Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Zorn On The Hot Seat

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #46
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Michael is Satan View Post
Why is it not CERRATO on the hot seat??? He's the GM/Pres/WTF-ever who hired Zorn, plus about a million other bad decisions. Impeach Cerrato first, it makes more sense to do that mid-season than firing the coach! Then a new, hopefully competent GM can get a feel for the team and be ready to make off-season decisions, including the fate of ZZZZZorn. Am I wrong here?
Vinny is Danny's enabler. He's not going anywhere.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #47
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
We're 2 games in and we're 1-1, I think people need to calm the F down with the hotseat BS.
Good perspective right here from Mike Wise on Jim Zorn's job status moving forward:

washingtonpost.com
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #48
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
We're 2 games in and we're 1-1, I think people need to calm the F down with the hotseat BS.
People are already lining up coaching candidates who are coming to DC next year.

For some reason everyone seems to be fine with that.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Michael is Satan View Post
Why is it not CERRATO on the hot seat??? He's the GM/Pres/WTF-ever who hired Zorn, plus about a million other bad decisions. Impeach Cerrato first, it makes more sense to do that mid-season than firing the coach! Then a new, hopefully competent GM can get a feel for the team and be ready to make off-season decisions, including the fate of ZZZZZorn. Am I wrong here?
What do we base Cerrato's body of work on? The Gibbs 2 years, not a fair evaluation as Gibbs held final say-so on everything and Snyderatto gave Gibbs whatever he asked for. So we really only have last year and this year to work from where Cerrato has full responsibility for personnel.

-FA signing of Dock at a reasonable number.
- keeping coaching staff mostly intact to support a 1st year coach who has never been even a coordinator at the NFL level.
- Horton
- Haynesworth, don't want to jinx him, but so far so good.
- Kelly, looks like he'll be solid.
- Patience in the 2009 draft and winding up with Orakpo
- Thomas, Rinehart, Tyron, jury's out but they're all still on the roster so they can't be total busts.
- Kevin Barnes, solid pick
- Hunter Smith
- Jarmon appears to have been a good choice in the supplemental draft, a lower pick would've been better than a 3rd, OK that's a slight negative.
- Will Montgomery, should be a solid backup
- Re-signing D. Hall, jury's out on that one but had he gotten away it would've been "Cerrato's an idiot for letting D. Hall walk"

So what are the "million bad decisions"?
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #50
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Good perspective right here from Mike Wise on Jim Zorn's job status moving forward:

washingtonpost.com
Good point right here:

Let's be clear: Unless the wheels fall off, Zorn deserves this year to make it work for a variety of reasons. Beyond a fair shot, exactly what does the franchise do in the middle of the season? If Zorn is given his walking papers, you don't merely lose your head coach; you effectively lose your offensive coordinator and your quarterbacks coach, irrespective of how troubling the play-calling has been.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #51
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Good point right here:

Let's be clear: Unless the wheels fall off, Zorn deserves this year to make it work for a variety of reasons. Beyond a fair shot, exactly what does the franchise do in the middle of the season? If Zorn is given his walking papers, you don't merely lose your head coach; you effectively lose your offensive coordinator and your quarterbacks coach, irrespective of how troubling the play-calling has been.
Yeah, that stood out to me as well. Even if the next month proves to us that Zorn isn't the guy, firing him in mid-season will only make us worse in the short term. IMO, unless he totally loses the locker room and is pacing for a 4 win debacle type of season, he'll get through all of 2009.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #52
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,397
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
People are already lining up coaching candidates who are coming to DC next year.

For some reason everyone seems to be fine with that.
Not everyone Tee. The loudest, or in this case, the ones who write the most, are the most heard. To answer what the thread asks, I think what you should expect is for a coach to come in and implement a system that will benefit the team towards being successful. I think the coach should be given the time to put such a system in place, obtain players he wants, and allow it enough time to see if the team can comprehend and flourish in it. I think to hire an inexperienced HC to do such a thing without a reasonable amount of time to do it is unreasonable and foolish.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"

Last edited by 53Fan; 09-24-2009 at 02:36 PM.
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #53
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Not everyone Tee. The loudest, or in this case, the ones who write the most, are the most heard.
Well I know it is not contested when people talk about who should be the head coach next year.

That's why the thread was created because no one is asking why Zorn has such a short leash being a first time head coach.


That's also something that has irritated me as of late because I'd hate to think our front office has the same sentiment/expectations as our fans. This year and last would be fruitless if Zorn was just a two year filler coach while we waited for the availability of the big name coaches for the big splash in 2010. Needless to say that is gross mishandling of management and personnel by the front office if that is the case.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #54
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,397
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Well I know it is not contested when people talk about who should be the head coach next year.

That's why the thread was created because no one is asking why Zorn has such a short leash being a first time head coach.


That's also something that has irritated me as of late because I'd hate to think our front office has the same sentiment/expectations as our fans. This year and last would be fruitless if Zorn was just a two year filler coach while we waited for the availability of the big name coaches for the big splash in 2010. Needless to say that is gross mishandling of management and personnel by the front office if that is the case.
Well I think I have stated that we need to show patience and I think Zorn has us on the right track. I agree 100% with what you're saying about Zorn and the FO if that turns out to be the case.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #55
The Starter
 
GoSkins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yorktown, Va
Age: 45
Posts: 1,587
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

We all heard the comments that Sonny made to Zorn about calling a time-out if you call for the RB to pass for him in the red-zone on 3rd down. I wonder what Zorn would have done as a QB in the same situation? Any thoughts?

Just wondering how much ego Zorn has and if he ever turns things around on himself. That can get you in trouble in a hurry, and he seems to be in trouble.... in a hurry.

Also, Why doesn't Danny take the easier road and tell Zorn that if the offense doesn't start scoring, we are going to have to bring in a more experience OC to help him. It isn't like you can't fire the OC and not the HC. Friendship or not, it has to be an option.
Zorn may be doing a lot better right now if he had a more experienced offensive coordinator to help him while he adjusts from QB coach to head coach.
__________________
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. A. Einstien
GoSkins! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #56
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah, that stood out to me as well. Even if the next month proves to us that Zorn isn't the guy, firing him in mid-season will only make us worse in the short term. IMO, unless he totally loses the locker room and is pacing for a 4 win debacle type of season, he'll get through all of 2009.
That would work out about the same way it did for the Wizards when they fired Eddie Jordan after eleven games. If Zorn is fired now, this season is history.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #57
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
That would work out about the same way it did for the Wizards when they fired Eddie Jordan after eleven games. If Zorn is fired now, this season is history.
I still dont understand that move with Eddie. We were horrible before he came. But anwyays back to talking Skins. Zorn is not going to get fired this season.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

[quote=Lotus;594807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post

I pray that the fans had nothing to do with the Fassel decision or any other one. Fans are idiots. I hope that their voice is not taken into account.

The fact is, Zorn is not really on the hot seat until Danny issues the dreaded "statement of confidence." Such statements ironically legitimize criticism. If the owner is not concerned about a coach, then then the owner says nothing, which so far has been the case.
You say you pray the fans had nothing to do with the Fassel decision, well obviously you weren't paying a great deal of attention to the selection process. Just about everyone on this board can/will concur in the fact that had it not been for people like those represented here as well as the many radio talk shows and numerous other outlets that voiced their dissaproval of Jim Fassel, in all likelehood he would have been the next HC here after Gibbs decided to step down.

To suggest fans are idiots.....well I'm a fan, have been a fan for a long, long time just like most of our fellow members here and we don't want to put ourselves in the category of idiots. We're trying to get beyond the Robert Henson philosophy.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #59
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

Fans are not stupid, but they act pretty irrationally a good portion of the time. But that's fine, that's what fans do. The danger is when ownership does that. But anyway, we don't have Fassel in large part due to he and Vinny simply not being able to work together more than anything else. The fans' protest of the hiring has been way overblown.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #60
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,775
Re: Zorn On The Hot Seat

[quote=Longtimefan;594951]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post

You say you pray the fans had nothing to do with the Fassel decision, well obviously you weren't paying a great deal of attention to the selection process. Just about everyone on this board can/will concur in the fact that had it not been for people like those represented here as well as the many radio talk shows and numerous other outlets that voiced their dissaproval of Jim Fassel, in all likelehood he would have been the next HC here after Gibbs decided to step down.

To suggest fans are idiots.....well I'm a fan, have been a fan for a long, long time just like most of our fellow members here and we don't want to put ourselves in the category of idiots. We're trying to get beyond the Robert Henson philosophy.
I don't think that is true. Some people say that, others don't. I was paying attention and that is not the way that I saw it.

So, since you made the claim, provide the evidence: what is your evidence that the Fassel (non)hire came because of fan voices? Please present some convincing evidence, not innuendo.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30640 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25