Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Matt, the last decade has been a lot more bad than good, in my opinion. I write good things about the Skins when I think they are merited. And, after all, I did predict them to go 9-7 this year, which proves I'm a cock-eyed optimistic fool.
I can't remember you ever writing anything remotely positive about anything Snyder has or hasn't done. This Audi deal reflected his poor ownership, not re-signing Demetric Evans reflected his poor ownership...
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I can't remember you ever writing anything remotely positive about anything Snyder has or hasn't done. This Audi deal reflected his poor ownership, not re-signing Demetric Evans reflected his poor ownership...
To be truthful, there hasn't been much. Take away the NFC East title in 1999, because that really wasn't Snyder's team, he has delivered nothing but an average to below average team and higher prices. I mean, we could all argue back and forth, millions of times, and Redskins Nation would been divided down the middle on Snyder. Half like him, half hate him. Maybe is just gets old watching organization like the Steelers, Giants, Colts, and others consistently put up good teams, compete for division titles, go to the playoffs, year after year. Yes, there are some years they have off years. But overall, they consistently win. We were like that in the 80s. We want that again. Can this owner deliver that? At this point, unless there are wholesale changes in the front office, a decade of trying would say no. The biggest stumbling block is and has been, the lack of a professional, prove General Manager.

Like I said though, when it comes to dan Snyder, opinion differ, but generally,t hey fall on one side of the line and the other side of the line.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
To be truthful, there hasn't been much. Take away the NFC East title in 1999, because that really wasn't Snyder's team, he has delivered nothing but an average to below average team and higher prices. I mean, we could all argue back and forth, millions of times, and Redskins Nation would been divided down the middle on Snyder. Half like him, half hate him. Maybe is just gets old watching organization like the Steelers, Giants, Colts, and others consistently put up good teams, compete for division titles, go to the playoffs, year after year. Yes, there are some years they have off years. But overall, they consistently win. We were like that in the 80s. We want that again. Can this owner deliver that? At this point, unless there are wholesale changes in the front office, a decade of trying would say no. The biggest stumbling block is and has been, the lack of a professional, prove General Manager.

Like I said though, when it comes to dan Snyder, opinion differ, but generally,t hey fall on one side of the line and the other side of the line.
Fair points. But, for example, Snyder and Rosenhaus discussing a potential Briggs trade at a hotel bar before Gibbs even interjected is a fair thing to criticize. Snyder throwing all that money at Spurrier (even though other teams were interested as well) is a fair thing to criticize (even Snyder has). But the criticism has too often become based on simply hate (for lack of a better term).
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #19
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

I get that some don't like Snyder, and hey he certainly has done his fair share of things wrong. It just gets old though especially when it seems like the slams against him aren't always warranted or fair.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
Spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C.
Posts: 150
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Look, as long as the team is bad and, often embarrassing, Snyder is going to take his licks. He's put himself at the center of decision-making on the team and is therefore appropriately held responsible.

I think me making fun of the Audi deal is being taken too seriously. To me, announcing another sponsorship deal now seems like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. Snyder has found plenty of ways to make money from the Redskins [whether with sponsor deals or by gouging Redskins fans who want to park at his crappy stadium -- and yes, it's crappy, I've got season tickets and I bloody well know], but hasn't demonstrated that he knows what to do with the money he makes. So I make fun of him.

It also has to do with my view of FedEx Field. To me, the place is full of commercialism and too few football fans. I'm not impressed by cigar bars full of bozos who are too drunk to know or care who is winning the game and I'm not impressed by sticking a corporate logo on all and sundry. Yes, I realize other NFL teams do this, but I imagine it is a lot easier to endure if the team is winning. I'm a Redskins fan so I wouldn't know about that.

You can laugh at my jokes or not as you please, but let's not confuse what I'm doing with a hate crime. Not everything I write about the Redskins has to be a serious analysis piece. Sometimes I just take shots at Snyder because it is easy and fun to do. If you find it depressing you might be taking it too seriously.
__________________
For all your DC sports news: DC Pro Sports Report
For all your NFL draft news: DC Pro Sports Report NFL Mock Draft Database
Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,717
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
Look, as long as the team is bad and, often embarrassing, Snyder is going to take his licks. He's put himself at the center of decision-making on the team and is therefore appropriately held responsible.

I think me making fun of the Audi deal is being taken too seriously. To me, announcing another sponsorship deal now seems like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. Snyder has found plenty of ways to make money from the Redskins [whether with sponsor deals or by gouging Redskins fans who want to park at his crappy stadium -- and yes, it's crappy, I've got season tickets and I bloody well know], but hasn't demonstrated that he knows what to do with the money he makes. So I make fun of him.

It also has to do with my view of FedEx Field. To me, the place is full of commercialism and too few football fans. I'm not impressed by cigar bars full of bozos who are too drunk to know or care who is winning the game and I'm not impressed by sticking a corporate logo on all and sundry. Yes, I realize other NFL teams do this, but I imagine it is a lot easier to endure if the team is winning. I'm a Redskins fan so I wouldn't know about that.

You can laugh at my jokes or not as you please, but let's not confuse what I'm doing with a hate crime. Not everything I write about the Redskins has to be a serious analysis piece. Sometimes I just take shots at Snyder because it is easy and fun to do. If you find it depressing you might be taking it too seriously.
I bet the Lions are glad you aren't their fan.

Fed Ex does suck, but Snyder inherited that. What do you want him to do, tear it down and build a new one? (I wouldn't necessarily object). And to hate him, without acknowledging that he seems to have made strides, even if they are smaller than we all would like to see.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #22
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,022
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
It also has to do with my view of FedEx Field. To me, the place is full of commercialism and too few football fans. I'm not impressed by cigar bars full of bozos who are too drunk to know or care who is winning the game and I'm not impressed by sticking a corporate logo on all and sundry. Yes, I realize other NFL teams do this, but I imagine it is a lot easier to endure if the team is winning. I'm a Redskins fan so I wouldn't know about that.
Every NFL team does this, including those that continue to have losing records year after year.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #23
Special Teams
 
Spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C.
Posts: 150
Re: Smoke Signals: Don't worry about the game, look at all this Audi stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Every NFL team does this, including those that continue to have losing records year after year.
Right, but I'm not a fan of those teams.
__________________
For all your DC sports news: DC Pro Sports Report
For all your NFL draft news: DC Pro Sports Report NFL Mock Draft Database
Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21523 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25