Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 50
Posts: 4,495
What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I think these next two weeks of football will tell the tale of how are season is going to unfold. We NEED to capitalize on both Carolina, then KC. If we can get two wins the next two weeks well who knows.

I do think both these games are MUST WIN games for the SKINS to have any chance to a positive outcome of this season.

I would be pleasantly surprised to see us start in Carolina, picking up where we left off in the 3rd quarter of the Bucs game. Being that was for the most part the only quarter we played, and yes the D did play the 4th also. We have to play 60 minutes of football to win this game against a starving Carolina team that is ready to pop a teams bubble, not that we have much of one to pop.....but if we do play with the same effort in the game as we played in the 3rd quarter of last week and just add 45 more minutes of solid play I like our chances.

If we do the usual, we will get chewed up.

Thoughts on this weeks game?
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I couldn't believe we barely beat the Rams while dominating the offensive game. I was blown away how pathetic we could look two weeks in a row vs the Lions. I was shocked we were losing 10-0 to the bucs, and eventually felt we were gonna get smashed. Somehow we won.

The point is I have no clue about this team. I know they aren't that good of a team. At the same time I wouldn't put it past them to somehow pull of a win.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Special Teams
 
atomicnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 28
Posts: 174
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Another disappointing loss.
atomicnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,521
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

im expecting a loss and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.I dont see how anyone watching this team would expect a win
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
I think these next two weeks of football will tell the tale of how are season is going to unfold. We NEED to capitalize on both Carolina, then KC. If we can get two wins the next two weeks well who knows.

I do think both these games are MUST WIN games for the SKINS to have any chance to a positive outcome of this season.

I would be pleasantly surprised to see us start in Carolina, picking up where we left off in the 3rd quarter of the Bucs game. Being that was for the most part the only quarter we played, and yes the D did play the 4th also. We have to play 60 minutes of football to win this game against a starving Carolina team that is ready to pop a teams bubble, not that we have much of one to pop.....but if we do play with the same effort in the game as we played in the 3rd quarter of last week and just add 45 more minutes of solid play I like our chances.

If we do the usual, we will get chewed up.

Thoughts on this weeks game?
I think we will win it, but ugly yet again since Carolina does have a great pass defense. We win for the simple fact we have a more potent offense than they do. If the Panthers score more than 13 on us I will be surprised. Delhomme is really stinking up the joint this year. I agree with you about us needing to play a full 60 minutes of good, solid football, but this team hasn't been able to do that since at least the Spurrier era.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #6
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
im expecting a loss and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.I dont see how anyone watching this team would expect a win
I started doing this after the Rams game and it is definitely easier to watch games.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,563
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I expect a good effort from the team Sunday. I think the team was pretty excited after the win last Sunday and hopefully the guys can carry it over. Our offense cannot go scoreless in the first half this week and expect a win like we have done the last couple weeks. We need to get a touchdown and contain D.Williams in the first half. Put the pressure on Jake the second half to throw to beat us and aggressively come after him. I think we should be able to run this game with all their injuries to that D Line. Praying for a win.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I also think we will beat KC, but after that it will get dicey. The Eagles twice, the Gmen rematch, and the Saints will probably all result in losses. The Raiders are next to the Rams as the worst team in the league. The Cowboys are in play though as Romo is sucking monkey balls. I guess Jessica Simpson did help him a bit!!!!! I still say we will only split with the Boys just because of our history of doing so even if we did field a superior team. Atlanta is a probable loss unless they come in banged up. Denver could go either way. San Diego is a probable loss, but with Norv you never know. Thing is by week 17 LT might be totally healthy. I see us again around .500.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I think we will win it, but ugly yet again since Carolina does have a great pass defense. We win for the simple fact we have a more potent offense than they do. If the Panthers score more than 13 on us I will be surprised. Delhomme is really stinking up the joint this year. I agree with you about us needing to play a full 60 minutes of good, solid football, but this team hasn't been able to do that since at least the Spurrier era.
That's debatable. They have actually played some real competition. I doubt our Offensive numbers would be much better against the Iggles, Falcons and Cowboys.

And that's because we have been starting QBs that couldn't start anywhere else in the NFL for almost a decade now.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
That's debatable. They have actually played some real competition. I doubt our Offensive numbers would be much better against the Iggles, Falcons and Cowboys.

And that's because we have been starting QBs that couldn't start anywhere else in the NFL for almost a decade now.

I agree with you about being debatable with regards to the Panthers, but I think JC could start on most teams in the NFL with the exception of the teams with the cream of the crop(Mannings, Brees, Favre, Big Ben, Brady) If he does leave DC on his own he will be getting plenty of calls as he enters FA. With the exception of the top teams, the QB situation in the rest of the league is pretty dicey. Look at TB, Jacksonville, Oakland, Miami, Carolina, KC, Cleveland, hell even Tennessee. JC could get the starting gig on any of those teams easy.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

I disagree, but we'll see. I predict the best he'll get is an offer to compete for a starting job at some cruddy team. I sincerely believe there won't be a single team in the NFL that will sign him to be their uncontested starter. I think those teams you mentioned will be looking to go in another direction. But I could be wrong, and we'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #12
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I agree with you about being debatable with regards to the Panthers, but I think JC could start on most teams in the NFL with the exception of the teams with the cream of the crop(Mannings, Brees, Favre, Big Ben, Brady) If he does leave DC on his own he will be getting plenty of calls as he enters FA. With the exception of the top teams, the QB situation in the rest of the league is pretty dicey. Look at TB, Jacksonville, Oakland, Miami, Carolina, KC, Cleveland, hell even Tennessee. JC could get the starting gig on any of those teams easy.
For the record, I don't necessarily believe those teams have better QBs, with the exception of Jacksonville, but I do believe they will be looking to improve their situation differently. I don't think there's a single team in the NFL that looks at JC thinking they can build a winning team around him. At best, he'll be a short term solution for a rebuilding team. Parcell's definitely ain't taking him.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #13
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Anemic offense, solid defense, close game, basically what we've seen for the last five years. I am predicting a loss. If none of the unproven olinemen and receivers are going to step up and become viable this season then this team is sunk. While I think the right side of the line played a little bit better against Tampa, the young receivers are looking like the three stooges right now. And Carolina still has a lot of talent. Panthers win.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #14
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

Good point. Not saying they are going to take him as a franchise guy, but there is a lot of bad Qbing going on, and JC is better than most of the slobs on the teams I mentioned above. You are probably right. JC will be the guy they bring in until they draft or land a hot FA QB.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #15
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: What do you expect in our Week 5, Skins vs. Panthers matchup

loss 24-10
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39185 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25