Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #136
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
I'm just letting all these fans know...take your Skins glasses off if you want to be taken seriously or make it seem like you know anything about football.

I'm tired of all these people operating off of their blind hope and we need fans to start thinking more judiciously when it comes to this team.

If there is one thing that this team needs right now it is a knowledgeable fan who can let Skins managment know that the product on the field is not compentent, nor is the team structure.
Guess what, this week people are gonna predict a Skins win over the Chiefs. Crazy I know. Why is predicting/hoping for a win such a crime? Part of being a fan involves having some hope every week.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #137
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Guess what, this week people are gonna predict a Skins win over the Chiefs. Crazy I know. Why is predicting/hoping for a win such a crime? Part of being a fan involves having some hope every week.
If this was a prediction site or a handicapping website than predict all you want...shame on me for entertaining that at that point.


Being that this site is for the knowledgeable fan I would expect that the people I'm talking to understand football, the NFL and how competitive football is played. Making a prediction that has no basis in real life factors is just foolish.


I don't listen to a weatherman because he has a map behind him. It's because he knows what the hell he is saying.

Save predictions for Nostradamus if you're not an informed fan.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #138
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
I'm just letting all these fans know...take your Skins glasses off if you want to be taken seriously or make it seem like you know anything about football.

I'm tired of all these people operating off of their blind hope and we need fans to start thinking more judiciously when it comes to this team.

If there is one thing that this team needs right now it is a knowledgeable fan who can let Skins managment know that the product on the field is not compentent, nor is the managment structure.
Ok, I'll predict we lose every game here on out and all our starters will get injured....do you take me seriously now?

We're not good right now, we all know that. But it's not going to stop people from rooting for the Redskins and believing they can win. You're a genius for telling us all how stupid we all are for having some hope. Kind of like how much of a genius you were when you told us all we would start the year 1-4.

Based on most of your posts (Snyder doesn't care about beating the Cowboys because he and Jerry Jones are friends), you're probably the last person who should call out people for not knowing anything about football.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #139
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 572
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

After watching the Redskins/Carolina game, I've concluded that it's not the coaching that is making us losers. I've got to hand it to Zorn, he has refused to throw his players under the bus just like Blatche refused to. Zorn found out the problem isn't JC, it's the offensive line, literally. They are truly offensive!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #140
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
If this was a prediction site or a handicapping website than predict all you want...shame on me for entertaining that at that point.


Being that this site is for the knowledgeable fan I would expect that the people I'm talking to understand football, the NFL and how competitive football is played. Making a prediction that has no basis in real life factors is just foolish.


I don't listen to a weatherman because he has a map behind him. It's because he knows what the hell he is saying.

Save predictions for Nostradamus if you're not an informed fan.
Just because not everyone shares in your doom and gloom attitude it doesn't make them any less knowledgeable. Sounds like you're ticked because you put your faith in some stranger's prediction on a internet message board, (why I'm still not sure), but honestly you're sounding and acting like this:

__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #141
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Ok, I'll predict we lose every game here on out and all our starters will get injured....do you take me seriously now?

We're not good right now, we all know that. But it's not going to stop people from rooting for the Redskins and believing they can win. You're a genius for telling us all how stupid we all are for having some hope. Kind of like how much of a genius you were when you told us all we would start the year 1-4.

Based on most of your posts (Snyder doesn't care about beating the Cowboys because he and Jerry Jones are friends), you're probably the last person who should call out people for not knowing anything about football.
You always love mixing it up.

I suppose you feel you have more football intuition because you're a moderator for an unofficial redskins message board.

Feel free to personally paraphrase out of context what I've previously posted. I fully stand by what I post on here and am not ashamed of it:

The Warpath

Look for yourself, most of what I post is accurate.

I have a memory too...I remember you wanting to trade high draft picks for Chad Johnson. If that is some kind of special moderator inituition than I don't want it. If I'm the last person to call someone out then you're sure as hell not the first.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #142
Impact Rookie
 
JLee9718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 572
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I didn't see a solid defense, not in the Steelers/Raven mold. I saw a good one, and we shoulda won the game. But the HC didn't lose it for us. What has Vinny given the Z-man to work with?
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #143
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Because he made me believe that we were going to win and he told me to Trust him.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt even though I knew full well that we don't have the facilities to do so. I took this guys blind hope over common sense and look what happens.

I just hope that doesn't happen to other Skins fans. Also I'd like people to be accountable for what they predict and not just swinging hope to the masses when it's obvious there was none.
Tee....I have supported you alot but this is some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. That guy didn't make you believe a damn thing. You know it and I know it. It's easy to sit back and predict the worse. Thankfully everyone doesn't work that way. Repeating that there is a problem over and over doesn't make someone a genius. If you don't believe we'll win as long as Snyder is owner..fine. Newsflash...Snyder is going to be the owner for a very long time. Is it your intention to continue with the doom and gloom for the entire length of his ownership? Spare us please. Despite your continual bitching some of us prefer to have hope. It's sad that that seems to irritate you.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #144
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Tee....I have supported you alot but this is some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. That guy didn't make you believe a damn thing. You know it and I know it. It's easy to sit back and predict the worse. Thankfully everyone doesn't work that way. Repeating that there is a problem over and over doesn't make someone a genius. If you don't believe we'll win as long as Snyder is owner..fine. Newsflash...Snyder is going to be the owner for a very long time. Is it your intention to continue with the doom and gloom for the entire length of his ownership? Spare us please. Despite your continual bitching some of us prefer to have hope. It's sad that that seems to irritate you.
Snyder can be owner and we can be successful, if he steps back from influencing the roster.

If you're telling me that is impossible for him to step away from influencing the roster then I'm telling you that it is not. If the owner's bottom line is affected adversely by the fallout of his personal influence on our roster then it's not impossible to get him to step back.

I don't want an owner change...that's not going to change our outlook. Him stepping back from our front office will change things and that is possible.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #145
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Tee....I have supported you alot but this is some of the biggest BS I have ever heard. That guy didn't make you believe a damn thing. You know it and I know it. It's easy to sit back and predict the worse. Thankfully everyone doesn't work that way. Repeating that there is a problem over and over doesn't make someone a genius. If you don't believe we'll win as long as Snyder is owner..fine. Newsflash...Snyder is going to be the owner for a very long time. Is it your intention to continue with the doom and gloom for the entire length of his ownership? Spare us please. Despite your continual bitching some of us prefer to have hope. It's sad that that seems to irritate you.
Good post. Some seem to thrive on the negativity and are ticked when others don't follow suit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #146
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
You always love mixing it up.

I suppose you feel you have more football intuition because you're a moderator for an unofficial redskins message board.

Feel free to personally paraphrase out of context what I've previously posted. I fully stand by what I post on here and am not ashamed of it:

The Warpath

Look for yourself, most of what I post is accurate, which is the least I can say for you.

I have a memory too...I remember you wanting to trade high draft picks for Chad Johnson. If that is some kind of special moderator inituition than I don't want it. If I'm the last person to call someone out then you're sure as hell not the first.
I don't even know where to begin with this. I guess I'll just address the last point. Yes, I was in support of trading a first rounder and a conditional 3rd (and no more than that) for Chad Johnson. I believe what I had said then was I thought he was worth trading for so long as it didn't involve more than one first rounder and it didn't impede our ability to make other moves. I also thought London Fletcher was a mistake. But I was wrong. I thought the Redskins would beat the Panthers...and I was wrong there too.

I've been wrong before multiple times, you've been wrong, Matty's been wrong, 53Fan's been wrong...and so on. It happens.

As for that whole moderator intuition nonsense...well it's just nonsense. I don't think being a moderator on here makes me any more knowledgeable than any non-moderator on here-SS33, GTripp, Schneed, 70Chip, saden as some examples.

Anyhow, perhaps I was a bit harsh in my original post to you because I thought it was kind of ridiculous of you to make a big deal out of warpaint's prediction. Like you had money riding on the game or something based on his prediction.

Anyway, I apologize, think you do contribute as a valuable member of this board and hope we can just move forward. Didn't mean to go all CP on you...Skinny Sellers
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #147
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,561
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
You always love mixing it up.

I suppose you feel you have more football intuition because you're a moderator for an unofficial redskins message board.

Feel free to personally paraphrase out of context what I've previously posted. I fully stand by what I post on here and am not ashamed of it:

The Warpath

Look for yourself, most of what I post is accurate.

I have a memory too...I remember you wanting to trade high draft picks for Chad Johnson. If that is some kind of special moderator inituition than I don't want it. If I'm the last person to call someone out then you're sure as hell not the first.
Is that supposed to be an insult? Because that's pretty laughable. Being a moderator has nothing to do with having an opinion. And believe me there's nothing great about being the official Redskins message board. There's a reason why alot of the original mods and creators have gone off and started up a new "unofficial" board.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #148
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this. I guess I'll just address the last point. Yes, I was in support of trading a first rounder and a conditional 3rd (and no more than that) for Chad Johnson. I believe what I had said then was I thought he was worth trading for so long as it didn't involve more than one first rounder and it didn't impede our ability to make other moves. I also thought London Fletcher was a mistake. But I was wrong. I thought the Redskins would beat the Panthers...and I was wrong there too.

I've been wrong before multiple times, you've been wrong, Matty's been wrong, 53Fan's been wrong...and so on. It happens.

As for that whole moderator intuition nonsense...well it's just nonsense. I don't think being a moderator on here makes me any more knowledgeable than any non-moderator on here-SS33, GTripp, Schneed, 70Chip, saden as some examples.

Anyhow, perhaps I was a bit harsh in my original post to you because I thought it was kind of ridiculous of you to make a big deal out of warpaint's prediction. Like you had money riding on the game or something based on his prediction.

Anyway, I apologize, think you do contribute as a valuable member of this board and hope we can just move forward. Didn't mean to go all CP on you...Skinny Sellers
Are you kidding?...Man, usually you're going for my throat for the opinions I have. This is actually a very kind response and I appreciate it SmootSmack.

I guess I can be overbearing with how much I would like change at the top. It seems like it's possible though if everyone kind of agrees and can uniformly point to that as a problem. I suppose I can lighten up with my contentions as I may overstate them.

Thanks for saying that and I know we do disagree on occasion but it's never anything I hate anyone over. My apologies to you Smooty if I've said anything that you took personally. We're all Skins fans here and I'm glad we can discuss topics and still root for Skins in the end.

I appreciate your insight as well, to include your "special moderator intutition"
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #149
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Are you kidding?...Man, usually you're going for my throat for the opinions I have. This is actually a very kind response and I appreciate it SmootSmack.

I guess I can be overbearing with how much I would like change at the top. It seems like it's possible though if everyone kind of agrees and can uniformly points to that as a problem. I suppose I can lighten up with my contentions as I may overstate them.

Thanks for saying that and I know we do disagree on occasion but it's never anything I hate anyone over. My apologies to you Smooty if I've said anything that you took personally. We're all Skins fans here and I'm glad we can discuss topics and still root for Skins in the end.

I appreciate your insight as well, to include your "special moderator intutition"
Honestly the only time I really remember going after you in an aggressive manner was the whole Snyder and Jones are friends thing. I thought that was a bit extreme...and it made any other valid points you had seem irrelevant.

But anyway bygones...Redskins 35 Chiefs 3 on Sunday. Call your bookie
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #150
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Just because not everyone shares in your doom and gloom attitude it doesn't make them any less knowledgeable. Sounds like you're ticked because you put your faith in some stranger's prediction on a internet message board, (why I'm still not sure), but honestly you're sounding and acting like this:

LMAO.....! But Matty isn't putting your baby pictures up on the board just wrong......just sayin.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.40038 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25