Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who do you expect to see starting at right guard on Sunday?
Rinehart 95 76.61%
Montgomery 17 13.71%
Armstrong 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
What worries the hell out of me is why Chad Rhinehart is a healthy scratch two years after being a third round pick.
Because it has to be someone, and offensive lineman who aren't in the gameplan are the no-brainers of the inactives. Since you don't rotate at the position, there's going to be 2 OL inactives every week.

If I'm not mistaken, Thomas to IR would free up his base salary to be used on signing a guy like Jonas Jennings or Jon Runyan.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #47
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,800
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
What worries the hell out of me is why Chad Rhinehart is a healthy scratch two years after being a third round pick.
I hope it's because he only does one spot on the line, and when Montgomery and Williams cover all the spots then you just waste an active spot that Zorn wants to use for a WR or RB. I hope he will be the starting RG next week and will step up as is expected of him.

That's what I hope
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #48
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

We have Chad Reinhart, Mike Williams, and Edwin Williams. Edwin is listed as a Center but I thought I read he also played Guard. I guess the next few day will tell if they trust Reinhart or not. If they don't they will go out and pick up another Guard.

I would think they would use MW only cause I think he did well at Guard unless Chad realy is better then some of us expect and steps in and shines, which I and most of you would have to hope for only cause anyone we bring in is going to have a learning curve.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

This latest injury to Thomas is indicitive of just why we were all camoring for the FO to draft young linemen capable of being developed. Hopefully we'll soon come to the realization that while O-linemen may not be as marketable as the skilled players, they are the cornerstones of any football team. It's not likely Thomas will play again for the Redskins if indeed he is lost for the season.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #50
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This latest injury to Thomas is indicitive of just why we were all camoring for the FO to draft young linemen capable of being developed. Hopefully we'll soon come to the realization that while O-linemen may not be as marketable as the skilled players, they are the cornerstones of any football team. It's not likely Thomas will play again for the Redskins if indeed he is lost for the season.
Well, that's what Rinehart is, so I mean, we will see. If he gets it done, the FO was prepared, if he doesn't they weren't prepared enough.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,596
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This latest injury to Thomas is indicitive of just why we were all camoring for the FO to draft young linemen capable of being developed. Hopefully we'll soon come to the realization that while O-linemen may not be as marketable as the skilled players, they are the cornerstones of any football team. It's not likely Thomas will play again for the Redskins if indeed he is lost for the season.
Can you say Alex Mack? He would have been an excellent addition.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, that's what Rinehart is, so I mean, we will see. If he gets it done, the FO was prepared, if he doesn't they weren't prepared enough.

Rinehart was a rave the day he was drafted, seemingly after he arived at Redskin Park opinions seemed to change. We shall see. Plus, he's just one player, with age, coupled with other problems along the line, we need to draft more than just one lineman in next years draft.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #53
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Every time I here this crap about how if we sustain an injury, we wont be prepared I get pissed off. Name one team in the NFL that can afford to lose there LT. We will be fine. Rinehart will be the starter. Montgomery was active because he plays center and guard in a pinch, like this game. They are as prepared as they could be, they kept 10 Olinemen. What more do you want. Rinehart is young, has a year under his belt and is ready to show us why he was drafted third. If he sucks they will cut him and sign someone else for god sakes. No team, has a team full of second string starters. Last year we had injuries to our RT,RG,LT, what did you expect.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #54
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Every time I here this crap about how if we sustain an injury, we wont be prepared I get pissed off. Name one team in the NFL that can afford to lose there LT. We will be fine. Rinehart will be the starter. Montgomery was active because he plays center and guard in a pinch, like this game. They are as prepared as they could be, they kept 10 Olinemen. What more do you want. Rinehart is young, has a year under his belt and is ready to show us why he was drafted third. If he sucks they will cut him and sign someone else for god sakes. No team, has a team full of second string starters. Last year we had injuries to our RT,RG,LT, what did you expect.

This team needs to improve on the O-line, plain & simple.......No excuses.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #55
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This team needs to improve on the O-line, plain & simple.......No excuses.
So far they have given up 3 sacks, not bad.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #56
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

From Buges assessment I'd say Chad is the likely replacement...he was inactive today cuz the Montgomery kid can play center/guard. Chad should be alright overall but there are too things to keep in mind: 1) he sporadically misses big assignments and lets a dlineman or blitzing LB through clean so the risk of a big injury on JC just went up a bit and 2) last year when he struggled in practice he just went into a tailspin of sorts (i remember it from a few articles). Let's hope he's got the mental game down better. We really, really need a brawler on that side...so bad. Rinehart was a freak in college...he mauled more defenders to the ground than any other LT his senior year (i remember reading this). To me that indicates a mean streak...with any luck he digs down and finds that nasty bastard inside himself and we see the oline gain some swagger
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #57
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Rinehart was a rave the day he was drafted, seemingly after he arived at Redskin Park opinions seemed to change. We shall see. Plus, he's just one player, with age, coupled with other problems along the line, we need to draft more than just one lineman in next years draft.
Certainly, I agree.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
So far they have given up 3 sacks, not bad.

Sacks allowed is just a portion of playing effectively on the O-line. If that was all there is to it, one could say they're a very good O-line, but you and I both know that is far from being acurate.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #59
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,419
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Every time I here this crap about how if we sustain an injury, we wont be prepared I get pissed off. Name one team in the NFL that can afford to lose there LT. We will be fine. Rinehart will be the starter. Montgomery was active because he plays center and guard in a pinch, like this game. They are as prepared as they could be, they kept 10 Olinemen. What more do you want. Rinehart is young, has a year under his belt and is ready to show us why he was drafted third. If he sucks they will cut him and sign someone else for god sakes. No team, has a team full of second string starters. Last year we had injuries to our RT,RG,LT, what did you expect.
I hear you . Not to rain on your party , but The 2005 Steelers lost G's Faneca , Simmons , C) Hartings , Wr R. EL , Te , Tuman and RD Bettis ,, and repeated in 08 . It is still early in our season , but lets be honest , our offense has been very poor in scoring the last 4-5 years and we seem to bring in WR's / Fb's and TE's , the only constant is OL and QB . We are avg. 1 off / Td per game our last 10 games ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #60
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,030
Re: Offensive line depth (R. Thomas' injury)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Sacks allowed is just a portion of playing effectively on the O-line. If that was all there is to it, one could say they're a very good O-line, but you and I both know that is far from being accurate.
In my mind our O-line is vastly improved this year. I think Dockery is as good as picking a guard in the first round. Mike Williams will only get better every day, he stays in shape. Last year the Ravens with all there great drafting had to turn to an old man, with a monster beer belly, that was on his couch watching football to play RT. It happens, injuries cannot be prevented. Rinehart will step in next week and play great. He showed that he is capable of that in the preseason. If that does not work, we will put in Batiste. If that fails, there are plenty of guys out there that could fill in.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30238 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25