Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #301
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,108
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Not that I think this would ever happen b/c DC is a big market, but I think it would be funny/disastrous if Snyder sold the team and the new owner moved the team elsewhere. Not that I'm defending Snyder, is that I find the concept of an average fan demanding the team to be sold a bit laughable.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #302
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,767
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

[quote from DHall Incident thread]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
yeah we are gonna fail but it was fun while it lasted and i know our message got through to the front office, so in the end it was well worth it
I'm so glad you had fun, and took your 15 minutes. So, tell me, has Vinny been fired overnight? or Dan sell OUR team? So exactly how do you know that the front office got the message. Did "DannyBoy" send you a message via email, snailmail, twitter, psychic hotline, that said - I hear you loud and clear?

And since you now KNOW that your message got through, does that mean you will support them and stop embarrassing our team because "Danny Boy" got the message.

I call BS and again say as fans, we have an obligation - not to be unrealistic - but support and encourage our team and ownership even in the bad times, and yes clearly these are bad times. There are enough bandwagon fans that have already fallen off that DS sees the difference, but people who spend every day at least looking in on the Skins, who have been, are, and will be lifetime Skins fanatics, we are the ones who need to remind the media, the NFL, that our Skins tradition, legacy and future are all tied to a fanbase that loves them through good and bad. Is it easy to say to other teams fans, damn we suck, and our owner has a lot to learn, but they are my team. Heck no, but that is our task right now as a die hard Skins fan. you want to write a letter every day to Snyder telling him how much you hate him, what you want him to change etc, great do it; but when you add to or try to add to the embarrassment the media wants to make of us, then I feel only joy that you failed in your attempt.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #303
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,194
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
[quote from DHall Incident thread]


I'm so glad you had fun, and took your 15 minutes. So, tell me, has Vinny been fired overnight? or Dan sell OUR team? So exactly how do you know that the front office got the message. Did "DannyBoy" send you a message via email, snailmail, twitter, psychic hotline, that said - I hear you loud and clear?
And since you now KNOW that your message got through, does that mean you will support them and stop embarrassing our team because "Danny Boy" got the message.

I call BS and again say as fans, we have an obligation - not to be unrealistic - but support and encourage our team and ownership even in the bad times, and yes clearly these are bad times. There are enough bandwagon fans that have already fallen off that DS sees the difference, but people who spend every day at least looking in on the Skins, who have been, are, and will be lifetime Skins fanatics, we are the ones who need to remind the media, the NFL, that our Skins tradition, legacy and future are all tied to a fanbase that loves them through good and bad. Is it easy to say to other teams fans, damn we suck, and our owner has a lot to learn, but they are my team. Heck no, but that is our task right now as a die hard Skins fan. you want to write a letter every day to Snyder telling him how much you hate him, what you want him to change etc, great do it; but when you add to or try to add to the embarrassment the media wants to make of us, then I feel only joy that you failed in your attempt.
i do know, i have said before i know people that know him and work with him, and i do know he heard about our website and campaign specifically, if you don't want to believe me i don't give a shit, i know thats all that matters to me

and like i said before are we supposed to blindly follow our owner and support him as if he was hitler never questioning him, or any of his decisions i don't think so, i would rather campaign publically and get our message out, if you haven't noticed we did that, if you wanna sit in your basement and not show your voice thats fine, i have the right to say whatever i want so i will

how did anything we did add to embarrassment to us the fans, none of the media attention we got was negative in any way did you actually read any thing or ae you just coming up to your conclusion on your own by following what others told you?

and to question my fan hood you have to be kidding me, i have been a fan since the day i was born and will always support my team, but if i don't want to support my owner i won't, i will never turn my back on the players and the team i love, and i will continue to support them, just not the owner, get the difference????

i'll do things my way and you continue to follow blindly just be careful when your the next one to fall off the cliff
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #304
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,767
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

First,
I wasn't questioning your fanhood. The bandwagon fans are those who just stop caring until the next SB rounds. You post, you care, I know that.

How you embarrased the team? why do you think the media called you? because they want to embarrass and drag down the Skins.

As I said before, if you had put up a positive message, one that referred to our past, gave a reminder of where our franchise once was, compared to now, then I would have donated, and supported your thing.

But all you did or tried to do was take a negative stereotype name, whine about it, and then proclaim victory and your closing statement "I'll do things my way". Hell that's Snyder to a Tee. He does things that mean nothing, becomes offseason champion, and then flops on the football field. If you feel successful that your campaign raised less than 20% of its goal, you should be jumping for joy at where the Skins are, at least they've won 25% of the time. (and if we win one more game, the Skins would have surpassed your percentage for the season)

Before you try to call me a lemming ask yourself whose view was more realistic from the beginning. I didn't fall off a cliff or follow the media throng blindly through the blame Snyder fiasco. You may feel that you did it your way, but in reality, you sit and scream what the lemmings want to hear. Good for you.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #305
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,970
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

So can we officially call this effort a fail and close the thread?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #306
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,108
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So can we officially call this effort a fail and close the thread?
Agreed.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #307
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,194
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

you might not be following the media but you did say you would follow our owner and i feel he has lead this franchise to where it is which is a cash cow. yes we were once a great franchise that was two decades ago are we gonna keep saying in another ten years, yeah we were a great franchise three decades ago, i hope not thats why i and alot of people decided to do something about it, all we can do is what we can and i am proud of what we have done. think of that what you will, but if you want to question me i will fire back, that's the way i am.
we will see what happens next year hopefully there will be change, and lots of it
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #308
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,195
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So can we officially call this effort a fail and close the thread?
It's kinda sad to come to this thread and see these guys getting constantly thrashed for this idea. Was it far fetched and a little poorly planned? Yes. Was it more than 99% of people will ever do besides blindly defend the team? Yes.

Hallelujah, close this thread.

__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #309
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,917
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
[quote from DHall Incident thread]


I'm so glad you had fun, and took your 15 minutes. So, tell me, has Vinny been fired overnight? or Dan sell OUR team? So exactly how do you know that the front office got the message. Did "DannyBoy" send you a message via email, snailmail, twitter, psychic hotline, that said - I hear you loud and clear?

And since you now KNOW that your message got through, does that mean you will support them and stop embarrassing our team because "Danny Boy" got the message.

I call BS and again say as fans, we have an obligation - not to be unrealistic - but support and encourage our team and ownership even in the bad times, and yes clearly these are bad times. There are enough bandwagon fans that have already fallen off that DS sees the difference, but people who spend every day at least looking in on the Skins, who have been, are, and will be lifetime Skins fanatics, we are the ones who need to remind the media, the NFL, that our Skins tradition, legacy and future are all tied to a fanbase that loves them through good and bad. Is it easy to say to other teams fans, damn we suck, and our owner has a lot to learn, but they are my team. Heck no, but that is our task right now as a die hard Skins fan. you want to write a letter every day to Snyder telling him how much you hate him, what you want him to change etc, great do it; but when you add to or try to add to the embarrassment the media wants to make of us, then I feel only joy that you failed in your attempt.
Why are you a few others taking this so personal? Some of you areso determined to make mlmdob30 look bad, it makes you look bitter.
Dan Snyder and his FO embarrassed the Redskins all by themselves, not the fans.
Why do you care or get so upset at what other fans do?
When Dan took over the team 10 years ago or so, he wanted to be in the limelight and loved the attention. Snyder's smug big cigars in mouth and feet up on the desk image has fueled the Redskins backlash not the fans.
He loves to make a big splash.
Well know he has everyone's attention. You can not turn it on and off like a light switch.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #310
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,194
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Why are you a few others taking this so personal? Some of you areso determined to make mlmdob30 look bad, it makes you look bitter.
Dan Snyder and his FO embarrassed the Redskins all by themselves, not the fans.
Why do you care or get so upset at what other fans do?
When Dan took over the team 10 years ago or so, he wanted to be in the limelight and loved the attention. Snyder's smug big cigars in mouth and feet up on the desk image has fueled the Redskins backlash not the fans.
He loves to make a big splash.
Well know he has everyone's attention. You can not turn it on and off like a light switch.
my sentiments exactly, i feel like i have been personally attacked and don't know why we are just fans voicing our opinions, and i have to keep explaining and defending my self and yes it's a lot like beating a dead horse
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #311
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,767
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Why are you a few others taking this so personal? Some of you areso determined to make mlmdob30 look bad, it makes you look bitter.
Dan Snyder and his FO embarrassed the Redskins all by themselves, not the fans.
Why do you care or get so upset at what other fans do?
When Dan took over the team 10 years ago or so, he wanted to be in the limelight and loved the attention. Snyder's smug big cigars in mouth and feet up on the desk image has fueled the Redskins backlash not the fans.
He loves to make a big splash.
Well know he has everyone's attention. You can not turn it on and off like a light switch.
I am not trying to make Imdub, or anyone else look bad, but I think that this action was poorly planned, and childish, mImpetert had very good interaction, and I tried to make some positive statements. BUT, look at indub's quotes, "I'll do things my way", "you criticize me (which I didn't, I criticized the idea and methodology) and I'll fire back". Those are the same type thinking that Snyder so rightly gets criticized for. mImpetert basically acknowledged that it was responding to Snyder in a Snyderesque way, and I have said clearly I felt that put all of us fans in a bad light, and the media turns it around and mocks the Redskins, because of both extremes.


That said, I will leave it alone. Matty, I will leave my postings off, but I think you ought to let this stay open for the full term of the drive.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #312
MVP
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 27
Posts: 12,195
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am not trying to make Imdub, or anyone else look bad, but I think that this action was poorly planned, and childish, mImpetert had very good interaction, and I tried to make some positive statements. BUT, look at indub's quotes, "I'll do things my way", "you criticize me (which I didn't, I criticized the idea and methodology) and I'll fire back". Those are the same type thinking that Snyder so rightly gets criticized for. mImpetert basically acknowledged that it was responding to Snyder in a Snyderesque way, and I have said clearly I felt that put all of us fans in a bad light, and the media turns it around and mocks the Redskins, because of both extremes.


That said, I will leave it alone. Matty, I will leave my postings off, but I think you ought to let this stay open for the full term of the drive.
In any given situation where there are two ends, there are extremes, there's always fringe crazies and I don't think mlm falls into that category.

One poorly organized stance doesn't make everyone look bad. It might make HIM look bad. But because of one bad egg, you don't throw out the entire dozen.

I really don't think this has changed anyones minds about the Skins organization or the fans. At the end of the day we still suck, Snyder is still the owner and nobody outside of the Metro area (including out of state Redskins fans) really give a damn about us. They've got their own football teams and problems to worry about/cheer for.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #313
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,758
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

CRedskinsRule you need to be calling BS on Snyder and f-ing horrible last 10 years running this organization. People are fed up. This just hasnt been "one bad year" this has been a steady decline since he took the reigns. Its really disgraceful, and nobody on here is a bandwagon fan...im saying we shouldnt support a Vinny/Snyder run FO anymore, its to that point. I think everything, the booing, this attempt, the National media criticism does impact Snyder if he a so-called die hard fan, it should. His image has deservingly taken a hit. And if the fans sit around and not say anything... fine, but I never see any problem with voicing displeasure at such obvious incompentences such his running of this once proud franchise.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #314
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,917
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
CRedskinsRule you need to be calling BS on Snyder and f-ing horrible last 10 years running this organization. People are fed up. This just hasnt been "one bad year" this has been a steady decline since he took the reigns. Its really disgraceful, and nobody on here is a bandwagon fan...im saying we shouldnt support a Vinny/Snyder run FO anymore, its to that point. I think everything, the booing, this attempt, the National media criticism does impact Snyder if he a so-called die hard fan, it should. His image has deservingly taken a hit. And if the fans sit around and not say anything... fine, but I never see any problem with voicing displeasure at such obvious incompentences such his running of this once proud franchise.
That is what I was thinking when I was reading the posts critical of mlmdub130.
Not that I think mlmdub130 needs defending, but he is not the problem here. I am sure he would be a fan going to games if the team was even half way decent.
While I do not literally agree with certain ideas to get Snyder's attention, most notably a campaign to try get rid of him. But sometimes to get the attention of someone as insulated as Snyder has become, it takes some extreme/exaggerated verbiage, even though it is not the intended final goal. I am sure most of us (like me) do not want to see Snyder gone. I just want him to immediately fire Vinny and surrender all FO decisions to a highly qualified and brilliant football professional. That is all.
Ten years of the same BS enough.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #315
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,920
Re: Sell OUR Team Danny Boy - DC Metro Bus Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
So can we officially call this effort a fail and close the thread?
Do you still have thread closing duties or has Smootsmack stripped you of those and gave them to Joe Crisp?
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42196 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25