Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Zorn On The Hot Seat

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #136
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

What's funny to me it's that in week 1 I wrote in my column that the end of Zorn Era was starting and he was going to be let go and everyone here came at me like I was insane and just another cowboys bias fan... and 3 weeks later everyone it's on the same boat.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #137
Special Teams
 
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Queens Village, NY
Age: 34
Posts: 349
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

But hey he is not the only that to go!! Blache needs to go first!
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #138
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Please join the mutiny and take that grifter SOB's avatar off. This is his fault and his alone.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #139
Special Teams
 
roth74va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 336
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Zorn is a F'ing idiot, even today after losing to the worst team in the league, he still wants to sugar-coat this crap. You suck, your philosophy sucks, you dont motivate your players, and WE will be the ones to pay for it.

Gibbs always had the guys ready to fight to the very end. I sure miss that style of football, how did we get to this crap?
__________________
_________________________

6 win talent + 2 win coaching = 4-12 season.
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #140
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,973
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Then Zorn comes in with ONLY a 5 min conference today? wtf...
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #141
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,973
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Well, might have been a lil longer but he didnt say anything new at all.. same shit just diff day.
__________________
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Darrell_Green_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #142
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,197
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Zorn Press conf.....wow
It is not good.

We are getting better.
We have tremendous talent.
We still need to make some fine tune adjustments.

He must not recognize the avalanche that is headed his way, and THAT is a lame attempt to stop it
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #143
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

I opened this thread cause I thought it would say something like; Zorn spoke w/D. Snyder this morning & confirmed in his press conference today that he is indeed on the hot seat.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #144
Special Teams
 
Rajmahal33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 478
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

My question is...what do you do if you are Snyder?

1) Fire Zorn now, well before the bye week and promote from within (finding his successor in the offseason)

2) Stick with Zorn til about the bye week and see if the situation improves...in essence pushing off the decision

3) Come out and make a statement that Zorn is still the head coach and will be until the end of the season...

Options 1 and 3 are swift definitive moves, but I think Snyder will go for option 2

Snyder is in that situation where no matter what he decides (given his history of mismanagement), there will be many skins fans calling for his blood. If he goes with 1) it will be construed as Snyder being Snyder and unless Shanahan or someone is willing to captain this sinking ship, i don't think the move will be vindicated. Option 3) would be gutsy but I still think that many will find a way to criticize Snyder for not seeing the situation for what it is. He is in a real tough spot to say the least...Thoughts?
__________________
McNasty FTW!
Rajmahal33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #145
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

If the Skins lose this week at home against TB, which is a possibility, I think JZ might get axed.

It it only week 4 so the team could turn it around. It's possible. Not probable though.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #146
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajmahal33 View Post
My question is...what do you do if you are Snyder?

1) Fire Zorn now, well before the bye week and promote from within (finding his successor in the offseason)

2) Stick with Zorn til about the bye week and see if the situation improves...in essence pushing off the decision

3) Come out and make a statement that Zorn is still the head coach and will be until the end of the season...

Options 1 and 3 are swift definitive moves, but I think Snyder will go for option 2

Snyder is in that situation where no matter what he decides (given his history of mismanagement), there will be many skins fans calling for his blood. If he goes with 1) it will be construed as Snyder being Snyder and unless Shanahan or someone is willing to captain this sinking ship, i don't think the move will be vindicated. Option 3) would be gutsy but I still think that many will find a way to criticize Snyder for not seeing the situation for what it is. He is in a real tough spot to say the least...Thoughts?
Thoughts

1. Don't know how much benefit there is to this, unless the interim coach is someone we know will be connected to the ultimate hire and can do some "advanced scouting" on his behalf.

2. The most viable scenario

3. That would be the dreaded "vote of confidence"

It's got to be number 2 I think. Here's a question for you. How much is a Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, or Holmgren worth? I just ask because I wonder if at this point people will be ok if we throw $10+ million at any of them to "right the ship"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #147
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thoughts

1. Don't know how much benefit there is to this, unless the interim coach is someone we know will be connected to the ultimate hire and can do some "advanced scouting" on his behalf.

2. The most viable scenario

3. That would be the dreaded "vote of confidence"

It's got to be number 2 I think. Here's a question for you. How much is a Cowher, Shanahan, Gruden, or Holmgren worth? I just ask because I wonder if at this point people will be ok if we throw $10+ million at any of them to "right the ship"
If I was any one of those coaches I'd be paying attention to the Skins situation because every setback we suffer this season just ups the price Danny would pay for an elite coach.

At this point it's 10M a year to come in here and clean up. And if I was them I'd take every penny becuase it's going to be a huge undertaking.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #148
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,709
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
The NFL logos show you love competitive football in its finest form and are protesting that the Skins are electing not to field a competitive football team.

Do the red NFL logo because it shows you still have love for the franchise but don't condone the owner's wish to continually field a non-competitive team.
Well heres the deal. I to originally had that as a sign of passive protest after the win over the rams but after a day of having it I really took to liking that avatar. It made my post easy to find and in a weird way it looked professional. Now all of a sudden I see about 5 or 6 people with the same avatar. I don't know if I should be flattered or sad.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #149
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
If I was any one of those coaches I'd be paying attention to the Skins situation because every setback we suffer this season just ups the price Danny would pay for an elite coach.

At this point it's 10M a year to come in here and clean up. And if I was them I'd take every penny becuase it's going to be a huge undertaking.
Sure, but if we did would you as a fan say "Great we just wasted $10 million on a new GM and head coach" or "Great we just invested $10 million on a new GM and head coach"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #150
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,789
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Well heres the deal. I to originally had that as a sign of passive protest after the win over the rams but after a day of having it I really took to liking that avatar. It made my post easy to find and in a weird way it looked professional. Now all of a sudden I see about 5 or 6 people with the same avatar. I don't know if I should be flattered or sad.
I've got the "show avatar" option unchecked so I couldn't even tell you what avatar my posts are showing right now unless I went to my profile
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28572 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25