Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Vinny covering his ass

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #31
Camp Scrub
 
SkinFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stafford, VA
Age: 54
Posts: 49
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Are you guys all for real? Vinny Cerrato is nothing more than a yesman for little Napoleon. Sure he's in way over his head. He's no GM. He's totally covering his ass and a terrible liar to boot. But make no mistake. You can lay the entire blame for this debacle at the feet of DS.
__________________
GM First
SkinFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #32
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,839
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Although I don't know all the facts about who made every decision, I have to believe this as well. Duckett was a major waste, as well as the other mid-round picks we traded during Gibbs 2. We traded away our depth when we traded away those mid-rounders.
If we could actually draft well that would be true, but Snyderatto is not good at drafting players. Look at our last two drafts. Even if you combined both of the last two drafts as one, it is still a terrible draft.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #33
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Vinny covering his ass

I was soooo hoping to hear that VC got fired after last night. They can keep Zorn till the end of the season, but I was sooo hoping we as fans would see DS do something to give us hope that he was not going to put up with the typical SSDD.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #34
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,381
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Vinny the schmuck . So much for accountability .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #35
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Hindsight... I dont remember anyone complaining when we got Orakpo. You guys complained about lack of sacks, hello Rak and Haynesworth = Sacks.
I for one thought that drafting Rak was a good idea and I said so.

I also, along with others, remarked that the Rak pick meant doing double-duty to bring in free agent offensive linemen post-draft. That's the part of the memo that Vinny mostly missed. Signing Mike Williams was not a major move and Bridges got cut, and that's all that Vinny did in response to our post-draft reality.

So I don't blame him for picking Rak over Oher. I blame him because he did not do much else.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #36
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Pretty hard hitting. Here's a damning statement(i like orakpo):


Does that mean Oher wasn't worth it and that they couldn't trade back like cleveland did?

again I like orakpo, but there was a top quality OL available.
Word...I've thought about Oher time and again. Of course we didn't know he would fall so far but the dream move would have been a trade back to about 20 and find a way to get a high 2nd rounder, grab Oher first and one of the quality LBs available in the 2nd...like that kid Rey who's having a pretty impressive season so far

...oh well, i guess that's why Vinny gets paid the big bucks
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #37
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Vinny is a liar, maybe a compulsive one, but a lousy one for certain. While I've tended to leave character out of criticizing our ownership, I also think it's hard to honestly say Vinny's continued presence doesn't say a great deal about lil D as a person. Snyder is clearly content with the face of the organization being a dishonest buffoon.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #38
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 12,514
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, it seems that there is a thread about this already, so I will just say that I do not agree. Even Jim Rome just blasted Lewis for his play calling that wasn't much different from the past. I could get more into it, but I won't. If you think Sherm did well enough to retain his rights after the season, (not that you're saying that, just saying) then go for it. Is he better than Zorn? Shit, I'd give Lewis the head coach job right now...thats how much I think Zorn sucks.
This is where the execution part plays into it

Jim Rome is a turd and not even a polished one at that. You can't look at a play as only "this type of pass" blah blah.. the motions, rollouts, shotgun, different back sets, etc all play into it.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #39
^21^
 
Luxorreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 1,609
Re: Vinny covering his ass

I wish the Dan would just fire Cerrato now. Bring in Shanahan now. Or whoever the GM will be. Snyder is not an idiot and he has got to realize the HUGENESS of this problem. I'm a lifelong fan @ 37 years old and a season ticket holder for 10 years now. I'm blue collar and spend lotsa money on my tickets and driving from Richmond every Sunday. Well I'm not doing it anymore (maybe Dallas game), but otherwise not doing it. Had enough of the bullshit. Not allowing people to wear those Fire Vinny shirts is fucking ridiculous. I'd rather have them ban green or Eagles jerseys. Snyder if you continue to go down this road you will lose me and eventually all of the real true Redskins fans. I'm not questioning my fandom because of the 2-5 record, but simply because of the disarray the organization is in. It makes me very sad. Sorry to go on a tangent... I love my Redskins please hire a GM that knows friggin' FOOTBALL!
__________________
GO SKINS!!! ^21^
Luxorreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #40
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,132
Re: Vinny covering his ass

This years draft
1. Orakpo ( It was also a need pick because we were at the bottom of the league in sacks.)
2.Barnes ( This pick makes no sense, since he is not active on game day. So far a wasted pick for a 3rd rounder.
3.Drafted 2 LB's ( Henson, Cody Glenn) Glenn released, Henson not active on game day. So far 2 wasted picks.
4.Marko Mitchell ( Pleasent surprise in preseason but he is not active on game day. We also drafted 2WR's the year before so why the need to draft another WR? So far another wasted pick form the 2009 draft class.)

We did not have a 2nd rd pick due to trading for Jason Taylor. We release Taylor and have nothing to show for the 2nd round pick. Another wasted move that is catching up to us this season.

Who is held responsible for these moves? VC and Dan.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #41
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Vinny covering his ass

1. Draft picks are not guarantees.
Last year everyone on this board were crying because we couldn't rush the passer. Getting a pass rush for the D was priority one, an this was a UN resolution.

2. The fact is, Gibbs left Zorn a playoff team. Obviously Zorn is incapable of even impersonating an NFL offensive coordinator. Look, when it looks like the entire roster needs to be blown up and all players are suddenly horrible (including the 4 Pro Bowl offensive players), that points to Zorn, point blank period.

3. We have a nice nucleus of young players. I like the 2nd year WRs and Davis. Actually Davis may turn out to be better than Cooley. I would like to start that argument now. The offense is better off with Davis in the line up than with Cooley in the line up. I say trade Cooley for a tight end who can block. That would make more sense than trading a 1500 yard a year RB. Who would yall rather have then Portis: Forte or Turner? (one hit wonders). We need a young RB to go along with Portis to phase in as Portis phases out.

4. We need offensive line help, but one off season should be enough. We need a Center, a Guard, and a Tackle. Every freaking lineman does not have to be a Pro Bowler. No one spends 1st round picks on Centers or Guards. Maybe spend it on a Tackle, but i would rather spend that pick on a young stud to complement Portis.

5. Monday night NFL bloopers film. I had to laugh. Zorn's team is in disarray. He does not know what he is doing. The snap on 4th an goal and all the penalties point to coaching once again. We need to hire a head coach and let him pick his assistants.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #42
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Vinny covering his ass

god I hate that guy...
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
4. We need offensive line help, but one off season should be enough. We need a Center, a Guard, and a Tackle. Every freaking lineman does not have to be a Pro Bowler. No one spends 1st round picks on Centers or Guards. Maybe spend it on a Tackle, but i would rather spend that pick on a young stud to complement Portis.
yeah no one spends 1st round picks on C and G but nobody completely neglects it either. It is asinine to say that you shouldn't draft lineman, one of the reason the colts, pats, giants, the best teams in the league stay the best is because they are continuously replenishing the trenches.

You say that we didn't have a pass rush, we also happened to have the third best defense in the league. Are you saying we made a better decisions by investing 150 mil on AH and DH. Don't you think we could have just gotten some decent players and spent some money on the OL? your argument is specious b/c while you speak a truth, next to no one is contesting that truth and you don't account for the fact that you do need to draft quality OL and develop them in your system so you don't need to go after pricey free agents who often disappoint.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #44
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,119
Re: Vinny covering his ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
This years draft
3.Drafted 2 LB's ( Henson, Cody Glenn) Glenn released, Henson not active on game day. So far 2 wasted picks.
We did not have a 2nd rd pick due to trading for Jason Taylor. We release Taylor and have nothing to show for the 2nd round pick. Another wasted move that is catching up to us this season.

Who is held responsible for these moves? VC and Dan.
This is the crap that really burns me up. The LB picks were complete garbage throw-away waste of picks....I just dont get it, especially with the OLINE issues
Jason Taylor is a bum, Pacells made our FO look like a bunch of idoits....

I really hate Siegfried & Roy running the FO, but we get what we deserve
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #45
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Vinny covering his ass

We did not have a pass rush last year. That was the big griping point. We did not create turnovers, we could not stop people on third down. Fact. Yeah we need O-line help. We need to help rebuild the O-line, but dang we made some moves with the O-line. Some players like Rhinehart didn't turn out to be good. That's the luck of the draft. Patriots build from free agents too. Look at what we have some good younfg players. We don't have a coaching staff capable of covering our weaknesses and killing our opponents with our strengths. No team has Pro Bowlers at every position. The coaches, Zorn in particular, do not know how to use what they have. For instance, the Giants secondary sucks but they manage to get by. the Patriots secondary sucks. The Colts entire defense sucks. It is coaching my man. No blowing up rosters okay??? That is a gamble too
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32798 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25