Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sources: Gruden the front runner

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #151
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 38
Posts: 4,620
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Wouldn't it be something if suddenly things just start to click with Smith or Gray as head coach? Snyder is going to be like "Uh oh. I wasn't expecting this"
It would certainly be something, however the likelihood of Smith or Gray continuing as head coach if tabbed with the job would be determined by the ability of Snyder getting the attention of one of the highly touted head coaches out there looking for work. With names like Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren on the tips of everyones' tongues, I don't see Snyder passing them up, especially after the "disaster" that Zorn has been.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #152
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,256
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
It would certainly be something, however the likelihood of Smith or Gray continuing as head coach if tabbed with the job would be determined by the ability of Snyder getting the attention of one of the highly touted head coaches out there looking for work. With names like Gruden, Cowher, Shanahan, and Holmgren on the tips of everyones' tongues, I don't see Snyder passing them up, especially after the "disaster" that Zorn has been.
Make Holmgren the President, Jerry Gray HC, and Turner Gill OC!!!!!



I just hope we do our research, I mean really do our research...as in Shanahan is not a good judge of talent (or character)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #153
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,074
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Make Holmgren the President, Jerry Gray HC, and Turner Gill OC!!!!!



I just hope we do our research, I mean really do our research...as in Shanahan is not a good judge of talent (or character)
Will Denver's fast start reflect poorly on Shanahan? - AFC West - ESPN
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #154
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 29
Posts: 15,994
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Make Holmgren the President, Jerry Gray HC, and Turner Gill OC!!!!!



I just hope we do our research, I mean really do our research...as in Shanahan is not a good judge of talent (or character)
"Clinton, who taught you this 'zero cut' running style?"
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #155
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Make Holmgren the President, Jerry Gray HC, and Turner Gill OC!!!!!



I just hope we do our research, I mean really do our research...as in Shanahan is not a good judge of talent (or character)
That's the main thing. I hope we do our research and do it the right way. We don't have to get a name coach, although some out there are good candidates.

That said if history is an indicator then i'm really concerned. I'm sure it will be a "name" guy. I guess that's better than a Jim Zorn though.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #156
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Ya know whats really funny, Norv is an excellent OC but sucks as a HC. While with the Skins the team seemed stuck in the mudd, lethargic, never going anywhere. He left us and picked up a few jobs but when he was an OC he shined and offenses did well. Then he gets the San Diego job and now I hear he is losing the fan base due to the same reasons as when he was with us.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #157
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Report: Louisville wants Gruden | ProFootballTalk.com

College ranks vying for Gruden
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 PM   #158
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,256
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Unless it's Notre Dame I'd be surprised if he goes to the college ranks. He'll be a prime candidate for the NFL next offseason
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #159
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,074
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Yep Mike Lombardi mentioned it on the NFL network, still not done deal and if Danny fires Zorn there's that speculation.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #160
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 46
Posts: 2,659
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Louisville...my god are they out of their minds! Who do they think they are even putting Gruden on their list? Gruden is on Monday Night Football and is a candidate for like a half dozen NFL openings, but he's supposed to give that up to coach a basketball schools football program? I also heard that Temple has Bill Parcells #1 on their list! ND is the only school that Gruden would even take a call from.
__________________
Section 116 Row 19

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #161
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 18,500
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Louisville...my god are they out of their minds! Who do they think they are even putting Gruden on their list? Gruden is on Monday Night Football and is a candidate for like a half dozen NFL openings, but he's supposed to give that up to coach a basketball schools football program? I also heard that Temple has Bill Parcells #1 on their list! ND is the only school that Gruden would even take a call from.
And Maryland wants Shanny or Holmgren. LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #162
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 46
Posts: 2,659
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Aside from the rediculous Louisville Gruden nonsense, the interesting thing that Lombardi said on NFL Network last night was that he thinks the main reason Snyder may want to can Zorn during the season is so that he can talk to the big name candidates out in the open without having to worry about sneaking around behind the current coaches back.
__________________
Section 116 Row 19

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #163
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 11,988
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

This team is a total mess.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #164
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Someone I work with said they were up late last night watching ESPN360 and it was mentioned by one of the announcers that their top level inside source at Redskins Park informed them that there is already a deal in place with Gruden to be the next HC along with Gruden having front office authority of some type. Supposedly Snyder is not happy and has not spoken to Vinny or Zorn in the last few days to a week. Rumor is Zorn will be cut and Vinny will be let go. Supposedly, again rumor, is Snyder didn't want Zorn as OC or HC and Cerrato talked Snyder into picking up Zorn as OC. Then no coach's wanted Zorn as their OC and they started backing out of the HCing hunt. Again it was Cerrato who swindled Snyder into believing Zorn would be a good HC so they named Zorn the HC.

I did not hear this so I am only passing along rumor's as of right now but if anyone else heard it perhaps you can clarify. I looked all over and can't find it being discussed anywhere.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #165
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,256
Re: Sources: Gruden the front runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Someone I work with said they were up late last night watching ESPN360 and it was mentioned by one of the announcers that their top level inside source at Redskins Park informed them that there is already a deal in place with Gruden to be the next HC along with Gruden having front office authority of some type. Supposedly Snyder is not happy and has not spoken to Vinny or Zorn in the last few days to a week. Rumor is Zorn will be cut and Vinny will be let go. Supposedly, again rumor, is Snyder didn't want Zorn as OC or HC and Cerrato talked Snyder into picking up Zorn as OC. Then no coach's wanted Zorn as their OC and they started backing out of the HCing hunt. Again it was Cerrato who swindled Snyder into believing Zorn would be a good HC so they named Zorn the HC.

I did not hear this so I am only passing along rumor's as of right now but if anyone else heard it perhaps you can clarify. I looked all over and can't find it being discussed anywhere.
Why would ESPN360 be talking about this? I'll go back and check if you can tell me what he was watching, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe you meant ESPN980

Not to dispute what you've written about Gruden, my top level Gruden source (and it's a really good source) says nothing is in place with Gruden (although this same source says Bruce Allen and Snyder did speak earlier this week...but they always talk to each other)

Snyder let Cerrato choose the HC. And after alienating both Williams and Fassel, Cerrato suggested Zorn. So yeah that's on Cerrato...but I don't think Snyder will fire Vinny so much as give him a reduced role. He'll have say, just not final say.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15473 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25