Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #16
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Its just his opinion and opinions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink. That being said the skins are favored by 6.5 and the cowboys are favored by 8.5. I definitely agree that IF both upsets happen the 'boys losing would be the bigger upset.
Statistically wise Romo usually rebounds from a crappy game the next week as well as JCampbells stats against the Lions the past 2 years:
Jason Campbell vs. Lions Secondary
Something about the Detroit Lions seems to bring out the best in Campbell.
In a 2007 game, Campbell completed 23-of-29 passes for 248 yards, two touchdowns and a 125.3 QB rating. Last year, he completed 23-of-28 passes for 328 yards, one touchdown and a career-high 127.4 QB rating.
Statistically, Campbell has gotten off to solid start this season, completing 68.9 percent of his passes for 453 yards, one touchdown and one interception. The offense is ranked 18th in the league in passing yards.
In the red zone, a problem area for the offense so far this season, Campbell has completed 4-of-8 passes for 29 yards, with one touchdown and one sack.
Detroit’s secondary, led by veteran cornerbacks Phillip Buchanan and Anthony Henry, is ranked 25th in the league in passing defense. They are both in their first seasons with the Lions.


Enough is enough. The Rams are a professional football team and they played well. The Giants are one of the best teams in the league and we played them well. The Lions are also in the league and despite having a 19 game losing streak WILL NOT find a way to beat the skins this weekend. Im tired of hearing about how the Lions will win on sportstalk radio and the other random media that I listen to. The better team wins the majority of the time. I just dont see how the Lions can match up man for man against the Skins and win.
Total Offense YPG:
Skins: 19th
Lions: 30th
Total Defense YPG:
Skins: 10th
Lions: 27th
Further the Skins offense is (passing ypg):
18th
and the Lions passing defense is:
24th
Skins passing defense is ranked:
10th
Lions passing offense:
26th
I wont bore you with more stats but they all show that the Skins SHOULD (and will) win on Sunday.
I think that the Skins are very hungry to quiet the booing fans and the media. I truely do not see the Lions including a rookie qb in Stafford punishing the Skins. I feel that JCs experience and the handful of weapons more than the Lions have will dictate a W for DC. Stop bitching everyone, we were supposed to beat the Rams and lose the the Giants. Skins are 1-1. With a win they are still right in the thick of the east. Again this is my opinion but I just don't see how the Lions will beat the SKins.
Ditto.

I'm tired of all this negativity. I'll bet 99% of all you haters predicted the Skins to beat the rams and lose one to the Giants. Guess what...that's what happened. Let's stop all the overreacting, if it weren't for a few missed opportunities with turnovers and dropped TD passes, they would have put 20+ points on the board, and everyone on here would be saying..."wow, here comes the offense, did you see how they moved the ball...Geez Zorn's offensive scheme really does work!"
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2009, 08:18 AM   #17
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 53
Posts: 10,519
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
Dmek check my past columns before you post. Week 1 I said you would lose to the Giants and you did... Week 2 I said you would beat Stl but not cover the line and you did.

Right now Week one I've said you've lose week 2 i said you would win
OK, so you haven't picked us to lose every week. but you have picked Dallas each week, no? and nice post warpath. but why skew opinions with logic?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Ditto.

I'm tired of all this negativity. I'll bet 99% of all you haters predicted the Skins to beat the rams and lose one to the Giants. Guess what...that's what happened. Let's stop all the overreacting, if it weren't for a few missed opportunities with turnovers and dropped TD passes, they would have put 20+ points on the board, and everyone on here would be saying..."wow, here comes the offense, did you see how they moved the ball...Geez Zorn's offensive scheme really does work!"
Well, gee -- if only I were 5 inches taller, I'd be 6'8".

Turnovers, missed opportunities and dropped TD passes are all things that make for a bad offense. Like it or not, that's exactly what we have right now. Catch those TDs, take advantage of the opportunities, and stop turning the ball over and we'll have a good offense.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, gee -- if only I were 5 inches taller, I'd be 6'8".

Turnovers, missed opportunities and dropped TD passes are all things that make for a bad offense. Like it or not, that's exactly what we have right now. Catch those TDs, take advantage of the opportunities, and stop turning the ball over and we'll have a good offense.
I agree. In fact I think we'd have a very good offense.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
The Starter
 
Warpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,762
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
OK, so you haven't picked us to lose every week. but you have picked Dallas each week, no? and nice post warpath. but why skew opinions with logic?
I just meant to back up my opinions with facts.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #21
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,077
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, gee -- if only I were 5 inches taller, I'd be 6'8".

Turnovers, missed opportunities and dropped TD passes are all things that make for a bad offense. Like it or not, that's exactly what we have right now. Catch those TDs, take advantage of the opportunities, and stop turning the ball over and we'll have a good offense.
Not arguing that point, but don't understand why everyone is calling for Zorn's head.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post

•Miami has screwed me over twice,

•It looks like I pissed somebody off because luck it’s not going my way with my overall predictions.
Miami did not screw you over, you chose wrong.

No one has brought you bad luck. You simply chose wrong.

Why do you so ludicrously blame other people for the fact that you, repeatedly, are mistaken?

Plato said that true wisdom is knowing how much we do not know. In Plato's terms, you are quite unwise.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #23
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Miami did not screw you over, you chose wrong.

No one has brought you bad luck. You simply chose wrong.

Why do you so ludicrously blame other people for the fact that you, repeatedly, are mistaken?

Plato said that true wisdom is knowing how much we do not know. In Plato's terms, you are quite unwise.
It's a Cowboy "Thang" Lotus.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Well, gee -- if only I were 5 inches taller, I'd be 6'8".

Turnovers, missed opportunities and dropped TD passes are all things that make for a bad offense. Like it or not, that's exactly what we have right now. Catch those TDs, take advantage of the opportunities, and stop turning the ball over and we'll have a good offense.
That's the big one. That's the difference between us having a below average offense and an above average offense that leans conservative.

Missed opportunities and dropped TD passes happen to everyone (at different rates of course). Fumbles are just killing us. We've actually gotten lucky to have recovered as many as we have.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Miami did not screw you over, you chose wrong.

No one has brought you bad luck. You simply chose wrong.

Why do you so ludicrously blame other people for the fact that you, repeatedly, are mistaken?

Plato said that true wisdom is knowing how much we do not know. In Plato's terms, you are quite unwise.
But in his world, DeMarcus Ware already has 10 sacks this season, and is not at all the most overrated defensive player in the NFC East.

The Cowboys, as a team, have zero sacks.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #26
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Miami did not screw you over, you chose wrong.

No one has brought you bad luck. You simply chose wrong.

Why do you so ludicrously blame other people for the fact that you, repeatedly, are mistaken?

Plato said that true wisdom is knowing how much we do not know. In Plato's terms, you are quite unwise.
C'mon the Miami point was made that I wouldn't picked them again because they've lost twice when I picked them. The bad luck thing is meant to be funny you're nitpicking here.

And it's Ironic you're saying that I don't accept the reality that I made my mistakes but almost everyone here is delusional about their own team and how they're playing.

Now every week there are bad calls like Jacksonville over Arizona I did last week and bad luck ( It happens in the NFL, every sport and life Dummy) Like Cin losing to Denver on a desperation weird play in the last seconds. Get Real.

So if a Pick in Basketball Cleveland over Chicago and they are winning by 2 in the final seconds and a guy from Chicago throws the ball from his own court and nails the 3 pointer to win the game at the buzzer. You're saying I lost because I made the bad pick it wasn't bad luck... if you really believe that luck has nothing to do with sports than I'm unwise in the eyes of Plato, But you sir are just unwise
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #27
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
C'mon the Miami point was made that I wouldn't picked them again because they've lost twice when I picked them. The bad luck thing is meant to be funny you're nitpicking here.

And it's Ironic you're saying that I don't accept the reality that I made my mistakes but almost everyone here is delusional about their own team and how they're playing.

Now every week there are bad calls like Jacksonville over Arizona I did last week and bad luck ( It happens in the NFL, every sport and life Dummy) Like Cin losing to Denver on a desperation weird play in the last seconds. Get Real.

So if a Pick in Basketball Cleveland over Chicago and they are winning by 2 in the final seconds and a guy from Chicago throws the ball from his own court and nails the 3 pointer to win the game at the buzzer. You're saying I lost because I made the bad pick it wasn't bad luck... if you really believe that luck has nothing to do with sports than I'm unwise in the eyes of Plato, But you sir are just unwise
hu-huh-hu...he likez d'boys.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #28
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
But in his world, DeMarcus Ware already has 10 sacks this season, and is not at all the most overrated defensive player in the NFC East.

The Cowboys, as a team, have zero sacks.
GTripp really read the Columns first man I'm the first one to critic the Cowboys not only they're lack of getting Sacks and Turnovers but their mentality in not stopping NY in the final drive. Please

I'm the first to say things are not ok with my team and if we were going against a team that has shown something I wouldn't pick them to win.

You critic me about Ware but You're the one still defending Orakpo playing LB how's that going for you 2 games 2 tackles and you said he was going to put pressure on 3rd down and get sacks.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
C'mon the Miami point was made that I wouldn't picked them again because they've lost twice when I picked them. The bad luck thing is meant to be funny you're nitpicking here.

And it's Ironic you're saying that I don't accept the reality that I made my mistakes but almost everyone here is delusional about their own team and how they're playing.

Now every week there are bad calls like Jacksonville over Arizona I did last week and bad luck ( It happens in the NFL, every sport and life Dummy) Like Cin losing to Denver on a desperation weird play in the last seconds. Get Real.

So if a Pick in Basketball Cleveland over Chicago and they are winning by 2 in the final seconds and a guy from Chicago throws the ball from his own court and nails the 3 pointer to win the game at the buzzer. You're saying I lost because I made the bad pick it wasn't bad luck... if you really believe that luck has nothing to do with sports than I'm unwise in the eyes of Plato, But you sir are just unwise
But you're looking at it completely wrong. All picking games really comes down to is probabilities. You take all the information you can get, toss out what you deem to be valueless, and then you make the best pick.

Anyone here can do that. Where you have to make your money is by finding games where there's a blowout waiting to happen, but vegas necessarily doesn't see it that way. Calling a game to be "close" is basically saying that you could have gone either way (whether straight or the spread), but you hope to be lucky. Speaking in absolutes (and take this from me) just makes you look like an ass.

I happen to be a quite horrible game picker, btw. I don't bill myself as someone who can pick 12 games right per week though.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #30
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 3 Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
GTripp really read the Columns first man I'm the first one to critic the Cowboys not only they're lack of getting Sacks and Turnovers but their mentality in not stopping NY in the final drive. Please

You critic me about Ware but You're the one still defending Orakpo playing LB how's that going for you 2 games 2 tackles and you said he was going to put pressure on 3rd down and get sacks.
Well, if Orakpo and Ware are having equal effects on opponents at this point in their careers, I'd say that's probably in the Skins favor.

Orakpo has no 20 sack seasons, obviously. It's an imperfect comparison, so I guess I'm not shocked you would throw it out there.

Quote:
I'm the first to say things are not ok with my team and if we were going against a team that has shown something I wouldn't pick them to win.
Well, Washington is going against a team that hasn't shown one thing...

Please. Your no expert, you're a fan. Don't confuse the two.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32497 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25