Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Our next coach??

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:37 AM   #736
Playmaker
 
skins89moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,135
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Oh my god you scared the hell out of me. No he's not with Atlanta. He's actually with Houston who is looking to possibly blow their team up at the end of the season. I guess it would be a plus if we get Shanahan here he could bring his son in from Houston and possibly Alex Gibbs.
Ok Alex Gibbs is with the Texans now. Im sure he spent a few years with the Falcons maybe when Vick was still there. I also believe the Texans will fire their coach this season, due to the teams failure to make the playoffs. High expectations this season for the Texans but again they have struggled. Sounds like our team.
__________________
www.islandstyleflowers.com Home of the Hawaiian Foam FlowersRedskins Fan Since 1972
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #737
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Our next coach??

if that is the case , maybe Kubiak ends up here as offensive coordinator?
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #738
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
if that is the case , maybe Kubiak ends up here as offensive coordinator?
I would suspect if Shanahan is named HC he will bring in his son from the Texans who is the OC there now. I almost hope not since the Texans don't look good and it essentally would be just bringing in that teams problems here but I'm still betting he tries to set up his son here.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #739
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Our next coach??

Ok so I looked and Kubiak was Shanahan's OC in Denver. I could live with him being OC here. But if that happens what do we do with his son whome I would suppose would be brought in? I still would like to get Alex Gibbs for the OL in order to give them new life and a new blocking scheme.

I find it also funny that we picked up Alridge again and put him on the practice squad. I think Shanahan loves this kid. I would love to see us with the great running system that Shanahan had in Denver with Alridge running. So long as the fumbles can be cured.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #740
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Our next coach??

The case for Jerry Gray:
With the offense waking up these past few week because of the playcalling of Shermin Lewis, I can see the skins promoting Jerry Grey to HC. Let go of Jim Zorn, and Sherman Smith, then retain the rest of the staff. If they let go off Vinny and hire a new guy this would give that person a season to see what he has on this washington team.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #741
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
The case for Jerry Gray:
With the offense waking up these past few week because of the playcalling of Shermin Lewis, I can see the skins promoting Jerry Grey to HC. Let go of Jim Zorn, and Sherman Smith, then retain the rest of the staff. If they let go off Vinny and hire a new guy this would give that person a season to see what he has on this washington team.
That would definitely be a PLAN C for Snyder, but one I would be "satisfied" with.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #742
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ok so I looked and Kubiak was Shanahan's OC in Denver. I could live with him being OC here. But if that happens what do we do with his son whome I would suppose would be brought in? I still would like to get Alex Gibbs for the OL in order to give them new life and a new blocking scheme.

I find it also funny that we picked up Alridge again and put him on the practice squad. I think Shanahan loves this kid. I would love to see us with the great running system that Shanahan had in Denver with Alridge running. So long as the fumbles can be cured.
Why replace Bugel with Alex Gibbs? I wouldn't do it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #743
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Our next coach??

I also saw someone throw out Dennis Green, who has worked with Lewis before
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #744
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,449
Re: Our next coach??

Honestly I'm so sick of all the damn change around here. I bought this up in another thread but how in the hell are we ever going to compete against the teams in the division when we're always changing coaches?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #745
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,318
Re: Our next coach??

except for at the top we haven't had overall coaching changes in 5 years
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #746
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I also saw someone throw out Dennis Green, who has worked with Lewis before
I'd rather have Denny Crane (Shatner's character from Boston Legal).
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #747
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Honestly I'm so sick of all the damn change around here. I bought this up in another thread but how in the hell are we ever going to compete against the teams in the division when we're always changing coaches?
Agreed, but we made a bad hire w/ Zorn in part b/c our organization is too screwed up and the fact that many don't want to work w/ VC.

I'm warming up to the current coaching staff, including Zorn. I'm not warming up to VC though and he's gotta go. He's gotta go no matter what the implications are for Zorn and Co. New GM means new coaching and i'm ok w/ that.

If VC is kept in his current role, i'm for Zorn staying.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #748
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Agreed, but we made a bad hire w/ Zorn in part b/c our organization is too screwed up and the fact that many don't want to work w/ VC.

I'm warming up to the current coaching staff, including Zorn. I'm not warming up to VC though and he's gotta go. He's gotta go no matter what the implications are for Zorn and Co. New GM means new coaching and i'm ok w/ that.

If VC is kept in his current role, i'm for Zorn staying.
Did two people write this post? You seemed to conflict yourself a couple of times there
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #749
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Our next coach??

I just can't live with status quo unless we were an above 500 team.

If there is no CBA/CAP does that mean this year is the year when teams will not have to worry about a draft? Basically teams could talk to all the college kids and the kid gets to decide who he would want to play for vs. getting picked like a draft?

I ask cause I remember someone saying if there is no CBA then there would be no draft and essentially teams can talk to all players. Would this be the year or would it be the 2011 year?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #750
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Did two people write this post? You seemed to conflict yourself a couple of times there
No see you misunderstood him.....he's saying that we made a bad hire cause Zorn is not a good HC but he's willing to live with it if Cerrato has to stay.

Ya know what...it still sounds conflicted.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.59882 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25