Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Redskins Are Close

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #16
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,062
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Man, we always seem to play at the level of our opponent which is a real shame. Our players are all super nice guys and I think that might a problem. We need players that are roughnecks on the field like the good old days. I was watching the game from the Rams and their players were yapping "hell nah, no sir, not today" all game and our players didn't respond verbally or with their play. What a shame.

I want the Dominate Button.
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
The Giants beat us by two TD's. Our garbage time, prevent defense TD at the end of the game doesn't count to keeping it close. I don't know if you watched that game but the Skins were clearly dominated.

We needed to rely 100% on Shawn Suisham just to win the Rams game by two points...need I say more?


If you intended to say the Redskins are close to beating the worse teams in the NFL then your statement is accurate.
NFL.com decided to leave it on the scoreboard, for what it's worth.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
I agree with that but the way you go about playing that team plays a huge factor to your future success.

If the Skins lost players during the game due to injury or had some freak turnovers to cause that close game then you could reason that it's not a real indication.

We had our full roster AND a full 60 minutes to show a clearly inferior team who was better that day. That inferior opponent showed us that they are just as good as we are that Sunday. There were hardly any freak turnovers or other game changing plays.


It was straight up with no wild cards and we struggled to edge them out. That to me is an indication of overall strength.
I think the defensive turnover that called back because of the fluke roughing the passer was a game changer. I think Moss' fumble while we're driving wasn't a game changer, but a momentum killer. Sellers scores easily if holds that ball.

Maybe we're coming away from the Rams game with two different perspectives, but I think it's reasonable to believe the Redskins could have put up 21 on the Rams.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Impact Rookie
 
DCtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 33
Posts: 623
Exclamation Re: The Redskins Are Close

so your saying we can't score 44 points ?? why not .. this can't go on forever .. you and all the other haters can suck it .. i'll be the one saying i told you so when we do drop a monster number of the Lions .. all the negative posts around here are so typical .. MOVE THE F ON ... one play changed the Giants game .. one freaking play


SKINS will drop 40 .. Suck It
__________________
"F*CK THE DALLAS JUMBOTRON"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #20
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
so your saying we can't score 44 points ?? why not .. this can't go on forever .. you and all the other haters can suck it .. i'll be the one saying i told you so when we do drop a monster number of the Lions .. all the negative posts around here are so typical .. MOVE THE F ON ... one play changed the Giants game .. one freaking play


SKINS will drop 40 .. Suck It
I don't know what we're sucking, but I agree it can't go on forever. Can it?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Impact Rookie
 
DCtoAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 33
Posts: 623
Re: The Redskins Are Close

I was referring to an earlier post who stated that " I must be high to think we can drop 40"
__________________
"F*CK THE DALLAS JUMBOTRON"
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
NFL.com decided to leave it on the scoreboard, for what it's worth.
Ok then...we'll go the long way about it.

We needed to score a touchdown in the last minute and a half of the game just to be down by one touchdown.

...still doesn't sound close to me.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Ok then...we'll go the long way about it.

We needed to score a touchdown in the last minute and a half of the game just to be down by one touchdown.

...still doesn't sound close to me.
Long way works for me.

You know that game was decided by the outcome of an onside kick right? If you're suggesting that they let us in the end zone by design, you're accusing the entire Giants coaching staff of incompetence.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
I was referring to an earlier post who stated that " I must be high to think we can drop 40"
Yes...I didn't say that but I agree that one must be high to think to ones self that the Skins would score 44 points on Sunday.

It really shows ones lack of football knowledge when one makes outrageous claims like that. How would a team just miraculously get 150% better in a week? At least make a rational claim to show that one has been paying attention to football more than a few days.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #25
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Long way works for me.

You know that game was decided by the outcome of an onside kick right? If you're suggesting that they let us in the end zone by design, you're accusing the entire Giants coaching staff of incompetence.
It's called the prevent defense.

They let us down the field didn't they? They weren't doing that the previous 3 and half quarters.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Winning ugly against teams like the Rams and Lions?...That equates to losing ugly to the competitive teams in this league.

How the hell are the Skins close? What have the Redskins shown you the past two weeks that makes them close to anything but the basement of the NFC?

And if this Zorn's biggest game of his career then I feel sorry for Zorn's career. Those are some pathetic expectations you have for Zorn this year.
Dude, there are plenty of threads where you can go and piss on the corn flakes. Shit, can you at least let us have this thread for those of us with a glimmer of hope? Thanks.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
It's called the prevent defense.

They let us down the field didn't they? They weren't doing that the previous 3 and half quarters.
Well, sounds like you would be accusing them of incompetence. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the context of your statement.

Plus, prevent defense is designed to take away those last two long completions on the drive. Fact is, we just beat the coverage and scored.

Sure we could have dinked and dunked down the field, and they would have let us run the clock down, but that's not what happened. An onside kick is a 10% proposition, but if we get lucky, they have to stop us from getting 40 yards in a minute thirty, or we beat them.

I'm just not seeing the domination. They lead the whole way, and it wasn't exactly a back and forth game, but that's hardly domination.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Well, sounds like you would be accusing them of incompetence. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the context of your statement.

Plus, prevent defense is designed to take away those last two long completions on the drive. Fact is, we just beat the coverage and scored.

Sure we could have dinked and dunked down the field, and they would have let us run the clock down, but that's not what happened. An onside kick is a 10% proposition, but if we get lucky, they have to stop us from getting 40 yards in a minute thirty, or we beat them.

I'm just not seeing the domination. They lead the whole way, and it wasn't exactly a back and forth game, but that's hardly domination.
Wow...I'm getting a feeling that you watched the whole game and actually believe that.

Whew...Tynes scored a FG with 3 minutes 12 seconds in the fourth quarter. We receive the ball and score a TD with 1 minute 30 seconds left in the game. With the kickoff we scored in 1 minute and 42 seconds...

What Redskin offense is capable of scoring in 1min42sec??? So far it's taken us 5-fold that just to get into the redzone and kick a FG. If you don't see that as a gimmie score by the Giants prevent defense then there are other things you're not seeing.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #29
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Winning ugly against teams like the Rams and Lions?...That equates to losing ugly to the competitive teams in this league.

How the hell are the Skins close? What have the Redskins shown you the past two weeks that makes them close to anything but the basement of the NFC?

And if this Zorn's biggest game of his career then I feel sorry for Zorn's career. Those are some pathetic expectations you have for Zorn this year.
Hard to argue w/ what you say Skinny. I sorta feel sorry for Zorn already...

Back to the original post and the question about taking a different perspective, well I basically get that every game, watching the Skins w/ friends who are Vikings, Broncos, Raiders and Niners fans. I mean usually they just laugh at how inept the offense looks and especially how lost Zorn looks on the sidelines. However on Sunday when Zorn called that sweep left on 4th and a foot, putting the ball 5 yards behind the LOS when we hadn't been able to run all day and every person watching expects us to run left behind Chris Samuels...well at that point there was just total silence for a few seconds until I screamed at the TV. I mean it was like "no effing way did that really just happen," so basically the alternate perspective is to be speechless
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: The Redskins Are Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Wow...I'm getting a feeling that you watched the whole game and actually believe that.

Whew...Tynes scored a FG with 3 minutes 12 seconds in the fourth quarter. We receive the ball and score a TD with 1 minute 30 seconds left in the game. With the kickoff we scored in 1 minute and 42 seconds...

What Redskin offense is capable of scoring in 1min42sec??? So far it's taken us 5-fold that just to get into the redzone and kick a FG. If you don't see that as a gimmie score by the Giants prevent defense then there are other things you're not seeing.
Ok, Redskins suck and they are going to lose on Sunday and well you'll be correct and get to gloat about it here for eternity. That's what you want, right? I mean, you're going out of your way to piss all over a somewhat positive thread. No?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.60226 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25