Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #31
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
Did anyone hear the news that just broke on fanhouse.com and 106.7 the fan? Apparently Danny boy tried to hire Shanahan to come in this season to replace Zorn to be the head coach, and he declined, some one needs to start a new thread
http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...ffer-year.html (Shanahan Turned Down Coaching Offer This Year)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #32
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
Did anyone hear the news that just broke on fanhouse.com and 106.7 the fan? Apparently Danny boy tried to hire Shanahan to come in this season to replace Zorn to be the head coach, and he declined, some one needs to start a new thread
it was discussed a couple of weeks ago.. and there is a thread about it now as well
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #33
The Starter
 
dgack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The ATX (formerly Balmer)
Posts: 1,125
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinhimself View Post
A full page of replies and not a single serious response that adds anything about the guy's history as a play caller.
I see you're new here. Welcome. Sherman Lewis sucks.
__________________
"To bring a Sherm Lewis in to a Jim Zorn and whoever his offensive coordinator is, it's like bringing in another man to help teach you how to make better love to your wife or something." -- Tre Johnson
dgack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #34
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

lol yupp when was the last time we actually contributed to anything? ever?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #35
Impact Rookie
 
LongTimeSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: LaVale MD
Age: 52
Posts: 515
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Being a long-suffering Orioles fan, I can see some loose paralells to the initial period of Peter Angelos' dictatorship. Oriole fans typically refer to this general set of behaviors as management being "Stuck on Stupid".
__________________
...skins fan since 72 and still breathin'!
LongTimeSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #36
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,616
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgack View Post
I see you're new here. Welcome. Sherman Lewis sucks.
LOL. Nice
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #37
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

This may be old news but when we spoke last about this topic it was wild rumor. This now has been confirmed as truth.

Most the things we speak about on here are basically what ifs because we don't really know what the front office does behind closed doors but this affirms that they committed this action during this offseason.

I think it speaks volumes about what they plan to do this offseason and how they plan to structure the future front office...with or without Vinny.

It also speaks about how they are going to treat the next coach who comes to DC. They offered a job to someone without first having a vacancy. If that is no big deal to you then you're probably not one of the perspective coaches for the Washington Redskins because they'd probably give this some thought.

Sources: Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job -- NFL FanHouse
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #38
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,439
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

This is so unfair...how come I didn't get a call to "be an extra set of eyes" for the Redskins?
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #39
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,963
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
This may be old news but when we spoke last about this topic it was wild rumor. This now has been confirmed as truth.

Most the things we speak about on here are basically what ifs because we don't really know what the front office does behind closed doors but this affirms that they committed this action during this offseason.

I think it speaks volumes about what they plan to do this offseason and how they plan to structure the future front office...with or without Vinny.

It also speaks about how they are going to treat the next coach who comes to DC. They offered a job to someone without first having a vacancy. If that is no big deal to you then you're probably not one of the perspective coaches for the Washington Redskins because they'd probably give this some thought.

Sources: Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job -- NFL FanHouse
I don't get how you make the leap from how/if someone else was approached to 'that's how they are going to treat the next coach'. As far as I know, Snyder has treated all of his coaches in the same manner. Turner, he berated and fired publicly. Schotty, he challenged and fired. Spurrier resigned with little resistance. Gibbs retired. Zorn is clearly a lame duck and a conversation was had. How is that a precursor to future behavior?

I don't really see anything wrong with asking your preferred choice, 'Is there a circumstance that you would come and take over in season?' It's not like they were negotiating contract terms while Zorn is putting together the gameplan. I'm not a big Snyder guy but he gets shredded for everything, even if it's not a big deal.
__________________
Paintrain's Redskins Fandom
1981-2014

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me.
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #40
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 32
Posts: 8,011
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
This is so unfair...how come I didn't get a call to "be an extra set of eyes" for the Redskins?
After watching the Skins this year I may need an extra set of eyes because there's a good chance I gouge mine out with a spoon.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #41
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I don't get how you make the leap from how/if someone else was approached to 'that's how they are going to treat the next coach'. As far as I know, Snyder has treated all of his coaches in the same manner. Turner, he berated and fired publicly. Schotty, he challenged and fired. Spurrier resigned with little resistance. Gibbs retired. Zorn is clearly a lame duck and a conversation was had. How is that a precursor to future behavior?

I don't really see anything wrong with asking your preferred choice, 'Is there a circumstance that you would come and take over in season?' It's not like they were negotiating contract terms while Zorn is putting together the gameplan. I'm not a big Snyder guy but he gets shredded for everything, even if it's not a big deal.
I think it's a big deal that he offered someone a job that was filled at the moment. I know the NFL is special but there still is a professional accumen that is expected when dealing with people.

If you're telling me that I should expect that Snyder has none, then I'd say you're right. I'd also say that would effect the level of desire and the overall quality of the coaches that come to Redskins.

I know real life examples don't work for the likes of the NFL but on a human level...If you heard that your job was offered to someone else when you currently were on the clock, you'd probably be a little put out.

Gruden even remarked on it. He distanced himself from any talk of him taking over because it was unethical.
Jon Gruden distances himself from Redskins, Louisville coaching jobs - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

If Snyder looks bad it's because his reputation precedes him and it is certainly warranted.

Professionally speaking, people don't deal with owners/managers who work like that because that is how you'll be dealt with when it's your time to go.
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #42
Special Teams
 
Green1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 121
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Playcalling might be better, but it all boils down to execution. Zorn might not be a good play caller, but still the players should be able to execute them no matter what is called.
If the D knows that your going run a stretch play ever 1st down, your not going to be sucessful.
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #43
Special Teams
 
Green1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 121
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Sherman Lewis
Green Bay Packers Offensive Coordinator1992-1999
Minnesota Vikings Offensive Coordinator 2000-2001
Detroit Lions Offensive Coordinator 2003-2004

He cant be worst than Zorn.....he has called plays before!
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #44
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
Sherman Lewis
Green Bay Packers Offensive Coordinator1992-1999
Minnesota Vikings Offensive Coordinator 2000-2001
Detroit Lions Offensive Coordinator 2003-2004

He cant be worst than Zorn.....he has called plays before!
Here's real insight of Lewis' history.. Doesn't look real good..

washingtonpost.com
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #45
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Is there any way people can wait to lambast this move until we see the end result. JZ's problem has been that he doesn't seem responsive and reactive to the defenses. He has his plan and pushes execution. I am very hopeful that a man who was in football his whole life and crafted successful offenses, can come in take our parts and maybe give us the spark that we all want to see. Certainly if our offense can make ANY strides, our D will have more of a chance to take over game.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29941 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25