Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Devin Thomas remains starter

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,423
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Is Devin Thomas a Left Tackle?
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,093
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Well If these young WR'S that we have actually had a QB maybe they would end up being pretty good. Atlanta thought Roddy White and Jenkins were bums until Matt Ryan walked in the door. I say if these guys cant contribute next yr when we have a new QB, then it's time to call them bust.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #18
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennSkinsFan View Post


http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...-bloggers.html (Attention bloggers)

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,585
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Interesting comments from Zorn on Kelly

Redskins Insider - Thomas nudges Kelly from starting flanker spot
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 35
Posts: 5,829
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Well, I'm happy. I've always been more of a Thomas advocate and it's nice to see that he is working harder.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Well If these young WR'S that we have actually had a QB maybe they would end up being pretty good. Atlanta thought Roddy White and Jenkins were bums until Matt Ryan walked in the door. I say if these guys cant contribute next yr when we have a new QB, then it's time to call them bust.
great comparison w/atlanta. I don't know if I agree that it's JC's fault, it's probably a combination of both, hard to tell if these guys are getting open.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #22
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
great comparison w/atlanta. I don't know if I agree that it's JC's fault, it's probably a combination of both, hard to tell if these guys are getting open.
Name the last time you saw JC throw the ball before the WR made the cut so the ball would be there when they where actually open. Instead he waits for the cover guy to recover so the WR is no longer open.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Name the last time you saw JC throw the ball before the WR made the cut so the ball would be there when they where actually open. Instead he waits for the cover guy to recover so the WR is no longer open.
other than throws to cooley & moss, can't think of any.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,180
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

just going to pile on with every one else that i think we should be calling more plays for thomas, kelly and davis and see what they can do or not do.

also agree that it is hard to tell if its JC not seeing them, they are not getting open or whether the play calling has not made them the 1st read enough times.

hopefully we will have some answers and things to review by seasons end so that we have a better picture of what kind of player these three will be going forward b/c right now i do not have anything to go off of.

go skins!!
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #25
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

It's worth a shot, since Kelly has been awful since week two. When healthy, Kelly's better, but the finger injury appears to be affecting him in ways that, I believe, a more mentally tough player should be playing through. He's not helping us right now.

Thomas won't help us either, but you drafted him, might as well put him out there.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's worth a shot, since Kelly has been awful since week two. When healthy, Kelly's better, but the finger injury appears to be affecting him in ways that, I believe, a more mentally tough player should be playing through. He's not helping us right now.

Thomas won't help us either, but you drafted him, might as well put him out there.
Agreed.. After reading the washington post article about Peers' comments on Lewis regarding offense.. It's sort of 50/50 chance for our offense, I guess.. Regardless of this, I really hope Lewis will find a way to get our "rookies" players involved.. This also include Mitchell..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #27
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

After the bye we better see Mitchell thrown in the mix. We need to throw to all 3 for 2010 preliminary evaluation. The one(s) that deliver we keep, the other(s) we drop.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #28
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,838
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Thomas and Kelly have been given every chance to succeed. Hopefully we wont have apologists give the Ramsey excuse, 'he wasn't given a chance'. They have had years to prove themselves and they have not stepped up.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

I'd consider IR for Kelly at this point. We know about the torn finger ligaments, but I have to think his knee has been bothering him as well. There's just no explosiveness in any direction. Shut him down and make 2010 a make or break year for him.

There's just no reason to block Marko Mitchell anymore with this crap. If making Marko active means I have to sit through 10 more Devin Thomas starts, then so be it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #30
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Devin Thomas remains starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'd consider IR for Kelly at this point. We know about the torn finger ligaments, but I have to think his knee has been bothering him as well. There's just no explosiveness in any direction. Shut him down and make 2010 a make or break year for him.

There's just no reason to block Marko Mitchell anymore with this crap. If making Marko active means I have to sit through 10 more Devin Thomas starts, then so be it.
Nice points all around. I would like to see Mitchell, who doesn't have much to lose and everything to gain.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26713 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25