outstanding on special teams. And that's gonna be the thing. Those guys that are the 5th receiver, the 4th, 5th running back, they all have to be able to help on special teams."
That seems to be a strong statement. And one that doesn't help Mason's case, and almost seems like Marko is #4 and DT is fighting for # 5 with his ST play. Saturday will be interesting.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Vinny tips his hand on the final 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
For one of the few times I agree with Vinny. I want Alridge on this team badly. He is the type of change of pace back they need. Betts is just a less talented version of Portis in my mind. Alridge can really bring something we don't have I think.
I agree. If it's speed they want, Alridge is the man. I really think he could be a great addition to this offense. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30338 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25