Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Laron Landry!?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #46
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 567
Re: Laron Landry!?

LaRon Landry is not a great player. So far he's a wasted draft choice unless he starts playing much better (and smarter!).
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
or he's trying too hard to make those plays

maybe one of these days I'll have the patience to review tape
Thats the feeling I get when watching him play.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #48
Impact Rookie
 
dmvskinzfan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 968
Re: Laron Landry!?

He improved his play last game. Not to the point where he needs to be. But atleast he was making tackles.
__________________
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
LaRon Landry is not a great player. So far he's a wasted draft choice unless he starts playing much better (and smarter!).
Laron Landry is about as good as a FS as Brian Orakpo is at LB.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #50
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Laron Landry is about as good as a FS as Brian Orakpo is at LB.
Great point. We are playing two of our most talented defensive players out of position, then we wonder why they have problems. It is time to see whether Kareem Moore can play FS to allow Laron to move back to SS. Likewise, Orakpo should be playing with his hand in the dirt every play.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Great point. We are playing two of our most talented defensive players out of position, then we wonder why they have problems. It is time to see whether Kareem Moore can play FS to allow Laron to move back to SS. Likewise, Orakpo should be playing with his hand in the dirt every play.
I thought Smoot was going to play a little safety this year? I know he's been injured but i thought it would be a great way to get Laron closer to the line and it would allow Smoot to extend his career. Anybody hear anything about this lately?
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #52
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 49
Posts: 3,069
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I thought Smoot was going to play a little safety this year? I know he's been injured but i thought it would be a great way to get Laron closer to the line and it would allow Smoot to extend his career. Anybody hear anything about this lately?
Smoot has become a non-factor. As long as we're going to give Tryon his snaps, why not try Moore at FS? Laron is great in the box and has been our best blitzing DB since arriving. His speed to the ball is wasted when he's lining up 20 yards downfield. He made a great play on D. Williams deep in the red zone because he was lined up near the line of scrimmage. Move him there more often, and he will make big plays much more frequently.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #53
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 30
Posts: 2,726
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Smoot has become a non-factor. As long as we're going to give Tryon his snaps, why not try Moore at FS? Laron is great in the box and has been our best blitzing DB since arriving. His speed to the ball is wasted when he's lining up 20 yards downfield. He made a great play on D. Williams deep in the red zone because he was lined up near the line of scrimmage. Move him there more often, and he will make big plays much more frequently.
I couldn't agree more. What a waste of talent it is to have Laron playing so deep just to prevent the big play.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #54
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Laron Landry!?

It's funny how in '07 when he was playing SS nobody was bashing him, but when ST died people are wanting to get rid of him. We have to realize LL natural position was SS before Taylor died and it worked, so if we draft a true FS or give Moore a look we'd see more results.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #55
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,758
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
It's funny how in '07 when he was playing SS nobody was bashing him, but when ST died people are wanting to get rid of him. We have to realize LL natural position was SS before Taylor died and it worked, so if we draft a true FS or give Moore a look we'd see more results.
Was he missing a lot of tackles then?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #56
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Laron Landry!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
It's funny how in '07 when he was playing SS nobody was bashing him, but when ST died people are wanting to get rid of him. We have to realize LL natural position was SS before Taylor died and it worked, so if we draft a true FS or give Moore a look we'd see more results.
uhh we played him as SS

he was a FS in college, so that's what I'd say his "natural" position was

he is good at FS, but we haven't had anyone we trust to stand in the end zone from the first offensive play on
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #57
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,391
Re: Laron Landry!?

He played FS in college but we never had any intention of playing him there when we drafted him. He played there in college for the same reason he plays it here. He was the best option. I would like to see Moore play most or all of a game at FS and Laron at SS. If we can play Orakpo at LB I don't see why we can't try that.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #58
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Laron Landry!?

well we had Sean so yeah definitely no intention
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #59
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,132
Re: Laron Landry!?

Is Westbrook better than our 3rd round pick Kevin Barnes? You mean to tell me Barnes can't even play special teams and we spent a 3rd pick on this guy. Wow this sh*t is ridiculas. Maybe because we had Tryon and Westbrook we should have you our 3rd round on a O-Lineman. If we are going to go 4-12 we better play all our young s to see what that have or cut their loses for next season.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Laron Landry!?

I wonder if Landry will commit to film study enough to start making plays like this:

NFL Videos: Ravens Defense Highlight, WK 05 vs. Bengals 2009
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26894 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25