Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Redskins Locker Room


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonandblack30 View Post
Rush is the man...have any of you bashing him, actually listened to him? He is far from racist...

Have any of you actually heard him ever say anything racist or are you just trusting what you hear from the media?

Excellent post. I have listened to him and even watched his TV show in the early 90s.

I have never heard a racist remark from him.

The media likes to twist what he says, piece together random remarks and even attribute when he is QUOTING OTHERS to him to make him "sound" racist so their immature insults have some validity to themselves...but he is one of the most generous and nonracist people alive.


Since I know someone will throw it out AGAIN, as ESPN has moronically been doing all week...look at the circus whenever a black QB goes to the Super Bowl. Doug Williams saw it, McNair saw it, McNabb saw it...so how can anyone paying attention disagree with the fact that the league and media does push for black QB to win. MLB does the same thing with their constantly-celebrated Latino nights at the ballpark, Spanish-adorned jerseys for teams in SF, Milwaukee, Florida and others...and even a Home Run Derby with players identified by their races/backgrounds. I, nor Rush, ever said the pro sports leagues and media are RACIST, but many things they do ARE RACIALLY-MOTIVATED.


It's a sad day in America when thugs like Sharpton and Jackson can make threats and get their way...and unfortunately it's becoming common-place. Limbaugh was just a man with self-made money that wants to bring a failing NFL franchise back to credibility because he's a fan of the game. For someone with those intentions to be denied because some true racists intimidate people, that's pathetic and incredibly close-minded.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #32
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's wise if they want their bid to be taken seriously, that's all I'm saying.
Great reasoning and facts backing up your argument.

As usual, the liberals make their decisions based on emotion and force their way upon others.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #33
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse E. Timmons View Post
you guys should actually listen to rush, instead of just listening to the comments the media takes out of context.
That would require some actual open-minded thoughts and may even cause them to realize they may have been wrong...a risk most people do not like to take.

Besides, their Messiah hates him, so they feel they should too.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #34
Camp Scrub
 
DAVID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 20
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Before judging Rush's inapporiate statement, have you ever make inapporiate statements ?

It's not ok for Rush to be in NFL, but it's ok for dog killer(M.Vick) to be in NFL.

Redskins fans deserve to have 4-12 season.
DAVID is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #35
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Great reasoning and facts backing up your argument.

As usual, the liberals make their decisions based on emotion and force their way upon others.
Not sure how much reasoning or facts really is needed. Other owners have already said that their bid with Rush would face strong opposition. So it only makes sense if they want their bid to be taken seriously to drop Rush. What's so hard to understand about that?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #36
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,929
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

He's not racist. Not even close. Un politcally correct sure but he isn't racist. Just mentioning race within the context of a discussion about issues seems to get some people riled up and Rush that's what Rush does best. Get people riled up. He's done it long enough that his opponents have perpetuated the big lie scheme and now "he's racist". Just like Dubya is dumb. Or Clinton is a womanizer. All big lies. Most politicians aren't as evil or nefarious as their opponents would have everyone believe. Or more correctly they aren't anymore evil and nefarious as the guy or girl sitting in then cubical next to you. Rush is just a loud mouth.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #37
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,008
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I have no problem with Rush owning an NFL team. That's his prerogative. But I also think that if a person has a perception of being racist, fair or not, chances are they have a history of saying or doing things that may warrant that label.

I will admit though there is a fine line between being inflamatory and being racist.
While I do not listen to Rush to much as I find his...style irritating. I do however agree with some of what he says. I think many are put off by the arrogant, know it all character he has parlayed into the (I believe) the most popular radio show in history?
I personally have not heard him make any racist statements, and I don't believe the man is a racist.

rac⋅ism  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uhm] A

–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.


I HAVE heard him make statements that I thought were suprisingly progressive from him on several occasions. Is he provocative? yes. THAT is one of the reasons he is so popular. He also IS NOT politically correct, and says things that we as a society DON'T want to hear, regardless if they are true (in his opinion) or not.
You may have noticed that our society is a little short on truth.....to much PC going on for that.
Anyway, he has the right to say anything he wants. It might cost you in the end for your views as it has, him.
It is the height of hypocrisy when we have a number of players that have killed people...not to mention the Dog torturer, currently playing. Yet, a dude that pisses off some people because he is NOT afraid of popular opinion gets stonewalled. AND, as I heard earlier this morning, if we are to "vet" our NFL owners, I wonder how many will "make the cut".
AND, AND paying ANY serious attention the twin ninny's, jesse and al is a..........ridiculous path
HTTR
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“It’s all the political correct idiots in America, that’s all it is. It’s got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #38
Special Teams
 
SkinEmAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BillysBurg, Va.
Posts: 489
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Not sure how much reasoning or facts really is needed. Other owners have already said that their bid with Rush would face strong opposition. So it only makes sense if they want their bid to be taken seriously to drop Rush. What's so hard to understand about that?
It tells me that they are spineless cowards. The strong opposition would mainly come from the media and the 'anti- rush' crowd. 31 nfl owners voted republican, only 1 did not. Now that does not mean they are all big rush fans, i just dont think the opposition would be as strong as some people are saying.
SkinEmAll is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #39
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID View Post
Before judging Rush's inapporiate statement, have you ever make inapporiate statements ?

It's not ok for Rush to be in NFL, but it's ok for dog killer(M.Vick) to be in NFL.

Redskins fans deserve to have 4-12 season.
What does Rush have to do with the Redskins?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #40
Special Teams
 
SkinEmAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BillysBurg, Va.
Posts: 489
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
While I do not listen to Rush to much as I find his...style irritating. I do however agree with some of what he says. I think many are put off by the arrogant, know it all character he has parlayed into the (I believe) the most popular radio show in history?
I personally have not heard him make any racist statements, and I don't believe the man is a racist.

rac⋅ism  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rey-siz-uhm] A

–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.


I HAVE heard him make statements that I thought were suprisingly progressive from him on several occasions. Is he provocative? yes. THAT is one of the reasons he is so popular. He also IS NOT politically correct, and says things that we as a society DON'T want to hear, regardless if they are true (in his opinion) or not.
You may have noticed that our society is a little short on truth.....to much PC going on for that.
Anyway, he has the right to say anything he wants. It might cost you in the end for your views as it has, him.
It is the height of hypocrisy when we have a number of players that have killed people...not to mention the Dog torturer, currently playing. Yet, a dude that pisses off some people because he is NOT afraid of popular opinion gets stonewalled. AND, as I heard earlier this morning, if we are to "vet" our NFL owners, I wonder how many will "make the cut".
AND, AND paying ANY serious attention the twin ninny's, jesse and al is a..........ridiculous path
HTTR


nicely done.
SkinEmAll is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #41
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

If he wants to pursue it, he has a legitimate case for a lawsuit. He's being financially-harmed because he's being dropped from this over slanderous/libelous things and many things he has never said...but if the media repeats things often enough, some people will believe them.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #42
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
What does Rush have to do with the Redskins?
Ask the OP.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #43
Special Teams
 
SkinEmAll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: BillysBurg, Va.
Posts: 489
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Was Al Sharpton trying to buy a team? Some people ae so racist and retarded (and dont even know it). A political affiliation should not be treated like your rooting for a sports team that has no affect on your life. This country was f'd before Obama took it over. You are probably one of the idiots that voted for Bush again after he stole the first election. You probably are a closet racist. Where have you been the past 8 yrs. I am gald the owners stood up and cancelled Rush. Its refreshing to see that people stand up for something besides making money. Unless they stood up because this could affect their money. Either way. Bye Rush. You fat pill-popping racist, gyrating bowl of rancid jelly!! Karma is a byotch!!

wow. so very typical, not worth a response. moving on...
SkinEmAll is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #44
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
He's not racist. Not even close. Un politcally correct sure but he isn't racist. Just mentioning race within the context of a discussion about issues seems to get some people riled up and Rush that's what Rush does best. Get people riled up. He's done it long enough that his opponents have perpetuated the big lie scheme and now "he's racist". Just like Dubya is dumb. Or Clinton is a womanizer. All big lies. Most politicians aren't as evil or nefarious as their opponents would have everyone believe. Or more correctly they aren't anymore evil and nefarious as the guy or girl sitting in then cubical next to you. Rush is just a loud mouth.
All decent points except for the "Clinton is not a womanizer." part. That's been well-documented.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #45
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Sources: Checketts to drop Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinEmAll View Post
wow. so very typical, not worth a response. moving on...
Typical liberal.

And people try to say Rush is the person who is hateful?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34139 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25