Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,551
I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a President of Football Operations as soon as is practicable. That person needs to be someone with unquestioned NFL credentials. Beyond that, and this part is critical, he needs to be someone for whom Dan Snyder has the utmost respect, trust, faith and confidence. He also needs to be someone that Snyder likes personally. Then DS can feel comfortable turning over the reins to that person.

If the right person is currently available, then there's no reason why he couldn't be brought on board right away. There's no need to make any pronouncements about the state of the team or the status of the current Head Coach. He would just take over and then we'd see where it goes from there.

I don't see any reason why Vinny Cerratto could not have a role in the new FO structure, as long as Vinny is comfortable with the idea of staying on.

I'm not suggesting that the new President should come on board and just observe for any period of time. I think that he should make any moves that he feels are needed at the times that he feels are appropriate.

I would be disappointed to know that there is a search for a new coach going on right now. I would much prefer that a President of Football Operations be hired right away. Let him decide on who the Head Coach and the players will be going forward.

Truly, if Dan Snyder would just go ahead and hire the right man to lead the football side of the business then I would relax and not be overly concerned about what the future holds for the Redskins.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Special Teams
 
duetsch215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Richmond (School at ODU)
Posts: 100
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

fully agree
duetsch215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,803
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
I lol'd.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,026
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a President of Football Operations as soon as is practicable. That person needs to be someone with unquestioned NFL credentials. Beyond that, and this part is critical, he needs to be someone for whom Dan Snyder has the utmost respect, trust, faith and confidence. He also needs to be someone that Snyder likes personally. Then DS can feel comfortable turning over the reins to that person.

If the right person is currently available, then there's no reason why he couldn't be brought on board right away. There's no need to make any pronouncements about the state of the team or the status of the current Head Coach. He would just take over and then we'd see where it goes from there.

I don't see any reason why Vinny Cerratto could not have a role in the new FO structure, as long as Vinny is comfortable with the idea of staying on.

I'm not suggesting that the new President should come on board and just observe for any period of time. I think that he should make any moves that he feels are needed at the times that he feels are appropriate.

I would be disappointed to know that there is a search for a new coach going on right now. I would much prefer that a President of Football Operations be hired right away. Let him decide on who the Head Coach and the players will be going forward.

Truly, if Dan Snyder would just go ahead and hire the right man to lead the football side of the business then I would relax and not be overly concerned about what the future holds for the Redskins.
It would be great if we had a Parcells-type figure as long as Danny let him do his job properly.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

When Joe Gibbs was hired, Danny Boy and Joe Gibbs said that Gibbs was the President of Football Operations.

Later it was revealed that when Joe Gibbs and Vinny could not agree on a football matter, Danny Boy cast the tie-breaking vote.

The Skins have had a "Team President" or whatever title you want to hang on the position. It was filled by a "football guy" who Danny Boy professed to have great faith in.

So, how did all that work out...?
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
When Joe Gibbs was hired, Danny Boy and Joe Gibbs said that Gibbs was the President of Football Operations.

Later it was revealed that when Joe Gibbs and Vinny could not agree on a football matter, Danny Boy cast the tie-breaking vote.

The Skins have had a "Team President" or whatever title you want to hang on the position. It was filled by a "football guy" who Danny Boy professed to have great faith in.

So, how did all that work out...?
It's just like it was with JKC then. If the right guy comes along, Shanahan for example (who in my opinion is not the right guy) then he'll be made the Head Coach/President. If our new head coach is Gary Kubiak for example, he probably won't be made President as well.

But yeah ideally somebody is brought on as the President and that person hires the front office execs and the head coach. Technically that guy has been VC, but he seems to be the wrong guy for the job. He's more a Don Breaux (no offense Breaux) than a Joe Gibbs, more a Ringo than a Paul, more a Simon than an Alvin...all this to mean he's not suited to be the "leader"
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #8
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a President of Football Operations as soon as is practicable. That person needs to be someone with unquestioned NFL credentials. Beyond that, and this part is critical, he needs to be someone for whom Dan Snyder has the utmost respect, trust, faith and confidence. He also needs to be someone that Snyder likes personally. Then DS can feel comfortable turning over the reins to that person.

If the right person is currently available, then there's no reason why he couldn't be brought on board right away. There's no need to make any pronouncements about the state of the team or the status of the current Head Coach. He would just take over and then we'd see where it goes from there.

I don't see any reason why Vinny Cerratto could not have a role in the new FO structure, as long as Vinny is comfortable with the idea of staying on.

I'm not suggesting that the new President should come on board and just observe for any period of time. I think that he should make any moves that he feels are needed at the times that he feels are appropriate.

I would be disappointed to know that there is a search for a new coach going on right now. I would much prefer that a President of Football Operations be hired right away. Let him decide on who the Head Coach and the players will be going forward.

Truly, if Dan Snyder would just go ahead and hire the right man to lead the football side of the business then I would relax and not be overly concerned about what the future holds for the Redskins.
It would be the smart thing to do and it would certainly put my mind more at ease about the future of this franchise.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

SmootSmack:

It is very much lilke it was when JKC owned the team. The one exception seems to be that JKC did not meddle in the scouting/drafting/player signing business at all.

Danny Boy bragged to the Wash Post that it was HE who "discovered" Patrick Ramsey.

I don't ever recall JKC being involved in bringing any player to the team in the sense that JKC was the front and center figure. Of course, he signed the checks and he had to give at least tacit approval of the move or it would not have happened, but that is not the aura that surrounds the Skins from 1999 - 2009.

My point in my last post was that Joe Gibbs had already fulfilled the role that is poignantly wished for here. But things just kept on keeping on...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
DFI
Special Teams
 
DFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On the Road
Age: 47
Posts: 230
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a President of Football Operations as soon as is practicable. That person needs to be someone with unquestioned NFL credentials. Beyond that, and this part is critical, he needs to be someone for whom Dan Snyder has the utmost respect, trust, faith and confidence. He also needs to be someone that Snyder likes personally. Then DS can feel comfortable turning over the reins to that person.

If the right person is currently available, then there's no reason why he couldn't be brought on board right away. There's no need to make any pronouncements about the state of the team or the status of the current Head Coach. He would just take over and then we'd see where it goes from there.

I don't see any reason why Vinny Cerratto could not have a role in the new FO structure, as long as Vinny is comfortable with the idea of staying on.

I'm not suggesting that the new President should come on board and just observe for any period of time. I think that he should make any moves that he feels are needed at the times that he feels are appropriate.

I would be disappointed to know that there is a search for a new coach going on right now. I would much prefer that a President of Football Operations be hired right away. Let him decide on who the Head Coach and the players will be going forward.

Truly, if Dan Snyder would just go ahead and hire the right man to lead the football side of the business then I would relax and not be overly concerned about what the future holds for the Redskins.
of course that is the right thing to do, which is exactly why Danny won't do that, to do that would be to admit that he failed....not likely to happen
__________________
'Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.' Don Warren
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,960
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's just like it was with JKC then. If the right guy comes along, Shanahan for example (who in my opinion is not the right guy) then he'll be made the Head Coach/President. If our new head coach is Gary Kubiak for example, he probably won't be made President as well.

But yeah ideally somebody is brought on as the President and that person hires the front office execs and the head coach. Technically that guy has been VC, but he seems to be the wrong guy for the job. He's more a Don Breaux (no offense Breaux) than a Joe Gibbs, more a Ringo than a Paul, more a Simon than an Alvin...all this to mean he's not suited to be the "leader"
Did you just make an analogy using a Hall of Fame coach, one of the greatest bands of all time and a cartoon chipmunk? Well played sir, well played.

I'd like to see a combination of one of the following:
Savage & Shanahan
Allen & Gruden
Chris Polian & Bruce Arians
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,297
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Please take a moment to look at this:
The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts

Of the top 53, there is only one Unrestricted Free Agent being Adam Vinatieri. Then they have claimed three guys off of waivers(four if you count Cody Glenn on the Practice Squad). It appears some of these guys have been on other teams such as Stover and Baskett, but the majority of this team was drafted or rookie free agents. Wow.

I remember in their SuperBowl they said every starter on Offense and Defense was drafted by the team.

No 100 Million dollar future busts. No traded draft picks for guys that will not pan out.

If Chris Polian has learned anything from his Dad, then he should be our guy.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,972
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Did you just make an analogy using a Hall of Fame coach, one of the greatest bands of all time and a cartoon chipmunk? Well played sir, well played.

I'd like to see a combination of one of the following:
Savage & Shanahan
Allen & Gruden
Chris Polian & Bruce Arians
Thank you.

I don't know for a fact but I haven't heard good things about Savage (as a person). And I don't mean to age-discriminate but Arians is older than Zorn, I'd prefer to go young
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,551
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Thank you.

I don't know for a fact but I haven't heard good things about Savage (as a person). And I don't mean to age-discriminate but Arians is older than Zorn, I'd prefer to go young
I'm nearly 62 years old and I agree with you. I'd look for someone who can give it at least ten energetic years. A contemporary of Dan Snyder's wouldn't be a bad thing. They could grow up together.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Impact Rookie
 
Eknox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 528
Re: I'd like to see Dan Snyder hire a Team President.

Chris Polian & Bruce Arians would be my choice, how could you go wrong doing it the way the Colts have?
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31085 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25