Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #106
The Starter
 
Skinny Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redskins Nation
Posts: 1,715
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
one thing i'll say is that if you focuse on abraham too much, babineaux will take advantage of it....at times he made our future pro bowl guard look like a dud

i think the redskins can pull this off if they focus on running the ball and setting up play action....if you can establish the run against a solid run defense, the play action will be that much more deadly against a poor secondary
Remind me again....can you run the play action in under 1.8 seconds?
__________________
Redskinsly,
_________Skinny Tee_________
Skinny Tee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #107
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Remind me again....can you run the play action in under 1.8 seconds?
i never counted....but sure, if the WR is open

campbell will have more than 1.8 seconds to get the ball out.....in fact, the play action is designed to give him a little bit longer and get the WR a little more open
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i the play action is designed to give him a little bit longer and get the WR a little more open
and a sweep is designed to get you more than one yard
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #109
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
and a sweep is designed to get you more than one yard
every play is designed to get you yardage.....the redskins arent playing to their strengths right now and its costing them games

clinton portis can carry the team on his back but instead, they pass and get jason campbell sacked one of his 20 times so far this season

max protect him and it wont get him put on his back so much......the redskins receivers are fast enough to get open and if campbell has time, theres no reason why he couldnt get the ball to one of them

clinton portis is still one of the best backs in the league and hes in the prime of his career....give him the game and he'll do great things

i shouldnt have to defend your team for you guys
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #110
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
every play is designed to get you yardage.....the redskins arent playing to their strengths right now and its costing them games

clinton portis can carry the team on his back but instead, they pass and get jason campbell sacked one of his 20 times so far this season

max protect him and it wont get him put on his back so much......the redskins receivers are fast enough to get open and if campbell has time, theres no reason why he couldnt get the ball to one of them

clinton portis is still one of the best backs in the league and hes in the prime of his career....give him the game and he'll do great things

i shouldnt have to defend your team for you guys
judging by your assesments we should beat the saints then right????
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #111
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
judging by your assesments we should beat the saints then right????
lol dont read between the lines......im saying you could win against atlanta
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #112
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

guess we'll find out in a few hours
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #113
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
guess we'll find out in a few hours
nothing like anticipation eh?

fwiw.....you guys are the only team in the east that i wouldnt mind winning the division.....everybody else just gets licked up and down by the media all day and i wonder, where are the redskins at?
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #114
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
nothing like anticipation eh?

fwiw.....you guys are the only team in the east that i wouldnt mind winning the division.....everybody else just gets licked up and down by the media all day and i wonder, where are the redskins at?
look at their records then ours that should clarify that for you, plus espn loves to ride teams like the cowboys nuts just like they do with the yankees, they are the teams with fans just about every where because their parents didn't love them enough to sit them down and watch their home teams with them, nothin pisses me off more than some one born and raised in centreville va and is a "die hard" cowboys fan
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #115
JUST LIVIN
 
htownskinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: houston,tx
Age: 52
Posts: 3,530
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

I think the punting game is going to cost us,if we have the same scrub who subbed for hunter as last time.I think our special teams have been way overlooked for yrs,and when we finally sign a good punter hes injured.Shuisham hasnt missed a kick all yr but we cant get him any opportunites
__________________
Ho
Lee
Chit
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #116
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I think the punting game is going to cost us,if we have the same scrub who subbed for hunter as last time.I think our special teams have been way overlooked for yrs,and when we finally sign a good punter hes injured.Shuisham hasnt missed a kick all yr but we cant get him any opportunites
we got sam paulescue who was "punting on a highschool field on wednesday" atleast he wasn't calling bingo though right
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #117
Special Teams
 
RedskinsfaninBaltimore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 140
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Exactly.
RedskinsfaninBaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 AM   #118
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,494
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

I expect our O-Line to give up sacks and poor run blocking. I expect our special teams to not score a TD on a return or force a turnover. I expect our defense to play well but have break downs and give up a big play or 2. I expect our defense not to score a touch down, FF, Int, or FR. I expect our offense not to score over 17 points and I expect to be down early in the game. I also expect us to play hard and lose on the road.

I want us to win but im just a fan who roots for the B&G since 1972....
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #119
The Starter
 
warpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,006
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

How can we use our weakness to better our team? We all know our O-line is crap so what can we do?

ATL. is going to blitz all day so what plays due you run to counter that, what personel due we put on the field?

We got to get a win?HTTR
__________________
"Not only do you get a 1st down, but you get a whole new set of downs" John Madden
warpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #120
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: What do you expect in the Atlanta game

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpaint View Post
How can we use our weakness to better our team? We all know our O-line is crap so what can we do?

ATL. is going to blitz all day so what plays due you run to counter that, what personel due we put on the field?

We got to get a win?HTTR
screens, draws, flanker passes....throw it to cooley over the middle

against aggressive defenses its best to either max protect or let them come and dump it over top of them

cooley and portis should see a couple extra targets this game

whats the deal on ladell betts? i thought he was pretty decent but hasnt seen many touches at all
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29401 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25