Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:16 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #16
The Starter
 
DBUCHANON101's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,373
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooter View Post
God thats like the second or third time I've seen that pic in an article. Couldn't they have found something better? lol.
I knew the pic as soon as you said something.. didnt even have to look. Zorn looks like a giddy school girl.
__________________
But there's booze in the blender. And soon it will render. That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.
DBUCHANON101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Thank god for Riggo, Largent and Company (and the post)- we need people to keep the pressure applied.
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Riggo's at it again...

At least watch the last 15 seconds...it's in the deep end but it's comical to me that Riggo is this pissed at ownership.

YouTube - Riggo: Has Danny Made-off?
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,524
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinFanatic View Post
Wow...leave it to Riggo to have the balls to come out publicly and say all the things (with his own dramatics added of course) that everyone else is thinking. This whole week has been just comical...like a cartoon...our front office is like the coyote in road runner bringing in all these big names from the Acme Free Agents company in order to build a franchise to finally cath the elusive SB trophy. And of course, it always backfires. You almost expect them to whip out a business card that says "Vin E. Cerrato/Super Genius!"
Now I don't care who you are...that's funny!
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
Camp Scrub
 
Zorny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 68
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Zorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinFanatic View Post
Wow...leave it to Riggo to have the balls to come out publicly and say all the things (with his own dramatics added of course) that everyone else is thinking. This whole week has been just comical...like a cartoon...our front office is like the coyote in road runner bringing in all these big names from the Acme Free Agents company in order to build a franchise to finally cath the elusive SB trophy. And of course, it always backfires. You almost expect them to whip out a business card that says "Vin E. Cerrato/Super Genius!"
now thats funny right there.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #22
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,615
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorny View Post
How do you trade draft picks for free agents?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #23
Camp Scrub
 
munny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 94
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Snyder does not have the mindset of a child. Get off his back. Children have the capacity to learn. When they touch a hot stove and get burned, they don't do it again. Snyder is like a Homer Simpson cartoon where he just keeps touching the stove over and over and gets burned each time, but can't stop himself.
munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,697
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by munny View Post
Snyder does not have the mindset of a child. Get off his back. Children have the capacity to learn. When they touch a hot stove and get burned, they don't do it again. Snyder is like a Homer Simpson cartoon where he just keeps touching the stove over and over and gets burned each time, but can't stop himself.
I hate the Snyder bashing. It's easy and unfulfilling.

Snyder tried buying over the hill free agents - FAIL
Snyder now buys younger better free agents - win
Snyder then tried buying high priced coaching - FAIL
Snyder then tried young new coaching -FAIL

He has learned over time, and I will be shocked if his next high price acquisition is not a top notch GM, and go from there.

People (by that I means most media and skins fans) are so irrational when it comes to evaluating Snyder's history and how he has reacted to his failures. Yes he has failed alot, but not because he keeps repeating the same mistake, instead he makes new ones that pre-suppose lessons learned from the last errors. Does anyone think that you walk in to a multibillion dollar enterprise, where you have no respected mentor or counterpart and just get it right? Doesn't happen. I also think DS tried to emulate JJ's style of ownership. I hope he sees that also as a failure and looks to other more successful and stable franchises.

ok, we now return you to the irrational channel.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #25
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorny View Post
Not sure if you made this up but when did DS trade draft picks for a free agent.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #26
Camp Scrub
 
munny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 94
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

No, he has not learned. He has never learned the one simple lesson -- good teams are built from the ground up ... then accented with a few free agents. He should have learned that lesson after his first spending bonanza back in the Deion days. But he did not, and will not in my opinion. If you can't figure it out in the first 12 years, why would you now. He does not have the patience to build a team right, or too simply hire the best people and let them do there jobs.

You are right about one thing though -- he does worship Jerry Jones. That in itself is an epic fail. Jones has not had success in a decade + either. Yet, the Colts, Pats, Giants and Steelers have shown how to build consisent teams that compete year after year. They use free agents as the final piece of the puzzle, not the foundation. Young, less injury prone talent is the ticket, but it does not come over night. I doubt Snyder would let any GM be anything but a figure head. I sincerely doubt he will ever fire Cerrato. He might "retitle" him, but he won't cut him lose. Instead of patterning himself after winners, he emulates losers. Might work in marketing, might work in baseball, but football just doesn't roll like that.

Dan Snyder --- epic fail.
munny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:05 PM   #27
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I hate the Snyder bashing. It's easy and unfulfilling.

Snyder tried buying over the hill free agents - FAIL
Snyder now buys younger better free agents - win
Snyder then tried buying high priced coaching - FAIL
Snyder then tried young new coaching -FAIL

He has learned over time, and I will be shocked if his next high price acquisition is not a top notch GM, and go from there.

People (by that I means most media and skins fans) are so irrational when it comes to evaluating Snyder's history and how he has reacted to his failures. Yes he has failed alot, but not because he keeps repeating the same mistake, instead he makes new ones that pre-suppose lessons learned from the last errors. Does anyone think that you walk in to a multibillion dollar enterprise, where you have no respected mentor or counterpart and just get it right? Doesn't happen. I also think DS tried to emulate JJ's style of ownership. I hope he sees that also as a failure and looks to other more successful and stable franchises.

ok, we now return you to the irrational channel.
Joe Gibbs Racing = Three NASCAR Championships. Sorry buddy, we're on the life-boats already. Why don't you come on over? We have some MREs and beer too!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #28
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,747
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
How do you trade draft picks for free agents?
lol "bashing fail"
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure if you made this up but when did DS trade draft picks for a free agent.
restricted free agents maybe?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 PM   #30
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,189
Re: Riggins: Redskins organization has been taken hostage by a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Not sure if you made this up but when did DS trade draft picks for a free agent.
i guess it's been a while but we did trade for a washed up d end named jason taylor and paid him a boat load as well as shipping off two draft picks to the doliphins if u want me to get a list of the rest i can
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29330 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25