Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


The line is quite offensive right now

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

The play of the OL so far this season has made just about every member of this board look like the finest GM's in the NFL. Everyone here, for quite some time now have been clamoring for O-lineman, our pleas have fallen on death ears, and what we're seeing now is the result of that negligence.

Right now, it is what it is, there's no help available until we're in better position to address the need.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #17
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,472
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

I wonder how bad JC's ankle is he was limping pretty bad? OL is top priority in the offseason and we need them to come from the draft not FA get younger there then worries about the QB.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #18
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,375
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I find it hard to hate on Bugel when the talent simply isn't there. He's not a miracle worker.
Don't get me wrong, I agree. But unfortunately, it does look bad on Buges because you know the front office expects miracles from him. I agree though, when you have no talent to work with, how do you expect to have them playing past expectations?
__________________
Not the same Skinsguy that posts on ES.
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #19
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 10,580
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
Okay...name the QB who should come in here. Where does he come from? How do you acquire him?

I understand the frustration. I'm to my breaking point with JC, but there's not one quarterback in this league who could look great behind this line, so you better address that as well. And if you want to spend a #1 pick on a QB and have him turn into David Carr behind this GD line, then you're going to be saying F Snead, Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, or Kolb in about 5 years too.
Ive been with JC for 4 years and he has not improved. The Oline we knew about last season and nothing was done. There is no way we give JC an extention, even when he has time in the pocket, he cannot make a play or it too scared to throw the ball. He has shown no leadership skills and no ability to make guys around him better. BYE BYE JC!! Like it or not he is gone, you seriously think Snyder is giving him mo money? I completely agree with building the Oline, I have been screaming it since last year. We need 3 new starters, get one through FA and try to get couple in the draft first and second rounds. Im saying F Snead and Bradford now. Kolb would be a thought. I would support Hasselbeck coming in here for a couple years over JC.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #20
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Fingers crossed that Levi Jones can prove to be a good stop gap LT that can be a solid starter for 2-3 years at the least. We should know by the end of the year whether LT is a need or not. Dockery will likely be back at LG and I don't have a problem with that.

So that leaves center and the right side of the line. Is it possible to get 3 new starters in here or am I dreaming?
If we spend a 1st on an OT, I would think he'd eventually be moved to LT, but yeah if Levi could hold that down in the meantime it would certainly make rebuilding easier.

I think 3 new starters is realistic, 1 in fa & 2 in the draft, assuming that high picks are used for o line. I just wonder if they won't use the 1st or 2nd on a rb. I would love to see CJ Spiller in b & g, but would hate to see him taken in the 1st.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #21
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,403
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ive been with JC for 4 years and he has not improved. The Oline we knew about last season and nothing was done. There is no way we give JC an extention, even when he has time in the pocket, he cannot make a play or it too scared to throw the ball. He has shown no leadership skills and no ability to make guys around him better. BYE BYE JC!! Like it or not he is gone, you seriously think Snyder is giving him mo money? I completely agree with building the Oline, I have been screaming it since last year. We need 3 new starters, get one through FA and try to get couple in the draft first and second rounds. Im saying F Snead and Bradford now. Kolb would be a thought. I would support Hasselbeck coming in here for a couple years over JC.
We might not have to give him a new deal for another season. With an uncapped year he won't become a UFA until year 5, same with Rogers.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #22
The Starter
 
Southpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. MD
Age: 35
Posts: 1,311
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Until you beat the blitz, they are going to keep on coming. JC had a great blitz pickup throw down the middle to ARE in the 2nd half. Those are the things we've got to do to stop teams from blitzing.
You beat the blitz with the run and screen passes. The problem is, this team has apparently forgotten how to run a screen, and I think they're worse at run blocking than they are at pass blocking at this point. Against teams with a good pass rush(which is basically every team left on the schedule), 50-80 rushing yards and 5+ sacks a game is going to be a pretty common occurance.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #23
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
The play of the OL so far this season has made just about every member of this board look like the finest GM's in the NFL. Everyone here, for quite some time now have been clamoring for O-lineman, our pleas have fallen on death ears, and what we're seeing now is the result of that negligence.

Right now, it is what it is, there's no help available until we're in better position to address the need.
Did you hear C. CArter last night on espn? He said that Snyder's actions reflect poorly on the whole nfl, because when fans see a team run this way, they start to believe that they can make decisions better than the people running the team. Your post totally supports what he said. I can't disagree w/it.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #24
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Fingers crossed that Levi Jones can prove to be a good stop gap LT that can be a solid starter for 2-3 years at the least. We should know by the end of the year whether LT is a need or not. Dockery will likely be back at LG and I don't have a problem with that.

So that leaves center and the right side of the line. Is it possible to get 3 new starters in here or am I dreaming?
I think that with a good RT we'll be okay with Rinehart or possibly Williams. If Jones can handle LT, Dock comes back, I see the 2 biggest needs at C and RT.

I think out of last year's draft only Mack and the kid in Buffalo have started at C.. Luigs has gotten some play though, but for the most part other than 1st round C's, you don't see a lot of rookies starting. That means we've gotta find what we want in Edwin Williams or find someone that can hold it down for at least a couple of years similar to what we'll need Levi Jones for. I think this year would be the one to pick the best tackle at under the assumption that he's starting at RT, if not LT. LT might actually be advantageous since he'd be working with a decent G in Dockery, unless we can find something similar at RG to compliment whoever it was.

But yeah, we NEED 2, 3 would be very nice.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #25
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Did you hear C. CArter last night on espn? He said that Snyder's actions reflect poorly on the whole nfl, because when fans see a team run this way, they start to believe that they can make decisions better than the people running the team. Your post totally supports what he said. I can't disagree w/it.
We are the laughingstock of the NFL right now... we're being mocked, snickered at, etc for so many things that we're failing at. A lot of the time they'll be like this team is just playing horribly this year... for us it's the "oh I guess THAT'S the playcalling" or whatever and they get a nice little laugh out of it. The difference isn't that the media hates us, it's that they know that our organization has brought it upon ourselves with all of these ridiculous moves. I wonder how many of the guys know our contract situations, because that's something that we hardly ever hear about until draft-preseason time... if they knew the money that we had locked up into some of these guys it'd be insane
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #26
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
We might not have to give him a new deal for another season. With an uncapped year he won't become a UFA until year 5, same with Rogers.
We're going to at least have to give him some new legs then, option for a wheelchair.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #27
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The line is bad and everyone knows it. Someone needs to take the fall for putting Williams on the roster. Also where is Rinehart?????? But part of the problem is Campbell. He's been doing this all year.....when he steps up in the pocket he keeps moving forward. He doesn't stop and re set his feet. He steps right up in the backs of the guys that are blocking for him. Yes the line sucks but JC sure isn't helping them.
This line has it's problems across the board, but in all fairness to Williams I think he's played fairly well the last two weeks at R/T. The real problem areas on the line right now are at C/RG/LT. I've had my nocks trained on the RT for the last two weeks since Williams has been inserted, he is not the problem.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #28
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Wow, I am simply amazed at how piss poor the OL is. At this point it doesn't matter who is behind center, I'm frankly worried for JC right now. If this keeps up he's not going to last too much longer. He's shell shocked at this point.

Why not get Pete Kendall in here and plug him in at RG, or move Dockery and put Kendall at LG?? Can it really hurt at this point? Also, Levi Jones needs to get coached up and be starting at LT after the bye, no excuses. Heyer is just pathetic at LT and merely serviceable at RT.

Looking ahead to next year the potential free agents are here, but that list could look much different with no cap as 4 year free agents will suddenly not be available until after year 5.

2010 NFL Free Agents: OL

Whoever is calling the personnel shots next offseason better have the OL as priorities #1, #2, and #3.

Get Jared Gaither.




(I actually have him on my Madden franchise with the Skins)
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #29
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 27
Posts: 4,439
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

we definitely need a center and a couple of tackles. i really think rinehart or montgomery could be ok down the line, especially rinehart. montgomery is a good backup to have. i think we should take a chance on a guy like max hall from byu in the later rounds. only major problem here is there are no good free agent qbs besides kyle orton, so that really limits us to the draft in a very weak qb class at the very top.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #30
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 34
Posts: 16,275
Re: The line is quite offensive right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Warrior View Post
I wonder how bad JC's ankle is he was limping pretty bad? OL is top priority in the offseason and we need them to come from the draft not FA get younger there then worries about the QB.

Yeah, he was getting downright abused all night, luckily there is a Bye week. He had to have it taped up in the first half and played fairly well with it for the rest of the game, so I'm not worried.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33591 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25