Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #76
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Sherm Lewis replacing Zorn = Robiskie replacing Norv....we all thought it couldn't get worse but it did....much worse. This Monday night is going to be embarassing.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #77
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,960
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

For as much as the media is (probably justified) shredding this move and is saying 'just fire Zorn already' in reality, this move probably saved Zorn's job for the remainder of the season. It doesn't make sense for him to be demoted just to be fired a week later. If they don't make a move at the bye, there's no other time during the year to make it. I wouldn't say I'd be surprised if it happens but it wouldn't really be necessary at that point.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #78
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
For as much as the media is (probably justified) shredding this move and is saying 'just fire Zorn already' in reality, this move probably saved Zorn's job for the remainder of the season. It doesn't make sense for him to be demoted just to be fired a week later. If they don't make a move at the bye, there's no other time during the year to make it. I wouldn't say I'd be surprised if it happens but it wouldn't really be necessary at that point.
No, it certainly doesn't, which means it's a pretty good bet to happen.

The course of action that this franchise has taken since the Detroit game will be a future business case in asset mismanagement. You couldn't have done it any more hilariously than they have over the past now.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #79
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
No, it certainly doesn't, which means it's a pretty good bet to happen.

The course of action that this franchise has taken since the Detroit game will be a future business case in asset mismanagement. You couldn't have done it any more hilariously than they have over the past now.


Priceless...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #80
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Look it doesn't seem as though Lewis was a great offensive mind as a playcaller, which I'm convinced is Zorn's biggest issue after being a terrible motivator/leader. But here's the positiive things that could happen:

1) Zorn should be able to spend more time w/ the QBs and that's obviously his proven strength.

2) Lewis could "surprise" the defenses he faces w/ his play-calling, something Zorn has failed to do past week 8 of last season.

3) If Lewis has a stronger sense of the offens's strengths and weakness, from his birdseye view, he may be able to adjust the gameplan effectively. I don't believe Zorn has been able to even begin adjusting accordingly. It always seemed like Zorn drew up a gameplan, which may have been perfect if everything goes according to plan, but as things got off track there wasn't effective adjustments made. Result: predictability, lots of grinding plays that play right into the defensive strengths.

I almost want to feel hopeful the offense will rebound a little w/ this change...guess we'll all find out together
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #81
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Look it doesn't seem as though Lewis was a great offensive mind as a playcaller, which I'm convinced is Zorn's biggest issue after being a terrible motivator/leader. But here's the positiive things that could happen:

1) Zorn should be able to spend more time w/ the QBs and that's obviously his proven strength.

2) Lewis could "surprise" the defenses he faces w/ his play-calling, something Zorn has failed to do past week 8 of last season.

3) If Lewis has a stronger sense of the offens's strengths and weakness, from his birdseye view, he may be able to adjust the gameplan effectively. I don't believe Zorn has been able to even begin adjusting accordingly. It always seemed like Zorn drew up a gameplan, which may have been perfect if everything goes according to plan, but as things got off track there wasn't effective adjustments made. Result: predictability, lots of grinding plays that play right into the defensive strengths.

I almost want to feel hopeful the offense will rebound a little w/ this change...guess we'll all find out together
I love the skins....I really do, I will be rooting for them as hard as usual this Monday night but having a guy who hasn't been in the league for 5 years and has only been with the team for 2 weeks call the plays (and I am assuming gameplan for the Eagles) in game 7 against a division rival is amature at best, completely clueless at worst.

I can't even put into words how ridiculous this situation is. I thought the KC loss was rock bottom but I am prepared for a completely new level of humiliation this Monday.

PS.... at least 5 delay of game penalties and/or wasted TOs because of the "new guy" calling plays.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #82
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

At least they don't have tape of Lewis with the skins.. next 8 games? 6-2!!! whoohooo

I mean, uhhh, HAIL SKINS!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #83
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonandblack30 View Post
I love the skins....I really do, I will be rooting for them as hard as usual this Monday night but having a guy who hasn't been in the league for 5 years and has only been with the team for 2 weeks call the plays (and I am assuming gameplan for the Eagles) in game 7 against a division rival is amature at best, completely clueless at worst.

I can't even put into words how ridiculous this situation is. I thought the KC loss was rock bottom but I am prepared for a completely new level of humiliation this Monday.

PS.... at least 5 delay of game penalties and/or wasted TOs because of the "new guy" calling plays.
I agree about the 2 weeks with the team part. But this guy's life was football. We've seen many versions of a retired football guy come back and be able to handle it. 5 years is not that long, if you were doing something you loved and had done all your life.

I think D's will be surprised by our quicker offense, and not the 5 delay of game penalties/wasted TO's. In fact I would guarantee we won't see a TO because we are waiting on the spot of the ball.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #84
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,492
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I think this is part of the problem. I do think many coach's have a gentlemans agreement about not talking to an owner about a job that is already taken. Even if the HC of the team is doing poorly.

Now, rumor has it Gruden has spoken to someone off record and not associated with the Skins about how he might like the job with the Skins.

If I was DS I would fire VC or completely remove him from having anything to do with the Skins as of today. Do a search of available candidates and candidates who are currently with other teams if available. Like Poilin or whoever. If I had to wait till seasons end to conduct certain interviews then so be it and bring in the best I could and pay him well. Give the GM some ideas as to who you might like as HC but make sure everyone and all candidates know I am backing the F-off. Allowing the GM to run the team.

With that said it might, might open up a few doors into coach's that have been hesitant to come to Washington.

Hopefully after Mon. night, which I can't wait for, VC and Zorn get canned and DS can start talking to viable candidates. but I wouldn't bring them in till seasons end. My feeling is you bring them in now and people/fans get a misconception and expect the team to start winning. If they don't I could see fans wishing DS to fire the new HC. I'd name an interim HC and keep conducting interviews until seasons end with my new GM.
The Redskins may want the big name coaches but remember they have to abide by the NFL Rooney Rule which they have to interview a minorty coaching canadiate. I think Greg Blache or Jerry Gray take over as interim coach.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #85
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,560
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

The more I think about this the more I just have to laugh to keep from crying.

Lewis has been with the team for all of 2 weeks. There's no possible way he knows our personnel inside and out, knows this offense inside and out, and is going to be any sort of an improvement over Zorn as a play caller. We might as well put a monkey up the booth and let him throw darts at the playbook. In addition, Lewis was never known as a great play caller to begin with from his prior experiences. We're in trouble folks. Big trouble.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #86
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The more I think about this the more I just have to laugh to keep from crying.

Lewis has been with the team for all of 2 weeks. There's no possible way he knows our personnel inside and out, knows this offense inside and out, and is going to be any sort of an improvement over Zorn as a play caller. We might as well put a monkey up the booth and let him throw darts at the playbook. In addition, Lewis was never known as a great play caller to begin with from his prior experiences. We're in trouble folks. Big trouble.
So true, but part of me thinks that it's going to be OK because if ANYTHING it'll be unpredictable.

I WOULD LOVE to see the Skins beat the Eagles and then the media is like, "Wow the Eagles lost to the team that lost to the Lions."
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #87
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 33
Posts: 17,643
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

PUNT on second down?

You goddamn right.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #88
Camp Scrub
 
MrSpectre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 26
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

In order to succeed long-term, the Redskins don't need a new play caller -- they need a good owner.

Danny must go!
MrSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #89
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,975
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Let's hear what some of his former players have to say

Fredericksburg.com - PRO FOOTBALL
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #90
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Reputation of Sherman Lewis- our new play caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The more I think about this the more I just have to laugh to keep from crying.

Lewis has been with the team for all of 2 weeks. There's no possible way he knows our personnel inside and out, knows this offense inside and out, and is going to be any sort of an improvement over Zorn as a play caller. We might as well put a monkey up the booth and let him throw darts at the playbook. In addition, Lewis was never known as a great play caller to begin with from his prior experiences. We're in trouble folks. Big trouble.
At least a dart-throwing monkey would come up with a better variety of plays than Zorn's love for stretch-left on every crucial down.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.39972 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25