Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #61
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Again, your right, because by the end of the year we will be ranked much higher. Look all kidding aside, the defense has played well enough for us to have won both games.
Except, of course, the Giants game.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #62
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I am happy with the D. Getting TOs, only allowed 1 offensive TD in each of our games...if they keep this up all year, they could save us until our offense figures itself out, which I believe will happen.

Our defense is the least of our worries.
I wouldn't say that, because last I checked we're still not getting all those sacks that we're supposed to be getting...
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #63
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I wouldn't say that, because last I checked we're still not getting all those sacks that we're supposed to be getting...
Our defense is still bend but don't break, and well while unfair, there are higher expectations of them given how much $$ the team has spent in the offseason. Look at the Giants D last nite, they basically kept NY in the game.

There is QB pressure and turnovers, but they need to be one of those factors that leads to Ws.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 AM   #64
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Indeed there is a correlation between what the two units do, as well as how they play on the field. That correlation was a topic of conversation which Blache was very much a part of when he was the defensive line coach, Greg Williams was DC, and Gibbs was the HC. Blaches' coaching philosophy is simular in many ways to that of Williams minus the creative blitzing. He does not beleive sack totals/or lack thereof should be a barometer for guaging the effectivness of a defense.

Between Gibbs, Williams, Blache and the secondary coaches the subject of how Gibbs wanted the defense to play based on his struggling offense was discussed. They arived at the conclusion that many of Williams' exotic blitz packages would be curtailed, mainly because Gibbs felt if the defense was repeatedly burned by the blitz (in an effort to make big plays/cause turnovers) they could dig a hole deeper than his offense could produce out of. Whatever ambivalence if any there may have been, did not prevent the defense from being effective. He was of the beleif that a vastly improved offense would reduce any sizeable onus on the defense, hence the hiring of Al Saunders.

Blache's defensive philosophy is sound and effective. He may not have all the parts he'd like to have to run some of the sets he would like, but sound nonetheless. There are times when he would like to be more aggressive, play more man and press coverages but his personnel dictate otherwise.
The fact that I want our defense to play better really has nothing to do with the offense trust me. That's the point I'm trying to make. I want the defense to play better regardless of how the offense is doing. To your point about Blache and sacks, you'll get no argument out of me, he really couldn't care less. At least everytime he's asked about the lack of sacks, that seems to be his stance. Maybe I should be using the word pressure since that is what I'm really getting at. I use the word sacks because you are definitely getting pressure on the QB if you get them and probably more turnovers as well. I find it interesting that our FO doesn't share his philosophy though. We trade 2 draft picks for Jason Taylor, give AH more money than any DT has ever gotten, and draft the best pass rushing DE in the draft with our first round pick. What do you suppose the purpose was here? We sure didn't get Taylor and Orakpo to stop the run. And Haynesworth, although very good against the run, was acquired more for his ability to collapse the pocket to help get pressure on the QB than anything else.

I find it hard to believe that any HC in the NFL, or college for that matter, would not want more sacks, turnovers, and 3 and outs by the defense if they could get them. That is what I'm asking for. To think that this defense cannot get any better than it already is......well..it sounds a little "out there" to me. And the fact that a HC doesn't want his defense to get repeatedly burned on blitzes is completely understandable. If that is what is happening on blitzes you're probably not doing it right. IMO they should have stopped Blache from blitzing last year, he certainly isn't any better than Greg Williams at it and there is certainly nothing creative about them. They aren't disguised and end in completions as often as not. We have a good defense and I'm not hating on Blache, but I will not apologize for wanting it to be better, and the offense has nothing to do with me wanting that.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"

Last edited by 53Fan; 09-22-2009 at 02:46 AM.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #65
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,879
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
The fact that I want our defense to play better really has nothing to do with the offense trust me. That's the point I'm trying to make. I want the defense to play better regardless of how the offense is doing. To your point about Blache and sacks, you'll get no argument out of me, he really couldn't care less. At least everytime he's asked about the lack of sacks, that seems to be his stance. Maybe I should be using the word pressure since that is what I'm really getting at. I use the word sacks because you are definitely getting pressure on the QB if you get them and probably more turnovers as well. I find it interesting that our FO doesn't share his philosophy though. We trade 2 draft picks for Jason Taylor, give AH more money than any DT has ever gotten, and draft the best pass rushing DE in the draft with our first round pick. What do you suppose the purpose was here? We sure didn't get Taylor and Orakpo to stop the run. And Haynesworth, although very good against the run, was acquired more for his ability to collapse the pocket to help get pressure on the QB than anything else.

I find it hard to believe that any HC in the NFL, or college for that matter, would not want more sacks, turnovers, and 3 and outs by the defense if they could get them. That is what I'm asking for. To think that this defense cannot get any better than it already is......well..it sounds a little "out there" to me. And the fact that a HC doesn't want his defense to get repeatedly burned on blitzes is completely understandable. If that is what is happening on blitzes you're probably not doing it right. IMO they should have stopped Blache from blitzing last year, he certainly isn't any better than Greg Williams at it and there is certainly nothing creative about them. They aren't disguised and end in completions as often as not. We have a good defense and I'm not hating on Blache, but I will not apologize for wanting it to be better, and the offense has nothing to do with me wanting that.
very well said.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #66
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
And the Eagles defense looked awesome today.
For all the people that thought it was no big deal when so many of us were up in arms about the absolutely stupid decision to cut Antonio Dixon. He got his first sack today and is part of their defensive line rotation. He has played in every game. This was the only good thing to come out of training camp and our dumb coaches cut him.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #67
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Really? Dixon was the only good thing to come out of training camp? And we're much worse off without Dixon?

Good for Dixon, but our D Line is just fine.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #68
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

^ +1
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #69
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Really? Dixon was the only good thing to come out of training camp? And we're much worse off without Dixon?

Good for Dixon, but our D Line is just fine.
Anthony Montgomery has been hurt all year, Griffin is at the end of his career, and what are we doing with Renaldo Wynn waiting for him to develop so he can be active. Ok, you are right he was the second best thing, Marko Mitchell was the first and he has yet to get on the field. Another dumb move. Tell me what came out of training, camp that was better?
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #70
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
For all the people that thought it was no big deal when so many of us were up in arms about the absolutely stupid decision to cut Antonio Dixon. He got his first sack today and is part of their defensive line rotation. He has played in every game. This was the only good thing to come out of training camp and our dumb coaches cut him.
Well, we would have to let someone else go if we decided to keep Dixon.. Although the spot for Anothony Montgomery could have been easily filled in by Dixon..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #71
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,525
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Well, we would have to let someone else go if we decided to keep Dixon.. Although the spot for Anothony Montgomery could have been easily filled in by Dixon..
Well i think Dixon had more upside then Monty & Wynn especially Wynn.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #72
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

I just realy pisses me off, that we let him go. We have had so few undrafted free agents that have been worth keeping. Those are the players that realy help a franchise succeed. It is how we built our teams of the eighties. It would be one less position to think about in our next draft.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

The guy had one sack (and what like 4 tackles all season) and we're up in arms about it? Really? Nevermind that we have Golston, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Griffin, Carter, Orakpo, heck even Chris Wilson can play the line. And maybe Carter or Griffin will be gone next year, or both. So what, Antonio Dixons are a dime a dozen. I guarantee we'll find another free agent, training camp hero defensive linemen next summer.

Really, of all the things to be upset about Dixon is not one of them. Like I said good for him, but losing him is irrelevant
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #74
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Really? Dixon was the only good thing to come out of training camp? And we're much worse off without Dixon?

Good for Dixon, but our D Line is just fine.
Yes, good point. Thats great for him.

But that is the least of the Redskins problems. If the Offense could just play half as well as the D, we would be in decent shape.

Most know it starts up front and with a smart/quick decision making QB. Something IMO we have neither.

On to the thread. As we move through this horrible season, it appears very clear to me this is the end of the line for Blache and more than likely the rest of the coaching staff.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #75
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,033
Re: Is Blache losing touch with reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The guy had one sack (and what like 4 tackles all season) and we're up in arms about it? Really? Nevermind that we have Golston, Jarmon, Haynesworth, Griffin, Carter, Orakpo, heck even Chris Wilson can play the line. And maybe Carter or Griffin will be gone next year, or both. So what, Antonio Dixons are a dime a dozen. I guarantee we'll find another free agent, training camp hero defensive linemen next summer.

Really, of all the things to be upset about Dixon is not one of them. Like I said good for him, but losing him is irrelevant
I see what you are saying, but I saw what i believe to be more than just a dime a dozen talent. The guy is a rookie. A team like the Eagles, have used him as part of thier rotation every game. We just payed a hundred million for a DT. You watch, he is more than another UDF. I watched him closely and he was a bull dozer coming through the middle on every play(in pre-season).
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37567 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25