Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Collins Sighting

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who should be the Redskins starting QB next week?
Collins 39 42.39%
Campbell 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #46
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,660
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
Let's give it up for my boy Todd Collins . . . .oh yeah. It doesn't matter who the QB is. The o-line stinks, period, end of story! How about the New Orleans Saints! Yes sir.
I think NO is the best team in the NFC right now.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #47
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 37
Posts: 635
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Jason didn't get signed again anywhere, but then again there are just a ton of shitty QBs out there so it's sort of luck of the draw.

...that said I think he could have been a solid guy in the right system and behind a legit o-line. What's happened is very sad.
Very intuitive Goat. I agree 100% on both points.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #48
Impact Rookie
 
Redskin Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA- via VA
Age: 37
Posts: 635
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think NO is the best team in the NFC right now.
In football.
__________________
Hail to The REDSKINS
Redskin Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
Impact Rookie
 
47FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 757
Posts: 685
Re: The Collins Sighting

NO is the team to beat
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #50
Impact Rookie
 
47FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 757
Posts: 685
Re: The Collins Sighting

whats the chances of greg williams coming back here? what is his contract status in NO?
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #51
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,153
Re: The Collins Sighting

Bottom line, the QB will make little difference behind this makeshift line. A poor O-line makes a great QB look mediocre and an average QB look poor. A superior OL can make an average QB look Pro Bowl caliber (Mark Rypien). It's pretty clear what this team needs to do from a personnel standpoint. I just wish that Cerrato was held accountable for this year's debacle, because he chose to neglect the O-line when we had 10 picks in 2008, only drafting Chad Rinehart. That's not addressing O-line depth.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #52
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Yeah this Eagles team isn't winning 8 games.

I was saying that tongue in cheek...it's not like the Redskins are going to win six games. Nor does that get you into the playoffs. It's just a lofty goal to strive for.
My theory is coming true. Just so you know to add to that... Raiders are winning right now.
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #53
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,057
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
That's why after the season turmoil is over and clean house, we should hire Cam Cameron look what his done with Flacco and they came back and should have beaten Minnesota.
dude you're on cam cameron's nuts. but i might get on his nuts too. he can flat out coach offense and they've also got al saunders as a offensive consultant. lol.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #54
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 85,114
Re: The Collins Sighting

Kinda hard to blame Collins much. It's tough to come off the bench when you've had maybe 10% of the snaps all week. At this point might as well stick with TC and see what he can do with a real week of preparation.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #55
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: The Collins Sighting

Sad thing is, this would be a great opportunity to see if Colt Brennan could play in this league.
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #56
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,716
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
At least with Collins, we can be hilariously bad instead of respectable but still bad.

That will make game reviews more fun.
We were respectable? When did that happen?
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #57
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,716
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Bottom line, the QB will make little difference behind this makeshift line. A poor O-line makes a great QB look mediocre and an average QB look poor. A superior OL can make an average QB look Pro Bowl caliber (Mark Rypien). It's pretty clear what this team needs to do from a personnel standpoint. I just wish that Cerrato was held accountable for this year's debacle, because he chose to neglect the O-line when we had 10 picks in 2008, only drafting Chad Rinehart. That's not addressing O-line depth.
Yeah, but not this bad. Aaron Rodgers is getting crushed this year and they still manage to score points. They had 23 against the Vikes, and he got sacked 8 times. JC got sacked 8 times in the first 4 games combined, and the Skins still couldn't do shit. Also, Big Ben and Matt Cassel got sacked more than JC last year, and the Pats went 11-5 and the Steelers won it all. The Vikes were all over Flacco today, and they still scored 31. A poor O-line definitely doesn't help, but nothing can excuse the Skins Offensive production this year. A QB playing at a high level can still make things happen when protection breaks down. Can they score 45 points in a half like the Pats, maybe not. But can they still manage 20 plus points. Yes, happens all the time.
__________________
I am a system poster.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #58
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post
Sad thing is, this would be a great opportunity to see if Colt Brennan could play in this league.
Disagree w/ this. Why put a rookie (basically) into the worst possible situation having 1) the worst oline in professional football 2) just a couple legit downfield targets, in Cooley in Moss, that defenses long ago figured out how to neutralize?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #59
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, but not this bad. Aaron Rodgers is getting crushed this year and they still manage to score points. They had 23 against the Vikes, and he got sacked 8 times. JC got sacked 8 times in the first 4 games combined, and the Skins still couldn't do shit. Also, Big Ben and Matt Cassel got sacked more than JC last year, and the Pats went 11-5 and the Steelers won it all. The Vikes were all over Flacco today, and they still scored 31. A poor O-line definitely doesn't help, but nothing can excuse the Skins Offensive production this year. A QB playing at a high level can still make things happen when protection breaks down. Can they score 45 points in a half like the Pats, maybe not. But can they still manage 20 plus points. Yes, happens all the time.
True
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #60
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,153
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
dude you're on cam cameron's nuts. but i might get on his nuts too. he can flat out coach offense and they've also got al saunders as a offensive consultant. lol.
Cameron and Saunders are from the Coryell, Gibbs, Zampese, Turner, Martz tree of offensive philosophy. I was on record saying that throwing JC into a WCO was a mistake, akin to shoving a square peg in a round hole. So now you want the FO to go back to the Coryell philosophy? What about continuity? Even if Campbell isn't here, weren't Kelly, Davis, and Thomas drafted with the WCO in mind?
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33166 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25