Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #16
Special Teams
 
Kalisto2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF, Bay Area
Posts: 392
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

You don't trade 2 all pro receivers because your o-line and QB sucks. Snyder would be stupid to trade Moss and Cooley.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #17
Another Year, another mess.
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,465
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
He'll get his hips broken behind this line.

"Help, Ive been sacked and I can't get up."
I wonder if the same thing is said about Bret Farve. His plus out weight his age for me
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

AH is spot on here. The main problem with the team is that they have no heart, no fire, no desire, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

With the proper attitude we could overcome some things like JC's happy feet, center snaps to no one, etc.

But we lack attitude so we do not overcome adversity.

I hope that the next administration eliminates any and all slackers with poor attitudes. No sacred cows. We need a total attitude makeover.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #19
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
You don't trade 2 all pro receivers because your o-line and QB sucks. Snyder would be stupid to trade Moss and Cooley.
Call me crazy because I'd trade both of them. Actually, I'd cut Moss's stupid ass if I couldn't trade him, or put him special ed teams.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #20
Special Teams
 
franklinhimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 110
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
You don't trade 2 all pro receivers because your o-line and QB sucks. Snyder would be stupid to trade Moss and Cooley.
You do when you have a promising starter in the wings (Davis), and you need 3/5 of a new offensive line and a new starting qb. too many holes not to entertain trades for picks, especially with the high probability of an uncapped year and little future free agency acquisitions
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #21
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

I think when Al says, "we", he means the offense.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #22
MVP
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 10,110
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Mr. Haynesworth please shut up. Granted when he's got his breath and is at full strength he is a monster in the middle. The defense must be getting very sick of watching this high school offense. I know he's angry at the offense. But I just hate it when players are calling out teammates to the media.... and in an indirect kind of way that's what he's doing. Keep that shit in house.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #23
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Mr. Haynesworth please shut up. Granted when he's got his breath and is at full strength he is a monster in the middle. The defense must be getting very sick of watching this high school offense. I know he's angry at the offense. But I just hate it when players are calling out teammates to the media.... and in an indirect kind of way that's what he's doing. Keep that shit in house.
If the Skins were even a half assed team, I'd agree with you. But they aren't. They blow balls. The defense has been humiliated by these little nancies. I say call them out by name. I say let AH stick his foot up Portis' and Moss' ass. Portis has no problems talking shit about everyone else. Let him talk his way out of an AH ass whooping.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #24
Impact Rookie
 
BrunellMVP?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 726
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Carter's sack total speaks volumes about Albert's value- not only his he a monster, but he makes everyone else better. The only knock i agree with is that he needs to be in better shape (to play more plays) otherwise, the man is dominant.
__________________
in writing these daily letters and trying to make them interesting it is always possible that some sentiment may occur which has not received the severe and deliberate scrutiny and reconsideration which should attach to a State Paper.
- Churchill
BrunellMVP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #25
Playmaker
 
sportscurmudgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,159
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

maroonandblack30:

You said:
Rock's 1 carry was easily the most explosive an RB has looked for the SKins all year....he should get more carries.

I don't understand why Portis continues to be the feature back, he is hurt and not productive...give someone else who is hungry a chance.

Here is why Portis is the feature back and will be for the rest of the year or until Clinton Portis chooses to "shut it down":


He and Danny Boy are BFFs. If the coaching staff sat Portis down and went with a backfield rotation of Betts/Cartwright and used Portis for only 2 carries in a game, both Portis and his agent Drew Rosenhaus would hit the speed dial numbers they both have for Danny Boy and there would be hell to pay in the Skins' locker room. Just like Vinny and Danny Boy are "tight", so are CP and Danny Boy...

That is why Portis doesn't have to do all the drills in camp and actually complained when Zorn actually wanted him to play in exhibition games with a new offense last year. Notice how that was curtailed this year.

That is why Portis practices only sporadically during the week. The rules for the team don't apply to him and he knows it.

What other player or coach could get away with calling out the coaching staff, bitch about the offensive game plans, complain about the quality of his OL and say how much better he would do if those guys were competent, gett into a pissing match with his blocking fullback and etc with no consequences? On any other team, a player doing that would have to be a first ballot Hall of Fame caliber player. Here all he has to be is Danny Boy's pal...
__________________
The Sports Curmudgeon
www.sportscurmudgeon.com
But don't get me wrong, I love sports...
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon View Post
maroonandblack30:

You said:
Rock's 1 carry was easily the most explosive an RB has looked for the SKins all year....he should get more carries.

I don't understand why Portis continues to be the feature back, he is hurt and not productive...give someone else who is hungry a chance.

Here is why Portis is the feature back and will be for the rest of the year or until Clinton Portis chooses to "shut it down":


He and Danny Boy are BFFs. If the coaching staff sat Portis down and went with a backfield rotation of Betts/Cartwright and used Portis for only 2 carries in a game, both Portis and his agent Drew Rosenhaus would hit the speed dial numbers they both have for Danny Boy and there would be hell to pay in the Skins' locker room. Just like Vinny and Danny Boy are "tight", so are CP and Danny Boy...

That is why Portis doesn't have to do all the drills in camp and actually complained when Zorn actually wanted him to play in exhibition games with a new offense last year. Notice how that was curtailed this year.

That is why Portis practices only sporadically during the week. The rules for the team don't apply to him and he knows it.

What other player or coach could get away with calling out the coaching staff, bitch about the offensive game plans, complain about the quality of his OL and say how much better he would do if those guys were competent, gett into a pissing match with his blocking fullback and etc with no consequences? On any other team, a player doing that would have to be a first ballot Hall of Fame caliber player. Here all he has to be is Danny Boy's pal...
This is why the 100 million dollar man is the only one that can do it.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
You don't trade 2 all pro receivers because your o-line and QB sucks. Snyder would be stupid to trade Moss and Cooley.
I gotta disagree. I would trade Moss, Cooley, and Portis in a heartbeat if the price were right. Then I would use the picks or players received to build the o-line.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #28
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
At least AH is ballin'. I still don't understand people who take shots at him (I guess it's easy because of the $$), the guy is clearly a bright spot for the team this year.
I know right, the guy can take down QB's with his legs.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
Special Teams
 
Green1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 121
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonandblack30 View Post
Rock's 1 carry was easily the most explosive an RB has looked for the SKins all year....he should get more carries.

I don't understand why Portis continues to be the feature back, he is hurt and not productive...give someone else who is hungry a chance.
100% Correct. Let Rock Start!
Green1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #30
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,226
Re: Haynesworth says that we don't "want it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
100% Correct. Let Rock Start!
That guy showed 100% heart last night, I wished everyone played like him.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30869 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25