Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Campbell's numbers dont lie

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #946
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,096
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
If i could post new threads, i would post the article where they talk to Al Borges about JC. It was on NFL.com...
a very good lesson here, if you look back a few pages OR do a search for Borges. You would see that link has already been posted in THIS VERY THREAD

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...tml#post615466 (Campbell's numbers dont lie)
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #947
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Good Call...i am new to the site...i am a transplant from the great extremeskins purge of 2009...i've noticed that many members have joined here from there in the last couple of days...i recognize the screen names...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #948
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,309
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Good Call...i am new to the site...i am a transplant from the great extremeskins purge of 2009...i've noticed that many members have joined here from there in the last couple of days...i recognize the screen names...
A purge eh? What happened?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #949
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,658
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

The WP is like the Pitcairn Island of the Skins, board world?
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #950
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

They just started getting ridiculous with the permanent bans. I myself got banned for life last night. They gave no reason. I suspected that some of my posts were unpopular with the moderators. I had been there since 2005 with no incidents whatsoever, and then last night got permanently banned. No lie, within the past month, i know of at least 50 people who have been banned for life. I saw 5 or 6 of them on here today.

The board over there is a mess...one guy named "Jumbo", apparantly launched into a racial tirade last night....they even called in about it today on 106.7 The Fan.....its just a couple bad mods ruined it for everyone...
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #951
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Campbell now reminds me of Brunell in 2006. He isn't quite stinking it up, but he's not doing anything to try and win the game either....
Brunell's problem was that his arm strength was gone and he knew he couldn't make the plays he used to.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #952
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,270
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
They just started getting ridiculous with the permanent bans. I myself got banned for life last night. They gave no reason. I suspected that some of my posts were unpopular with the moderators. I had been there since 2005 with no incidents whatsoever, and then last night got permanently banned. No lie, within the past month, i know of at least 50 people who have been banned for life. I saw 5 or 6 of them on here today.

The board over there is a mess...one guy named "Jumbo", apparantly launched into a racial tirade last night....they even called in about it today on 106.7 The Fan.....its just a couple bad mods ruined it for everyone...
Welcome to the best Skins board in existence then. You'll enjoy it here, a lot of us actually use our brains.

I bet Vinny Cerrato threatened the ES mods to tighten things up.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #953
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Welcome to the best Skins board in existence then. You'll enjoy it here, a lot of us actually use our brains.

I bet Vinny Cerrato threatened the ES mods to tighten things up.
Thanks, Man.

I seriously wish someone would start a thread off-topic somewhere where all of us old ex Extremeskins members could re-unite and stuff.

It's just plain crazy over there...like seriously no other message board among the NFL could be that bad. I can't believe they let the moderators over there do what they are doing. The mods got all angry because they were accused of censoring on the SportsJunkies show, banned all people that voiced the opinion that they were, and were calling people names.

I asked last night in allegation of the censorship charges, did anyone regret officially merging with the team back in 2005, now in hindsight...."Jumbo" one of the mods told me i was too stupid to post here and warned others who agreed with me that they too would be "cut from the herd".

Good stuff though, as this helps WP's ranks grow. Ironically, after i was banned, somebody started a thread called "F Dan Snyder"...the thread was closed, and the person lifetime banned.....go figure
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #954
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Brunell's problem was that his arm strength was gone and he knew he couldn't make the plays he used to.
Brunell's problem was that his defense was trash and he had a first round prospect breathing down his neck. No one really thought of him as anything more than a caretaker anyway.

Campbell's issue appears to be that he's been handed a "now or never" scenario, and then given a team with no chance to win now. It's pretty obvious that Campbell is not the right quarterback for this team. Campbell's defense is not trash, it's giving him plenty of chances to win games, but the expectation from the front office is that Campbell leads an offensive resurgence that scores lots of points.

You're getting a lot of fumbles and interceptions and careless play from Campbell that seem to just be a result of the situation. Erratic quarterback play is not what this team requires right now, but the front office pretty much got what they asked for.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #955
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

BTW, there's a lot of interest in Campbell around the league right now, specifically from franchises out west. I would not be surprised if Matt Hasselbeck was the quarterback here next year.

Just saying.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #956
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
BTW, there's a lot of interest in Campbell around the league right now, specifically from franchises out west. I would not be surprised if Matt Hasselbeck was the quarterback here next year.

Just saying.
I'm all for moving Campbell if we could get something for him. But I dont see it. I think the FO's attempt earlier this year to trade him proved that....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #957
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Campbell's issue appears to be that he's been handed a "now or never" scenario, and then given a team with no chance to win now. It's pretty obvious that Campbell is not the right quarterback for this team. Campbell's defense is not trash, it's giving him plenty of chances to win games, but the expectation from the front office is that Campbell leads an offensive resurgence that scores lots of points.

You're getting a lot of fumbles and interceptions and careless play from Campbell that seem to just be a result of the situation. Erratic quarterback play is not what this team requires right now, but the front office pretty much got what they asked for.
The problems I've mentioned about JC are his and his alone. I'm not sure what situation you mean. He can control those things. He can't control a ball getting batted at the line for an INT, and I didn't slam him for that play. He can't control Heyer and Williams missing blocks, and in those instances I've not criticized him.

His ball security has been poor and it's not improving. His long release and his bad habit of "patting" the ball before a throw causes a delay in the ball getting out and missed opportunities. His inaccuracy, missing open receivers, and not making audibles are his fault. If audibles are not available to him in the system, then that's Zorn's fault.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #958
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,347
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
BTW, there's a lot of interest in Campbell around the league right now, specifically from franchises out west. I would not be surprised if Matt Hasselbeck was the quarterback here next year.

Just saying.
If that's true, put JC on the bench so he doesn't get hurt or continue his poor play and he has some value in the off-season.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #959
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I'm all for moving Campbell if we could get something for him. But I dont see it. I think the FO's attempt earlier this year to trade him proved that....
Well, they could have moved him to Tampa for a second/third round pick if they had been more punctual (Tampa pulled out, not coincidentally, after KSU's pro day), but the whole plan was bad from the beginning. Have you seen what Cutler is doing this year? Campbell has never had a game as bad as Cutler has had against either Green Bay or Cincinnati this year.

If we traded Campbell at this point, we'd likely get a late round draft pick or a backup QB. But there will be a lot of QBs released from their contracts this offseason who we can bring in. The free agent class is Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper and a bunch of nobodies, but I could see any of the following players released:

Matt Hasselbeck
Mark Bulger
Kellen Clemens
Tavaris Jackson
Alex Smith
Shaun Hill
Billy Volek
Brodie Croyle
Byron Leftwich
Jim Sorgi
Chris Simms

Of course, the only two players on that list that would represent an upgrade over Campbell are Hasselbeck and Pennington...who are both injury risks.

I think we'll address QB in the draft, but not in the first round.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #960
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,946
Re: Campbell's numbers dont lie

Pennington's career is likely over, and besides having an absolutley shot, raggedy throwing arm that never had strength to begin with, i dont see how he would make the difference here. The team needs the throw downfield. Chad is a great QB bu he never had the arm even in his prime before all the injuries....
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41770 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25