Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Offensive Line and Depth

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #46
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Heyer is an upgrade over Jansen.
Dockery is an upgrade over Kendall
Rienhart is a much better player that has shown he can start for Thomas
Thomas is much healthier, than he has been in a while.
Mike Williams still has a ways to go, but I think he will be a great back up for us.
Montgomery looks like a big improvement over Giesinger.
ED Williams looks like he would be a better option this year then Rienhart was last year.
Batiste looks like they just got very confused, I would rather have Fabini, or Brigdes.

All, in all, I think we are much improved.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #47
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 41
Posts: 274
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Eight-year veteran offensive tackle Langston Walker just got released by Buffallo....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #48
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 41
Posts: 274
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Cardinals released OL Elton Brown and sigened Jeremy Bridges!!!! What was the FO thinking.....
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #49
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,042
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Cardinals released OL Elton Brown and sigened Jeremy Bridges!!!! What was the FO thinking.....
I think the FO was thinking this:
1) Bridges is a fine guard but struggled as a tackle and we need a tackle
2) what Bridges would give us is only marginally better than what we would get from our younger guys and we need to give the younger guys playing time
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #50
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,854
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Heyer is an upgrade over Jansen.
Dockery is an upgrade over Kendall
Rienhart is a much better player that has shown he can start for Thomas
Thomas is much healthier, than he has been in a while.
Mike Williams still has a ways to go, but I think he will be a great back up for us.
Montgomery looks like a big improvement over Giesinger.
ED Williams looks like he would be a better option this year then Rienhart was last year.
Batiste looks like they just got very confused, I would rather have Fabini, or Brigdes.

All, in all, I think we are much improved.
Is Heyer an improvement over Jansen in his prime? Maybe, the jury is out on that one. As for Rhinehart, Thomas in his prime was a damn good guard - maybe Rhinehart will be as good as Thomas and that would be fine. Montgomery seems to me to be about the same as Rabach - maybe. Again, Kendall was a damn good guard for us, Dockery may be as good but I don't think he is an upgrade except that he is younger.

Obviously, these guys are upgrades over the players on the wrong side of 30, but are they as good as the guys they are replacing when those guys were playing well? At his best Jansen was borderline pro-bowl, same for Thomas - I just don't see that in the future of either Heyer, Rhinehart or Dockery. As for the back up depth, I see your point. I think this year's backup's are an upgrade over last year's, but, really, is that saying very much?
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #51
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,854
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I think the FO was thinking this:
1) Bridges is a fine guard but struggled as a tackle and we need a tackle
2) what Bridges would give us is only marginally better than what we would get from our younger guys and we need to give the younger guys playing time
I think that is spot on.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
ChickenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario,Ca
Age: 41
Posts: 274
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I think the FO was thinking this:
1) Bridges is a fine guard but struggled as a tackle and we need a tackle
2) what Bridges would give us is only marginally better than what we would get from our younger guys and we need to give the younger guys playing time
Im just wondering how many sack does that equate to? Bridges has been a starter and seen live bullets, the only BU we have with experience at tackle is 4yrs from playing a snap!!!!Young is all good but, experience is priceless...
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #53
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Is Heyer an improvement over Jansen in his prime? Maybe, the jury is out on that one. As for Rhinehart, Thomas in his prime was a damn good guard - maybe Rhinehart will be as good as Thomas and that would be fine. Montgomery seems to me to be about the same as Rabach - maybe. Again, Kendall was a damn good guard for us, Dockery may be as good but I don't think he is an upgrade except that he is younger.

Obviously, these guys are upgrades over the players on the wrong side of 30, but are they as good as the guys they are replacing when those guys were playing well? At his best Jansen was borderline pro-bowl, same for Thomas - I just don't see that in the future of either Heyer, Rhinehart or Dockery. As for the back up depth, I see your point. I think this year's backup's are an upgrade over last year's, but, really, is that saying very much?
I was strictly speaking of last year. Jansen was a beast before he tore his Achilles tendon.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #54
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,042
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Im just wondering how many sack does that equate to? Bridges has been a starter and seen live bullets, the only BU we have with experience at tackle is 4yrs from playing a snap!!!!Young is all good but, experience is priceless...
Well, you are correct. We will witness the young bucks making mistakes for sure. But that is how they grow up. Otherwise we are an old and fragile OL like the Cowboys. The Cowboys have 5 geriatrics and nothing behind them on the OL. At least we have some promising young bucks.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #55
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,494
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well I have another name for anyone in who could say yay/nay. Bills just released Langston Walker. Money is always an issue, but if Dockery puts in a good word, who knows, he certainly seems to have some influence.
He looked awful when i saw them on NFL Network against the Lions. Please he is garbage.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,494
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenMonkey View Post
Cardinals released OL Elton Brown and sigened Jeremy Bridges!!!! What was the FO thinking.....
The Cards looked terrible in preseason and they went 9-7 last seaason. This team is not going to make the playoffs this year. Well I guess Elton Brown is not as good as Bridges. Didn't Elton Brown go to UVA?
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #57
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
He looked awful when i saw them on NFL Network against the Lions. Please he is garbage.
Yeah, people were all over me saying we should sign Brohm, because he was cut. They only kept two QBs and had another good young QB. This guy got cut from the worst Oline in football
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #58
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,042
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

They moved Walker to LT after they lost Peters. He's a much better RT.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Yeah, people were all over me saying we should sign Brohm, because he was cut. They only kept two QBs and had another good young QB. This guy got cut from the worst Oline in football
Not the same situation as Brohm at all.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,494
Re: Offensive Line and Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
They moved Walker to LT after they lost Peters. He's a much better RT.
We have Heyer there now, and Big Mike backing him up. Damn we could have the Bills entire line if we sign Langston Walker. Is that good? LOL. He better take the Vet minimum then.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27212 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25