Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The Collins Sighting

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who should be the Redskins starting QB next week?
Collins 39 42.39%
Campbell 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #61
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, but not this bad. Aaron Rodgers is getting crushed this year and they still manage to score points. They had 23 against the Vikes, and he got sacked 8 times. JC got sacked 8 times in the first 4 games combined, and the Skins still couldn't do shit. Also, Big Ben and Matt Cassel got sacked more than JC last year, and the Pats went 11-5 and the Steelers won it all. The Vikes were all over Flacco today, and they still scored 31. A poor O-line definitely doesn't help, but nothing can excuse the Skins Offensive production this year. A QB playing at a high level can still make things happen when protection breaks down. Can they score 45 points in a half like the Pats, maybe not. But can they still manage 20 plus points. Yes, happens all the time.
I do agree with the main point of this - it's more on the qb than it is on the offensive line.

And to make it clearer of how unexcusable Campbell's play has been most of this season - Todd Collins, a career backup, comes in the second half and even though doesn't light it up, there is not a drop-off of offensive production. The offense argubly got better and I assume that he didn't any quality snaps in practice during this preceding week - which can make a huge difference (although with Zorn, I don't know what to expect).
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #62
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
I do agree with the main point of this - it's more on the qb than it is on the offensive line.

And to make it clearer of how unexcusable Campbell's play has been most of this season - Todd Collins, a career backup, comes in the second half and even though doesn't light it up, there is not a drop-off of offensive production. The offense argubly got better and I assume that he didn't any quality snaps in practice during this preceding week - which can make a huge difference (although with Zorn, I don't know what to expect).
There was a major dropoff in production though, and an equally obvious increase in hilarity.

Anyone who says otherwise wasn't paying attention. Put it this way: Campbell has now had three games where he was held without a TD pass or a FG attempt in the first half. The first two games, we scored 17 and 14 points. This game, we scored six, and no touchdows. If that's not a dropoff, I have no idea what a dropoff is.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #63
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
There was a major dropoff in production though, and an equally obvious increase in hilarity.

Anyone who says otherwise wasn't paying attention.
No. 2 field goals for a Collins lead offense. no points for Campbell behind the same exact offensive line and against the same exact team.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #64
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
No. 2 field goals for a Collins lead offense. no points for Campbell behind the same exact offensive line and against the same exact team.
Oooooooh, two field goals.

That's so much better than any second half Jason Campbell had this year. And not our worst second half output of the year or anything.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #65
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Oooooooh, two field goals.

That's so much better than any second half Jason Campbell had this year. And not our worst second half output of the year or anything.
Please, when you compare campbell vs collins in this game. It's apples vs apples, but collins didn't have close to the same preparation time in practice this week as campbell.

But do you see what I'm getting at, comparing a career second stringer to a starter. This should be a big difference at this point in Campbell's career, not arguing over who is better.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #66
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Please, when you compare campbell vs collins in this game. It's apples vs apples, but collins didn't have close to the same preparation time in practice this week as campbell.

But do you see what I'm getting at, comparing a career second stringer to a starter. This should be a big difference at this point in Campbell's career, not arguing over who is better.
It's not apples vs. apples. It's a ridiculously small sample, in a game where the second quarterback looked hopelessly lost and like he should have retired two years ago.

My comparison very well might be imperfect, by I'm at least trying to frame it in a context that makes sense. Collins was complete crap out there, and I'm sure a lot of that's the offensive line and receivers. I mean, they still suck, obviously. But Collins didn't have a clue out there. That was painful, but it also was obvious.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #67
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's not apples vs. apples. It's a ridiculously small sample, in a game where the second quarterback looked hopelessly lost and like he should have retired two years ago.

My comparison very well might be imperfect, by I'm at least trying to frame it in a context that makes sense. Collins was complete crap out there, and I'm sure a lot of that's the offensive line and receivers. I mean, they still suck, obviously. But Collins didn't have a clue out there. That was painful, but it also was obvious.
Just face it, Campbell is done. Even with Collins not having a clue, he outplayed Campbell. The proof is right there. 6 points to Campbell's 0 points. I really don't care about sample size. This season's offensive failures so far is enough of a sample to me.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #68
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Just face it, Campbell is done. Even with Collins not having a clue, he outplayed Campbell. The proof is right there. 6 points to Campbell's 0 points. I really don't care about sample size. This season's offensive failures so far is enough of a sample to me.
I don't really care about what you don't care about. The point is, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Campbell will probably start next Monday night.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #69
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 11,931
Re: The Collins Sighting

Collins is a mere band-aid over a gaping wound.

There are problems far larger than the QB situation going here and neither JC nor Collins nor effing Tom Brady could fix it.

... Okay maybe Tom Brady.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #70
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Cameron and Saunders are from the Coryell, Gibbs, Zampese, Turner, Martz tree of offensive philosophy. I was on record saying that throwing JC into a WCO was a mistake, akin to shoving a square peg in a round hole. So now you want the FO to go back to the Coryell philosophy? What about continuity? Even if Campbell isn't here, weren't Kelly, Davis, and Thomas drafted with the WCO in mind?
Excellent point. What a complete botch-job by the front office for making the jump to the WCO -- with a completely inexperienced head coach/offensive coordinator to boot.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #71
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't really care about what you don't care about. The point is, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Campbell will probably start next Monday night.
You say I have no idea what I'm talking about after you saying that Collins looks lost and there was a dropoff in offensive production after he came in. Man...
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #72
Special Teams
 
wordsmithgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Raleigh NC
Age: 51
Posts: 158
Re: The Collins Sighting

I think it doesn't matter who the qb is and i think this game showed that. The problem is the design of the offense itself. It does not maximize the talent of the players. The players are not given an opportunity to be successful. It is a poorly conceived and ineffective gameplan week in and week out.
wordsmithgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #73
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
You say I have no idea what I'm talking about after you saying that Collins looks lost and there was a dropoff in offensive production after he came in. Man...
There was a dropoff in offensive production. Sort of. Portis just happened to have his longest run in four years while Collins was in there. Of course, Todd couldn't get us into the end zone.

I'm ever grateful for the magical run he took us on two years ago, but he's a career long scrub outisde of those four games. Campbell might not ever develop into anything more than he is now, but the comparison is completely ridiculous.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #74
Camp Scrub
 
redskinsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: dc area
Posts: 78
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Collins is a mere band-aid over a gaping wound.

There are problems far larger than the QB situation going here and neither JC nor Collins nor effing Tom Brady could fix it.

... Okay maybe Tom Brady.
I agree.
redskinsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #75
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: The Collins Sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmithgk View Post
I think it doesn't matter who the qb is and i think this game showed that. The problem is the design of the offense itself. It does not maximize the talent of the players. The players are not given an opportunity to be successful. It is a poorly conceived and ineffective gameplan week in and week out.
I really think that this is correct. We were getting production from the QB position, but not winning. Taking that production away isn't going to make our offense particularly more inept. We have to learn how to win with defense, because we haven't been able to do that in two years.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33781 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25