Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Your next QB for the Skins?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #286
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Redskins looking at QB Rowe?

Biggs: Redskins take a look at QB Rowe | National Football Post
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #287
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

SI.com info on Rowe....

SI.com - 2007 NFL Draft - Jeff Rowe
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #288
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

It'll probably be:

1st String- Bradford (although I like McCoy)
2nd String- Brennan or Collins (camp battle, again)
3rd String- Woodson
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #289
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

I would love it if Brennan would develop into a solid starter (Orton did) so that we could focus on the line and other areas like RB.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #290
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

2 words Colt Brennan

Anyone who can get themselves in the Heisman conversation outta little Hawaii diserves a chance to show what he can do. I seem to remember a time peoples sigs here said start Campbell now!
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #291
No new threads for you
 
pg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,959
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
What about one of the young backups, Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart, etc. Personally, I think Leinart would be a good move if we thought we could get him for a 2nd rounder. That way, we can still draft our replacement for Samuels, and get a QB who's further ahead of the NFL learning curve than an untested rookie.
I'd clean house with the exception of Brenan and yeah maybe bring in these guys Matt Leinart seemed like he was gonna be alright in this league if he had a line!
pg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #292
Special Teams
 
franklinhimself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 110
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

from walterfootball...


Washington Redskins: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
I don't think Tim Tebow should be drafted in the top half of the first round, but there's a huge difference between what will happen and what should happen.

There have been reports that Jon Gruden is atop Daniel Snyder's wish list for his next head coach. Snyder would prefer Gruden over someone like Mike Shanahan, because Shanahan would want complete control over player operations.

If Snyder gets his way and hires Gruden, you can bet all the money you have that Gruden will draft Tim Tebow and install the Wildcat as a staple of Washington's offense. Gruden himself said that Tebow will be a "top-10 pick" and that he'll "revolutionize the game." Gruden also jizzes in his pants every time he talks about the Wildcat on Monday Night Football.

There's also little doubt that Snyder will support this. Snyder loves going after big-name players and will be looking for a franchise quarterback. Snyder has a sharp business mind, so he knows how much revenue he can make with an iconic figure like Tebow.



It makes too much unfortunate sense.
franklinhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #293
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,405
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinhimself View Post
from walterfootball...


Washington Redskins: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
I don't think Tim Tebow should be drafted in the top half of the first round, but there's a huge difference between what will happen and what should happen.

There have been reports that Jon Gruden is atop Daniel Snyder's wish list for his next head coach. Snyder would prefer Gruden over someone like Mike Shanahan, because Shanahan would want complete control over player operations.

If Snyder gets his way and hires Gruden, you can bet all the money you have that Gruden will draft Tim Tebow and install the Wildcat as a staple of Washington's offense. Gruden himself said that Tebow will be a "top-10 pick" and that he'll "revolutionize the game." Gruden also jizzes in his pants every time he talks about the Wildcat on Monday Night Football.

There's also little doubt that Snyder will support this. Snyder loves going after big-name players and will be looking for a franchise quarterback. Snyder has a sharp business mind, so he knows how much revenue he can make with an iconic figure like Tebow.



It makes too much unfortunate sense.
I think a lot of the fans want this as well
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #294
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg86 View Post
2 words Colt Brennan

Anyone who can get themselves in the Heisman conversation outta little Hawaii diserves a chance to show what he can do. I seem to remember a time peoples sigs here said start Campbell now!
It's been interesting that Colt's name hasn't come up much here during these times. Relatively speaking, he's barely been mentioned when you consider how much he was talked about in preseason.

If the coaches like him, whoever they may be come draft time, I would like to see a mid round or vet qb pick up to compete w/him for the starting job. I don't know if Collins is back. Anyone know about his contract?
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #295
The Starter
 
Redskin Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 1,525
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
It's been interesting that Colt's name hasn't come up much here during these times. Relatively speaking, he's barely been mentioned when you consider how much he was talked about in preseason.

If the coaches like him, whoever they may be come draft time, I would like to see a mid round or vet qb pick up to compete w/him for the starting job. I don't know if Collins is back. Anyone know about his contract?
I think one reason he's not being talked about is that Zorn wanted him and mostly everything Zorn has done, is doing, and will do is being second guessed by most.
__________________
WIN, LOSE OR DRAW I'M A DIE-HARD REDSKIN FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Redskin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #296
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

I think Colt is too closely connected to Zorn.

Watching the Texas vs. OSU game from this past weekend...and I still really like Zac Robinson

http://i33.tinypic.com/x29l5k.jpg
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #297
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Actually it has more to do with the fact that PJ5 is on IR and has done jack and shit for this team since he has been here. Next season he is going to have to prove himself, but frankly he might not even be given the chance, not that he has earned it though. I like the kid but his chances here are almost diminshed (Zorn or no Zorn).
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #298
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

With a new coach you can pretty much kiss Colt good-bye.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #299
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

I would rather wave with swine flu going around and everything.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #300
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Your next QB for the Skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
OK, we all know this season is a bust, and most of us know that while Campbell is NOT the #1 problem, he is indeed a problem and needs to be replaced. If you don't feel he should be replaced, feel free to move beyond this thread...for those that do know he needs to be replaced, who would you replace him with.
Of course we would all love to have Peyton Manning, but there aren't enough first round picks in the world that could pry him away from Indy.

So who will be your poison?

Clausen?
Bradford?
Tebow?
How bout a current NFL qb in a poor situation like Marc Bulger? Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Jeff Garcia, and numerous others will be available, or at least available with minimal force.

(mods, feel free to post a poll)
sorry guys....i dont have time to read the whole thread before i scoot off to the cavs game.....wondering what you guys think of colt brennan......was a huge fan of him in college.....thought he should've won the heisman......was statistically the best QB of all time in college football......why hasnt he gotten a chance if you are really ready to move on past jason campbell who is, in my mind, a pretty decent QB
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27619 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25