Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Should Snyder listen to his players?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,004
Should Snyder listen to his players?

Should Snyder listen to his players? | National Football Post

good read
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,385
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

DS is listening, just not officially. I GUARANTEE he does NOT like all the negative pub his team is getting, and ESPECIALLY all the allegations of incompetence leveled toward both he and VC. What happens as a result remains to be seen...........
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

The picture alone of Snyder is repulsive. I can't help thinking what a pompous, smug little prick he looks like.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

I don't buy into the notion Snyder pays any attention to what's said. In fact I doubt he gives two shits. Look at his ten years as owner...this is a guy who believes he is absolutely the smartest person in any conversation/interaction.

...I will be shocked if he ever really turns over any serious decision-making.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

This really becomes a poll question:

Should Dan Snyder give Coach Zorn a vote of confidence?


I say no. A vote of confidence is usually the kiss of death!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,385
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I don't buy into the notion Snyder pays any attention to what's said. In fact I doubt he gives two shits. Look at his ten years as owner...this is a guy who believes he is absolutely the smartest person in any conversation/interaction.

...I will be shocked if he ever really turns over any serious decision-making.
One thing that I have to give to Dan's side is that basically he has been tried and convicted of being a pompous, cretanic, uncaring bastard, etc on the basis of?????
Anybody had any direct contact with him?
He may be, but to my knowledge, nobody here can.....legitimately substantiate it
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
DFI
Special Teams
 
DFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: On the Road
Age: 47
Posts: 229
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

that's a good read
__________________
'Russ Grimm would swallow his dip by halftime and throw up on somebody's shoes. Jeff Bostic and Mark May were fighting about who'd missed an assignment. And man did Riggo stink from his hangover. But we got it done.' Don Warren
DFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #8
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

A good read and I agree with Matt. You hear so many stories about disgruntled players like Lavar running Snyder into the ground, I was kinda surprised to read Matt say how much Dan is liked by the players. He says he's never seen an owner called out by the players like this before. Will it do any good for Snyder to hear it from the players? I guess we'll see.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
70Chip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manassas
Age: 43
Posts: 3,048
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Snyder should go skiing in Switzerland... until February. Make that June.
__________________
This Monkey's Gone to Heaven
70Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,932
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
One thing that I have to give to Dan's side is that basically he has been tried and convicted of being a pompous, cretanic, uncaring bastard, etc on the basis of?????
Anybody had any direct contact with him?
He may be, but to my knowledge, nobody here can.....legitimately substantiate it
Even if all those things were true and more about Snyder I wouldn't care. I wouldn't even mind Snyder running the player personnel operations and fan club. If the team just played at a descent/respectable level on the field. Other then a few moments under Gibbs II was there brief accomplishment. But Snyder & Ceratto always manage to run the team back into the ground again. His unwillingness to hire a good Gm and let him run the team is what makes fans hate him. Not his exterior or behavior.
Just win baby. The fans will love you again....warts and all.

For every game the Redskin lose right now, Snyder is feeling it big time. These articles and player comments in the press. The team losing to the worst teams in the NFL. Redskins a laughing stock in the media. You better believe this is stressing him. Maybe it is what he needs so he learns to delegate to professional football men. Time will tell if continues to make an ass of himself or he digs himself out.

Last edited by Defensewins; 10-15-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #11
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
One thing that I have to give to Dan's side is that basically he has been tried and convicted of being a pompous, cretanic, uncaring bastard, etc on the basis of?????
Anybody had any direct contact with him?
He may be, but to my knowledge, nobody here can.....legitimately substantiate it
I have no idea what is manners are like...I don't think it makes any difference. Kraft may be the biggest jerk on the planet for all I know (I don't btw) but he knows how to be a very good franchise owner. Snyder's ownership, by any honest account, is a disaster. His manners are not more or less irrelevant but his decision-making is critical.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #12
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Even if all those things were true and more about Snyder I wouldn't care. I wouldn't even mind Snyder running the player personnel operations and fan club. If the team just played at a descent/respectable level on the field. Other then a few moments under Gibbs II was there brief accomplishment. But Snyder & Ceratto always manage to run the team back into the ground again. His unwillingness to hire a good Gm and let him run the team is what makes fans hate him. Not his exterior or behavior.
Just win baby. The fans will love you again....warts and all.

For every game the Redskin lose right now, Snyder is feeling it big time. These articles and player comments in the press. The team losing to the worst teams in the NFL. Redskins a laughing stock in the media. You better believe this is stressing him. Maybe it is what he needs so he learns to delegate to professional football men. Time will tell if continues to make an ass of himself or he digs himself out.
Excellent post man! I tend to disagree on Snyder's reaction, or lack thereof. But overall you really wrap the whole idea of a football franchise into a nice paragraph.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #13
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,385
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I have no idea what is manners are like...I don't think it makes any difference. Kraft may be the biggest jerk on the planet for all I know (I don't btw) but he knows how to be a very good franchise owner. Snyder's ownership, by any honest account, is a disaster. His manners are not more or less irrelevant but his decision-making is critical.
I really was not singling you out, but DS has recieved 40 lifetimes full of BS about his character from people that do not have any personal knowledge of him. He may deserve it, but AT LEAST it should come from actual knowledge.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

That was a good read. It sickens me to think of the success we've been missing out on over the last decade. If we could only match up a solid GM with Snyder's willingness to spend and desire to win....

It's pretty amazing that someone who supposedly wants to win more than anything just can't get out of his own way.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,004
Re: Should Snyder listen to his players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I really was not singling you out, but DS has recieved 40 lifetimes full of BS about his character from people that do not have any personal knowledge of him. He may deserve it, but AT LEAST it should come from actual knowledge.
I do think you're bringing up a good point. DS does get a lot shit he doesn't deserve but if we were 5-0 right now he could be the biggest prick a-hole in the world and nobody would care. Problem is when we lose everyone piles on, fair or not. We always hear that DS just wants to win, well so do we, trouble is he's not going about things the right way to reach that goal. His track record over the last decade speaks for itself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28263 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25