Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #121
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Ya know, you have had some good posts since then, but you are still being a dimwit about this. (i didn't call you it then, but am now). Everyone at that point was talking about what would occur at the end of pre-season. and you were proven wrong. Now after an injury AA is brought back. If the Skins end up trading Betts/Cartwright or outright releasing them then you still were wrong in that past thread, because the team didn't keep him at the end of the post season. You will forever be wrong in that past thread.

Now if you want to go forward, and talk about whether we should keep 3, 4, or 5 running backs on the 53 man roster, that would be a reasonable discussion. And if i understand the rules, we have to keep AA on our roster for the next 3 weeks at the minimum, so he won't be off anytime soon.
First of all. It wasn't a injury to a RB. So if they re-signed Alrdige to the team its very telling. Read the writing on the wall. This is idiotic. My post was not soley about him making the 53 man roster. It was about who was the better RB. Who can contribute to our team. Who "should" have made the team. But he didn't. But he got re-signed. So if they do trade betts or rock my point is proven. We keep some on our roster because people are comfortable with them and they are a vet. Not because they are the better player. There are politics involved sports too.

That's been my point also. Why keep 5 rbs? When two are age 30 and are not producing. One doesn't even carry the ball and is a marginal to slightly above average kick returner. You talking abotu me making no sense. Whether they keep him now or when they made the cuts. If Betts/Rock get release or traded. It will end up proving my point rather than not. The title might have been the final 53 as far as the thread goes. But your diddling around the true topic of discussion. Who is the better back. Why is Alridge brought on board if our RBs are producing?

I will be forever wrong on the other thread? No you just think you are right all the time. The title of the thread maybe have been the 53 man roster. But we were debating which of these RBs can contribute the most and how should go. Mason made the team. You said he wouldn't. Aldridge is on the team again. So your point is???? Your holding on to irrelevant details just to prove an irrelevant point at this juncture.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #122
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 48
Posts: 13,185
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

or you are just dim, and have a little wit
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #123
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
or you are just dim, and have a little wit
Are you a squirrel? Because you seem to stay on my n--s!!
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 36
Posts: 3,503
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

I think a vacation is in order.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #125
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
I think a vacation is in order.
good take one.

Debate is cool. But when you try to be an ass. What do you expect to come out of it?

Debate my points don't call me a dimwit or making corny remarks. When in the end it makes you a dimwit because you can't even come back with a intelligent reply.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #126
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 36
Posts: 3,503
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
good take one.
I am reminded of your first post here. I should say that I am not surprised at what happened at ES. Its gonna happen here too IMO.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #127
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: close to the edge
Posts: 4,044
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

im alil confused on this move to bring AA on. so now we have CP, LB, MM, RC and AA as running backs? really the rock is just a kickoff returner and SP tackler so i guess we have 4 now but im still alil confused.

its really no big deal to me as i dont see AA or anyone we would have brought in would see any playing time except very spot duty stuff.

but still, 5 rbs on our 53 man roster? this might be the first time i can remember the skins carrying so many rbs.

go skins!!

ps - for the record i would have liked to have scene marcus washington, maybe jon runyan but for some reason vinny left me out of the loop on this one.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #128
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
I am reminded of your first post here. I should say that I am not surprised at what happened at ES. Its gonna happen here too IMO.

Didn't ask if you're surprised. Didn't ask for your opinion. Yeah it was about ROCK. Go figure. If I am put off of this board for stating my opinion and defending myself. Then that means this is truly not a fan board. It will be a board where everyone has the same opinion. If that is the case. Which would also be a boring board. What is the point of having the board? You can agree with me or not agree with me. I will give you kudos if you make points. When I am wrong I will say so. But one thing you can't question is my love for the Redskins!!

So I am never disrespectful to people unless they are disrespectful to me. Only because they don't agree with my opinion. This is America. Not communist China. Unless free speech doesn't apply on this board.

As far as ES. I still hold my same opinion that Rock is expendable. That's why I got kicked off and because I got disrespected an insulted and came back at that person instead of bowing down.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #129
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
im alil confused on this move to bring AA on. so now we have CP, LB, MM, RC and AA as running backs? really the rock is just a kickoff returner and SP tackler so i guess we have 4 now but im still alil confused.

its really no big deal to me as i dont see AA or anyone we would have brought in would see any playing time except very spot duty stuff.

but still, 5 rbs on our 53 man roster? this might be the first time i can remember the skins carrying so many rbs.

go skins!!

ps - for the record i would have liked to have scene marcus washington, maybe jon runyan but for some reason vinny left me out of the loop on this one.

I dont get it either dude. I am just thinking one of our other RBs are going to get traded or cut. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

Yeah I wish they would have brought back Marcus Washington "if" he could stay healthy. But that is the issue. That would have allowed us to use Orakpo more at DE. He was one of my favorites as well as Shawn Springs. But as a Redskins fan. I know that them being healthy was an issue. So it didn't suprise me and I didn't get up in arms about it eventhough they were 2 players that I liked.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #130
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,381
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
So I am never disrespectful to people unless they are disrespectful to me. Only because they don't agree with my opinion. This is America. Not communist China. Unless free speech doesn't apply on this board.
Just a quick note - "free speech" does not exist on this board. It's called moderated speech b/c the board has moderators. You want free speech? find a park bench.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #131
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Just a quick note - "free speech" does not exist on this board. It's called moderated speech b/c the board has moderators. You want free speech? find a park bench.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.
You are just anal. That's my pet peeve. The sad thing is you don't even know it.

Yes. How about freedom of opinion anal one? If I am saying some racist things, calling women out of there names, cursing like the guy on the cooley blog, or things of that nature fine.

But I think you know what I mean by freedom of speech. I am not offending anyone who is no offending me. I don't disrespect people because of their opinions. That's the issue. If we all had the same opinions why would we need this board? It would be very boring here because we would have nothing to debate.

As far as the finding a park bench. Maybe you should. You seem like a grumpy old man.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 36
Posts: 3,503
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Last I checked Rock does not see much time at running back and is our return guy which if we let him go for Mason or Alridge it a hugh mistake. Rock is the one guy we can count on to almost always get us out to the 25 or 30 yard line on his returns. He will also break one from time to time and he does not turn the ball over.
This is HUGE. Alridge had fumbling problems. Rock may not be flashy but he is very dependable with his ball security.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #133
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 52
Posts: 9,381
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
You are just anal. That's my pet peeve. The sad thing is you don't even know it.

Yes. How about freedom of opinion anal one? If I am saying some racist things, calling women out of there names, cursing like the guy on the cooley blog, or things of that nature fine.

But I think you know what I mean by freedom of speech. I am not offending anyone who is no offending me. I don't disrespect people because of their opinions. That's the issue. If we all had the same opinions why would we need this board? It would be very boring here because we would have nothing to debate.

As far as the finding a park bench. Maybe you should. You seem like a grumpy old man.
Whoa dude. No need to go ballistic. I was just pointing out a fact. A fact which many have ignored and, by doing so, has caused many to be banned. Very simply, it is not your call if you are being offensive, it's the moderators. Thus, a "moderated board". They could ban you today for no other reason than they don't like your grammar.

I would suggest that, having read your posts, you have a low threshold as to what you consider someone being "disrespectful" to you. And just so you know, I am neither anal nor grumpy. You want to differ in opinions fine. But your whole AA threads/posts have been in the nature of "nyah nyah I was right and you were wrong." So if the responses have been less than "respectful", it would appear that is b/c the initial posts did not exactly demand "respectful" responses.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #134
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,148
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Whoa dude. No need to go ballistic. I was just pointing out a fact. A fact which many have ignored and, by doing so, has caused many to be banned. Very simply, it is not your call if you are being offensive, it's the moderators. Thus, a "moderated board". They could ban you today for no other reason than they don't like your grammar.

I would suggest that, having read your posts, you have a low threshold as to what you consider someone being "disrespectful" to you. And just so you know, I am neither anal nor grumpy. You want to differ in opinions fine. But your whole AA threads/posts have been in the nature of "nyah nyah I was right and you were wrong." So if the responses have been less than "respectful", it would appear that is b/c the initial posts did not exactly demand "respectful" responses.
LOL. You think?

http://www.thewarpath.net/593339-post96.html (Potential Epic Fail)

http://www.thewarpath.net/593340-post97.html (Potential Epic Fail)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #135
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Welcome back Anthony Alridge.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
You are just anal. That's my pet peeve. The sad thing is you don't even know it.

Yes. How about freedom of opinion anal one? If I am saying some racist things, calling women out of there names, cursing like the guy on the cooley blog, or things of that nature fine.

But I think you know what I mean by freedom of speech. I am not offending anyone who is no offending me. I don't disrespect people because of their opinions. That's the issue. If we all had the same opinions why would we need this board? It would be very boring here because we would have nothing to debate.

As far as the finding a park bench. Maybe you should. You seem like a grumpy old man.
And I thought Saden was angry. You make him look like Blue Bonnet. Chill dude! It's not my custom to recommend anything illicit, but you could use a dubie and a BJ.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35361 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25