Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Potential Epic Fail

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #91
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What? You asked me to delete it didn't you? I guess I should have asked why

Oh my bad. I just thought you deleted it being mean. I took a lot of time to write that sorry. I see your point when I was being to general. But honestly. I wanted us fans to have a voice. That didn't include curse words and other unnecessary language. Just was responding to the players not understanding why we boo'd them. My fault buddy. dag it took me a while to write it and edit it. That's my fault. I told you to delete it if you thought it was inappropriate for the forum. I just think we need to motivate them at times (since the coach doesn't) and let them know how much this team means to us. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

OOPS
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2009, 02:19 AM   #92
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Oh my bad. I just thought you deleted it being mean. I took a lot of time to write that sorry. I see your point when I was being to general. But honestly. I wanted us fans to ahve a voice. That didn't include curse words and other unnecessary language. Just was responding to the players not understanding why we boo'd them. My fault buddy. dag it took me a whiel to read it and edit it. That's my fault. I told you to delete it if you thought it was inappropriate for the blog.

OOPS
Just because I disagreed with a lot of what you wrote didn't mean I was going to delete to be mean. You asked me to delete it so I did. Next time...save it in a Word document first
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #93
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Just because I disagreed with a lot of what you wrote didn't mean I was going to delete to be mean. You asked me to delete it so I did. Next time...save it in a Word document first
Agreed.

And yes I do get very depressed when we lose. But only for a day..LMAO. I love my skins that much. But I have friends that are Eagles NY and Cowgirls fans. So I go through it all week. Have to turn my phone off on Sundays and everything. LMAO


ps. I love my skins so much. That there was a thunderstorm that year of the Superbowl against the Broncos and the power went out. I was young. Can't remember how young. But I pulled out my lil boom box with my D batteries and blasted it so all the neighbors could hear the game. So I am diehard since day one. Love my Skins.

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:36 AM   #94
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,133
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Oh my bad. I just thought you deleted it being mean. I took a lot of time to write that sorry. I see your point when I was being to general. But honestly. I wanted us fans to have a voice. That didn't include curse words and other unnecessary language. Just was responding to the players not understanding why we boo'd them. My fault buddy. dag it took me a while to write it and edit it. That's my fault. I told you to delete it if you thought it was inappropriate for the forum. I just think we need to motivate them at times (since the coach doesn't) and let them know how much this team means to us. Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

OOPS
Hey DMV I read your post and I thought it summed up how most of us real fans feel about the Redskins. Some of us eat sleep and breathe Redskins football. It wasn't disrepectful it was heart felt and the players need to see how loyal and passionate we are about the Redskins. Good Post.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:39 AM   #95
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
A few thoughts on this

- A big reason why Cowher ran the 3-4 defense in Pittsburgh is because he entrusted the defense when he started to Dick Lebeau (and to a lesser extent Dom Capers) a huge proponent of the 3-4. But Cowher has said that he's not married to the 3-4 defense and wouldn't use it if the talent was there for a 4-3

- One of the "knocks" against Cowher has been that he really didn't do anything as an X and Os guy on game day, that he left the offense up to Bruce Arians/Whisenhunt etc. and the defense to Lebeau and whoever else was the DC. To that end, I would suspect that if he became the head coach his role would be more of a Joe Gibbs than a Jim Zorn

- Are you saying you don't want to wait 15 years for a Super Bowl? Because really Cowher's record during that 15 year span is pretty solid.

- Why is it a problem for VC to continue to make personnel decisions? Is that just the popular thing to say? Talent wise, I think he's putting a pretty solid team together. Of course, there are still some question marks. But really those can't be answered until they get opportunities. So, of course, the issue is whose fault is it they are not getting the opportunities. You can, however, make the argument that if Zorn isn't capable of succeeding and is fired then Cerrato should go with him. Because if Cerrato who told Snyder that Zorn was the guy (and not Fassel, for example) and that Snyder should put his faith in Zorn.
if it comes down to Shananan or Cowher (the popular choics), I can think of good reasons for both and neither.
Vinnie takes a lot of flack from people who don't really understand his job, sure, but at some point don't you have to win something? I mean, it's a bottom line league.  He's put a team together that is clearly talented in ways but lacks depth and balance in others. As this season progresses, if none of the 08 second rounders step up, if the offensive line continues to whither, if Deangelo Hall continues to look like a 60 million dollar liability, and if the team continues to swim around the 500 mark, how can one continue to defend the guy? I mean, we've been on the three year plan for almost 10 years now. Maybe it's not completely fair but who else in football gets to underperform and keep their job in perpetuity?
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 AM   #96
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Hey DMV I read your post and I thought it summed up how most of us real fans feel about the Redskins. Some of us eat sleep and breathe Redskins football. It wasn't disrepectful it was heart felt and the players need to see how loyal and passionate we are about the Redskins. Good Post.
Thanks. I am so die hard man. It actually hurts when they lose. But I try not to be too critical. But I feel like a lot of fans are fed up. Some may express it in the wrong way. But I just want to see my team do good. That's how passionate I am as all fans should be. One thing I love about "diehard" skins fan is that we know our football on some level and we are good at expressing our disatisfaction. Some people have players on a very short rope. But I give them a chance. But whether it is coaching, FO or players. They need to be held accountable. They need to know how we feel and we have put up with a lot. Saying that. I love my skins and always will!!!

HTTR!!
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #97
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,658
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Thanks. I am so die hard man. It actually hurts when they lose. But I try not to be too critical. But I feel like a lot of fans are fed up. Some may express it in the wrong way. But I just want to see my team do good. That's how passionate I am as all fans should be. One thing I love about "diehard" skins fan is that we know our football on some level and we are good at expressing our disatisfaction. Some people have players on a very short rope. But I give them a chance. But whether it is coaching, FO or players. They need to be held accountable. They need to know how we feel and we have put up with a lot. Saying that. I love my skins and always will!!!

HTTR!!

I like the Skins but to say love is a bit much IMO, I save love for my family. I use to live and die Redskins when I was a tennager and a 20 something but now there is just too much more important stuff in my life to waste my time on the Skins, espically this Skins team.

Sunday I watched the 1st quarter then the 4th quarter, no way was I giving up an entire beutiful Sunday afternoon with my son to this team and the only reason I watched the 4th was because my son took a nap.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #98
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I don't see why it's very likely we'll loose. Stafford has been pretty bad, I can't see them putting up more than 10 points. As for our offense...


And.................. That wouldnt be enough for them to pull out a W?
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
BleedBurgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,469
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I like the Skins but to say love is a bit much IMO, I save love for my family. I use to live and die Redskins when I was a tennager and a 20 something but now there is just too much more important stuff in my life to waste my time on the Skins, espically this Skins team.

Sunday I watched the 1st quarter then the 4th quarter, no way was I giving up an entire beutiful Sunday afternoon with my son to this team and the only reason I watched the 4th was because my son took a nap.
I'm definitely getting to this point. I was going to buy Sunday Ticket this year and then thought about it... there's usually 5 weeks out of the year that I don't get the skins on the local channels... So am I willing to pay $80/game just to be disappointed again and again? No thanks.
__________________
"All natural institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #100
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
We lose to the Lions, its gonna get ugly.
i mean this is a team that is winless in its last 18 games with a rookie QB. Out defense will eat them up, double megatron. Skins will win. If we don't, I think the Zorn will have a tough time recovering. Even at 5-1, we saw that show last year, and the ending sucked.
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #101
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I'm definitely getting to this point. I was going to buy Sunday Ticket this year and then thought about it... there's usually 5 weeks out of the year that I don't get the skins on the local channels... So am I willing to pay $80/game just to be disappointed again and again? No thanks.
The exact same reason I didnt get sunday ticket this year.

Its too expensive to pay to be letdown every week.

One can always hope that next year it'll change, but as far as i can tell, this head coaching thing just isnt cut out for zorn, he needs to go back to giving qbs tips and stay completely away from any decision making or clock management. Until he gets canned, it pains me to say this, but get ready for a big season stocked full of mediocrity from talented players.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #102
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Potential Epic Fail

I got Sunday Ticket just so i can find another game to watch when the Skins start pi$$in me off.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #103
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Vinnie takes a lot of flack from people who don't really understand his job, sure, but at some point don't you have to win something? I mean, it's a bottom line league.  He's put a team together that is clearly talented in ways but lacks depth and balance in others. As this season progresses, if none of the 08 second rounders step up, if the offensive line continues to whither, if Deangelo Hall continues to look like a 60 million dollar liability, and if the team continues to swim around the 500 mark, how can one continue to defend the guy? I mean, we've been on the three year plan for almost 10 years now. Maybe it's not completely fair but who else in football gets to underperform and keep their job in perpetuity?
Someone who is getting paid to act as GM on behalf of the owner.

With Vinny here I just can't believe that Snyder doesn't have his hand on the roster.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #104
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,635
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Vinnie takes a lot of flack from people who don't really understand his job, sure, but at some point don't you have to win something? I mean, it's a bottom line league.  He's put a team together that is clearly talented in ways but lacks depth and balance in others. As this season progresses, if none of the 08 second rounders step up, if the offensive line continues to whither, if Deangelo Hall continues to look like a 60 million dollar liability, and if the team continues to swim around the 500 mark, how can one continue to defend the guy? I mean, we've been on the three year plan for almost 10 years now. Maybe it's not completely fair but who else in football gets to underperform and keep their job in perpetuity?
Fair points. The reality is only recently has Vinny been given final authority that he didn't have when Spurrier, Schottenheimer, and Gibbs were here. There have been some very questionable moves that I would confidently say would not have been made had Vinny had the final say. The role of the "General Manager" "VP of Player Personnel" whatever you want to call it is somewhat nebulous. I mean, on the one hand kudos to Vinny for selecting Marko Mitchell in the 7th round but it really could be argued that's more a testament to good scouting (but then again kudos to Vinny for putting the scouting team together)

I have stated before, and continue to believe, that within the next couple of years Cerrato's responsibilities will shift to more the business side of the team than the football operations. And I think that's the right call. I think he's done a good, not great job.

My concern is that I don't know what the better alternative is. I think any of the four most mentioned candidates are going to want full control. But Holmgren already showed once he couldn't handle both jobs and was relieved of the responsibility, Shanahan should have been, Gruden and Allen clashed a lot in Tampa. Cowher is really the only one who hasn't been tested yet in that dual role. I'm sure a lot of fans though would simply rest easier if Cerrato isn't there. Not based on any actual reason, just because they don't want him around.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #105
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,029
Re: Potential Epic Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Look more closely. AH brings the heavy heat every time. He sucks up Olinemen like a dustbuster. Griff is benefiting from not seeing double-teams for the first time in years.
I watched the game again and realized that AH was getting the double team so that Griffin could draw single teams. I guess i was just looking at no sacks, but you are right he had a good game.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33597 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25