Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,908
This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

In my 30 years of being a Redskins fan, this is an all time low. Worse than losing the 1 game to the 1-15 Cowboys. Worse than losing 38-9 in the Super Bowl. Worse than any Spurrier loss or even the Coach 'Robinskie' era. We lost to a team that hadn't won a game in 20 months. Any team would be embarrassed by today's effort and result. It just happens to have happened to us.

So now what? I think Dan Snyder has to now acknowledge that it's not working. This is not just a loss, this is an organizational failure. This is a failure of management, coaching and players. This is an organizational opportunity to reset. If Snyder reacts by firing Zorn tomorrow, that would be a typical, old Snyder knee jerk reaction. I hope he gets the realization that it's not working and takes a few measured steps to correcting the course of the franchise.

What I'd like to see Snyder do tomorrow is start the search immediately for a President of Football Operations. Instead of operating from the sideline up, we need drastic change from the front office down. There are some people available (Casserly, Holmgren, Floyd Reese, Bruce Allen) that Snyder could bring in now and allow them to take the season to evaluate the roster, the front office staff and the coaching staff. He doesn't need to make a move on Zorn or Cerrato. Someone needs to come in and be our Parcells or Joe Banner. We need an experienced front office person to come in and set the direction for the football team. Let them make the decisions on the coach and GM.

Personally, I want Shanahan to be our coach for the next decade because I believe he's a brilliant and progressive offensive mind and one of our major problems for decades is lack of an offensive identity. But, I don't think he'll be any more successful than Turner, Schotty, Spurrier, Gibbs or Zorn under our current structure. Unless we have a strong front office structure and an organizational plan, we'll be wasting Shanahan's talent and more years of our players careers.

I know I'm not breaking any new ground with this post, but this is a crucial point for the future of the Washington Redskins. We can do business as usual or make a dramatic change in the way things are done in order to save this once proud franchise.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,077
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

I would love for this to happen but I just do not know if Snyder will ever admit that he has failed, his ego is too big.
Do you think this is where us fans need to start speaking up more? I mean do we need to start writing the organization what do you recommend?
__________________
F#$% the Cowpukes!
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Yeah I just came back from the game. Don't know what to say. JC throws for almost 300 yards and only 2 scores. Our D isn't so hot, and the offense was inept.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,908
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmurfs22 View Post
I would love for this to happen but I just do not know if Snyder will ever admit that he has failed, his ego is too big.
Do you think this is where us fans need to start speaking up more? I mean do we need to start writing the organization what do you recommend?
Ordinarily I'd agree but the evidence is SO overwhelming, I'd think even Snyder would have to admit it's not working.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
Counter-Tre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Age: 41
Posts: 302
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Bring me the head of Vinny Cerrato!!!!!!!!
Counter-Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,077
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Ordinarily I'd agree but the evidence is SO overwhelming, I'd think even Snyder would have to admit it's not working.
~~~~~
Lets hope he does, but I am not going to hold my breath.
__________________
F#$% the Cowpukes!
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

I agree.

It could SLAP SNYDER in the effing face and make him come to the conclusion that he needs to appoint FOOTBALL PEOPLE to make FOOTBALL DECISIONS.

I hope this game cost Cerrato his job. That can be the only upside to losing this game.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Special Teams
 
huntz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 57
Posts: 311
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

The OWNER of this franchise has to KEEP HIS HANDS OFF and hire talented personnel to run the show, totallly run the show. He has to get rid of his buddy, Vinny. Danny, look at Kraft in NE and follow his example. But if you can't do that it will not not change.
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #9
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,418
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Bring me the head of Vinny Cerrato!!!!!!!!
K

__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,810
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Ordinarily I'd agree but the evidence is SO overwhelming, I'd think even Snyder would have to admit it's not working.
I pretty much agree with what you said in your first post but the major thing here is Snyder. I think pretty much the only knee jerk reaction he'd get out of this would be to fire Zorn. I don't think that will happen this week but it could be coming in the coming months. I would love for Snyder to bring in a football operations guy to evaluate the roster and be our Parcells so to speak but I don't think that's how Snyder wants to operate his franchise.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
In my 30 years of being a Redskins fan, this is an all time low. Worse than losing the 1 game to the 1-15 Cowboys. Worse than losing 38-9 in the Super Bowl. Worse than any Spurrier loss or even the Coach 'Robinskie' era. We lost to a team that hadn't won a game in 20 months. Any team would be embarrassed by today's effort and result. It just happens to have happened to us.

So now what? I think Dan Snyder has to now acknowledge that it's not working. This is not just a loss, this is an organizational failure. This is a failure of management, coaching and players. This is an organizational opportunity to reset. If Snyder reacts by firing Zorn tomorrow, that would be a typical, old Snyder knee jerk reaction. I hope he gets the realization that it's not working and takes a few measured steps to correcting the course of the franchise.

What I'd like to see Snyder do tomorrow is start the search immediately for a President of Football Operations. Instead of operating from the sideline up, we need drastic change from the front office down. There are some people available (Casserly, Holmgren, Floyd Reese, Bruce Allen) that Snyder could bring in now and allow them to take the season to evaluate the roster, the front office staff and the coaching staff. He doesn't need to make a move on Zorn or Cerrato. Someone needs to come in and be our Parcells or Joe Banner. We need an experienced front office person to come in and set the direction for the football team. Let them make the decisions on the coach and GM.

Personally, I want Shanahan to be our coach for the next decade because I believe he's a brilliant and progressive offensive mind and one of our major problems for decades is lack of an offensive identity. But, I don't think he'll be any more successful than Turner, Schotty, Spurrier, Gibbs or Zorn under our current structure. Unless we have a strong front office structure and an organizational plan, we'll be wasting Shanahan's talent and more years of our players careers.

I know I'm not breaking any new ground with this post, but this is a crucial point for the future of the Washington Redskins. We can do business as usual or make a dramatic change in the way things are done in order to save this once proud franchise.
Not according to the press conference when Gibbs retired. When asked if it's time to get a general manager, and change up the player-personnel department, Snyder said, "I'm a firm believer, if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Dan Snyder doesn't think anything is wrong with the way this franchise is run.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Hey Tony Dungy what are you doing?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #13
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,908
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Not according to the press conference when Gibbs retired. When asked if it's time to get a general manager, and change up the player-personnel department, Snyder said, "I'm a firm believer, if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Dan Snyder doesn't think anything is wrong with the way this franchise is run.
At the time we had just come off of playoff seasons in 2 of the prior 3 seasons. We've now lost 10 of the last 13 and lost to a team that hadn't won a game in 20 months. Can't see how that's the same thing.
__________________
FREE RG3!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
The Starter
 
TheSmurfs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,077
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Not sure how much good this will do but I just wrote the organization a letter. Guess I just had to get it off my chest. I let them know that we need a GM and it was time for Snyder to stop micro-managing everything. I also said that they need to remember to respect the fanbase. We do not feel respected anymore, at least not by management.

Maybe the more we speak our minds and send letters/emails to the organization maybe, maybe they will begin to hear us. While I know it is a business they cannot ignore us for long.
__________________
F#$% the Cowpukes!
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #15
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: This loss could be the best thing to happen to his franchise.

Well something is not right, when you have the largest payroll in the NFL and get these crappy results. Both sides of the ball were just plain mediocre. JC had the stats, but he looked more like the rook QB than Stafford did, as he was scrambling around a lot. He lost 3-4 snaps also. Our O line sucks monkey balls. Is there really that big of adrop off when one starter goes down, or was the Lion's D line and LB corp that good. Portis didn't do squat today. We our screwed!!!!!! We don't just need to draft a couple of positions, we need to draft just about every position, with the exception of the LBs. Sorry, but Thomas and Kelly are not going to pan out when your QB only throws it to only one guy(Moss) as the rest of the guys are covered well. Our pass rush was decent at times. We needed to blitz more though. Sorry for ranting, but when a 0-19 team beats you with a rook QB and some unknown Wr's helping out you just have to worry.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34185 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25