Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,064
Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Titans owner Bud Adams FAILS to endorse Jeff Fisher past this season....
What a classic Dumb Ass

Titans owner won't endorse keeping Jeff Fisher beyond this season - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guy for consideration is Holmgren. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? I guess so.
Jeff Fisher? How about these stats...

From 99-08 (10 years)

6 times he's won over 10 games/yr
Won 13 games 3 times, 12 once, 11 once

When is the last time we've won 11 games? 10 games?

Fisher is a great coach and I'd choose him above all others. Get him and a young GM and let them do their thing.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Jeff Fisher? How about these stats...

From 99-08 (10 years)

6 times he's won over 10 games/yr
Won 13 games 3 times, 12 once, 11 once

When is the last time we've won 11 games? 10 games?

Fisher is a great coach and I'd choose him above all others. Get him and a young GM and let them do their thing.
And he has also gone from:

13-3 to 7-9

12-4 to 5-11

13-3 to 0-6 so far this year.

He's like a rollercoaster.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,635
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.
Exactly
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,013
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.
Not that I'm backing up these guys or anything, but Shotty aside, you have there six to seven SB appearances and four SB wins between those four guys (feel free to correct me) and you are calling them average? I mean they are no Belichick or Waslh or Gibbs, but I wouldn't call them average. Besides, aside from Gibbs, what HC hired by Snyder has had the resume that these guys have had?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I don't understand the love for all this guys Fisher, Gruden, Shanahan, Cowher, Shottenheimer. In my opinion they are all average, the only guys for consideration are Holmgren and Dungy. What has Fisher done in all his years in Houston/Tennesse? Shanahan without Elway? Cowher in 14/15 years in Pitt? Gruden without the team Dungy beat? Marty with his many playoff chokes. I want someone that will takes us to the SB and win. I'm sorry but none of these guys do it for me except for Holmgren and Dungy. Are we that desperate that all these guys remind you of Gibbs, Walsh, Belichick? Jack Pardee is probably available.
Tony Dungy is a good football coach however he had Peyton Manning as a QB and Tom Moore as his OC. Who's there coach now? Is he great too? He's undefeated?

TD had a great D in TB and turned that organization around. His offenses were always bad. Why? B/c he didn't have a quarterback. So, i give him credit for turning around that D but I just don't see him as a top tier coach. That being said, i would be happy w/ a TD as our coach.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And he has also gone from:

13-3 to 7-9

12-4 to 5-11

13-3 to 0-6 so far this year.

He's like a rollercoaster.
As a fan of the Redskins, would you like to win 10+ games a year for 6 out of the next 10 years? 13 games for 3 times in the next ten years?
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Not that I'm backing up these guys or anything, but Shotty aside, you have there six to seven SB appearances and four SB wins between those four guys (feel free to correct me) and you are calling them average? I mean they are no Belichick or Waslh or Gibbs, but I wouldn't call them average. Besides, aside from Gibbs, what HC hired by Snyder has had the resume that these guys have had?
Fisher no SB win
Shanahan 2 SB w/ Elway
Gruden 1 SB 1st year in TB (Dungy built that team)
Shottenheimer couldn't even win (ok, maybe ine) a playoff game
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Tony Dungy is a good football coach however he had Peyton Manning as a QB and Tom Moore as his OC. Who's there coach now? Is he great too? He's undefeated?

TD had a great D in TB and turned that organization around. His offenses were always bad. Why? B/c he didn't have a quarterback. So, i give him credit for turning around that D but I just don't see him as a top tier coach. That being said, i would be happy w/ a TD as our coach.
Did he not build TB and Indy? Ok, Polian helped to.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #12
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
GM first, coach second. If we hire a Coach before a GM, then we are back to square 1.
+1! Agreed!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
As a fan of the Redskins, would you like to win 10+ games a year for 6 out of the next 10 years? 13 games for 3 times in the next ten years?
I want that record and win the SB, not get to the playoffs and choke like Fisher, Shottenheimer. I will give Shanahan and Gruden a pass since they won SB's but that was years ago.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,013
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Fisher no SB win
Shanahan 2 SB w/ Elway
Gruden 1 SB 1st year in TB (Dungy built that team)
Shottenheimer couldn't even win (ok, maybe ine) a playoff game
And you could say that Bill Callahan took Gruden's Raiders' to the Superbowl when they played against Tampa Bay. And that Dungy has won a SB with one of the best QB in the NFL (Manning).

No offense, but I think you're stretching your argument here. It's ok for you to say that you wouldn't want these guys to coach the Redskins, but I think you're making a poor argument about these guys being average coaches.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,421
Re: Here's our chance for Jeff Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
And you could say that Bill Callahan took Gruden's Raiders' to the Superbowl when they played against Tampa Bay. And that Dungy has won a SB with one of the best QB in the NFL (Manning).

No offense, but I think you're stretching your argument here. It's ok for you to say that you wouldn't want these guys to coach the Redskins, but I think you're making a poor argument about these guys being average coaches.
It's like in sports, what have you done for me lately mentality. Most fans in this forum have no patience and want things turned around overnite and think this guys are saviors. I rather take my chance with a young/hungry proven coordinator (not QB coach) than this retreads who have had their chances.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31850 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25