Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #151
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Marronandblack30 I see you have Zorn as your Avator. Jim zorn what a waste of head sets!!!!
Yawnnnnn
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #152
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonandblack30 View Post
HAHAHHA...wow.

Yeah I would hate for Peyton to be a Skin.
You forgot about those years when Peyton he couldn't win a playoff game? the Colts stuck with him. You don't seem the kind to stick behind the Redskins players. One bad game and ohh we need to get rid of them.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #153
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
You forgot about those years when Peyton he couldn't win a playoff game? the Colts stuck with him. You don't seem the kind to stick behind the Redskins players. One bad game and ohh we need to get rid of them.
Peyton has been one of the best QBs in the league since he was drafted...Good QBs are at a premium...no one ever suggested giving on him. CP is an old, worn down RB, RBs are a dime a dozen in this league, even good ones.

Peyton Manning is a great teammate and leader, CP is a selfish cancer....I hardly think thats a good comparison

Really? Just one?
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #154
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

I think the bottom line is that Portis is hurt. It happened sometime last year after or during he was leading the league in rushing. Now because he is hurt, he has missed practice time and between not practicing and being injured, he just is not effective right now.

He should be benched until he is 100% and I would say that if Betts continues to play like this, Betts should be our starting runningback until Clinton EARNS the starting spot back. Unfortunately it seems that starting runningback is Portis' job if he feels like he can play. Zorn's press conference today didn't give me confidence that anything has changed and when Clinton feels like playing he will be back in, even if he is still hurt.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #155
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonandblack30 View Post
Peyton has been one of the best QBs in the league since he was drafted...Good QBs are at a premium...no one ever suggested giving on him. CP is an old, worn down RB, RBs are a dime a dozen in this league, even good ones.

Peyton Manning is a great teammate and leader, CP is a selfish cancer....I hardly think thats a good comparison

Really? Just one?

Peyton is not a Redskin. Nuff said. Shut up!!!!!
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #156
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Peyton is not a Redskin. Nuff said. Shut up!!!!!
I don't think I ever said he was...but this is ground breaking...good call.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #157
Special Teams
 
maroonandblack30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 348
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
I think the bottom line is that Portis is hurt. It happened sometime last year after or during he was leading the league in rushing. Now because he is hurt, he has missed practice time and between not practicing and being injured, he just is not effective right now.

He should be benched until he is 100% and I would say that if Betts continues to play like this, Betts should be our starting runningback until Clinton EARNS the starting spot back. Unfortunately it seems that starting runningback is Portis' job if he feels like he can play. Zorn's press conference today didn't give me confidence that anything has changed and when Clinton feels like playing he will be back in, even if he is still hurt.
I totally agree....At the same time, Portis is always hurt thats who he is. Kinda of like Bryan Westbrook or Bob Sanders...the "he is very good when he is healthy" arguement gets tired after 2-3 years.

I agree about Zorns PC...he sounded like as soon as Portis is healthy the job is his.
maroonandblack30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #158
The Starter
 
joethiesmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,163
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Look at Portis's stats. Where in those stats do you see a player that is always hurt. If Betts didn't fumble so much Gibbs would have let him run more. AP has Chester, LT has the short dude, Jacobs has Bradshaw, Barber has choice (Felix Jones always hurt). We tried it with Betts during Gibbs II, but he kept fumbling!!! Portis does not fumble that much son. One fumble per season.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #159
The Starter
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 1,949
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

One Fumble per season? I've read your posts and i like your style, but you have to be making a joke here. Please tell me you are.

I do agree with the posters who said that something happened to Portis between late last year and earlier this year. Maybe they were just keeping quiet about it because of his salary and all, but who knows.

Because it used to be where he would just practice a little bit, but now he's reached some "elite" level in his mind that says he doesn't have to practice, or workout, or do anything team related during the week. Just put the pads on for gameday, stumble forward for 2 yards, and then say after the game that the Oline has you limited...rinse and repeat
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #160
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Look at Portis's stats. Where in those stats do you see a player that is always hurt. If Betts didn't fumble so much Gibbs would have let him run more. AP has Chester, LT has the short dude, Jacobs has Bradshaw, Barber has choice (Felix Jones always hurt). We tried it with Betts during Gibbs II, but he kept fumbling!!! Portis does not fumble that much son. One fumble per season.
You're high on crack!
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #161
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You said previously, "the offensive line is always the reason for a good running game......ALWAYS....."

I pointed out that you were wrong, giving the example of Barry Sanders. There are many more examples: OJ Simpson did not always have the Electric Company, Eric Dickerson ran behind some shaky lines, for a few years Emmitt Smith did not have the best line but still put up yards...I can keep going as there are many more examples.
because they had good offensive lines......players like barry sanders dont come around all the time.....all of the other players you mentioned played on good teams with good offensive lines regardless of whatever garbage you think you pointed out.....

is LT a hall of famer without his offensive line and fullback? is emmit smith the all time leading rusher without he cowboys offensive line? NO.....they are not

for some reason you think you are right about this but you arent....its so blatantly obvious that you know nothin about the offensive line and its making the rest of the redskins fans look bad

Quote:
Same thing with your point about Portis. You keep citing 2008 although now it is 2009. Once again, your argument is flawed, yet you are not man enough to admit it.
i keep citing last season because people continue to claim that he has been struggling for more than just this season.....read the thread dude

the fact is that portis is struggling because he is hurt and because the team is bad......not because he is bad

im telling you that you are blinded by the fact that your team is losing

but your too blind to see that as well

open your eyes..portis is not the problem......so what if he doesnt practice.....thats not a bad thing, especially if he can still produce on sunday.....its a bad thing if he doesnt practice and stinks on sundays.....but he doesnt

why would you want your best running back and one of the highest paid players on the team to get hurt doing something as silly as running drills in practice when the only thing that matters is sundays?
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #162
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Its funny how fans like this from another team which finally is playing great football think now they can come tell us what we are doing wrong. Oh, by the way Saints will fall apart again this year so ride that train while you can.
like ive said before

ive been here since april......i was invited by an intelligent, well informed poster from this forum but it appears he has left....can you blame him?

you guys are in a position that my team has been in for their entire history....but you guys are new to it so you jump the gun, blame players, coaches and front office officials for how poorly the team is playing

you call for the coaches head, the running backs job.......you want to draft a QB in the first round when just last season you were bumming because you thought for sure that they would draft a QB in the first round

you know the last time you guys drafted an offensive lineman in the first round? 2000......since then you guys havent spent any higher than a 3rd round pick on a lineman

you guys have a good defense because the 4 of the last 5 first round picks have been defensive players not to mention the free agents you guys bring in......but almost no attention has been paid to the offensive line
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #163
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
because they had good offensive lines......players like barry sanders dont come around all the time.....all of the other players you mentioned played on good teams with good offensive lines regardless of whatever garbage you think you pointed out.....

is LT a hall of famer without his offensive line and fullback? is emmit smith the all time leading rusher without he cowboys offensive line? NO.....they are not

for some reason you think you are right about this but you arent....its so blatantly obvious that you know nothin about the offensive line and its making the rest of the redskins fans look bad



i keep citing last season because people continue to claim that he has been struggling for more than just this season.....read the thread dude

the fact is that portis is struggling because he is hurt and because the team is bad......not because he is bad

im telling you that you are blinded by the fact that your team is losing

but your too blind to see that as well

open your eyes..portis is not the problem......so what if he doesnt practice.....thats not a bad thing, especially if he can still produce on sunday.....its a bad thing if he doesnt practice and stinks on sundays.....but he doesnt

why would you want your best running back and one of the highest paid players on the team to get hurt doing something as silly as running drills in practice when the only thing that matters is sundays?
1) you completely failed to appreciate the fact that the offensive lines for those players CHANGED - some years they had good lines, some years they did not. Some years Emmitt Smith ran behind mediocre offensive lines and he still got the job done.

What this means is that your original claim that the running game ALWAYS hinges ONLY on the offensive line was simplistic and mistaken. As usual, you see reality in terms of black-and-white (sometimes literally), when in fact reality consists of shades of gray.

2) what you fail to appreciate about Portis is that he has not brought it on Sundays this year. Saying that only Sundays matter just highlights Portis' deficiencies this year.

As always, you are too small of a person to admit when you are wrong.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #164
The Starter
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reisterstown, MD
Posts: 1,188
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Zorn has said Portis is the starter when he comes back. I hope he changes his mind. Betts has looked good in both the Atlanta and Denver games.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #165
Impact Rookie
 
PennSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 752
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Portis v. Betts: What the Redskins should do. | DC Pro Sports Report

Here is our take
__________________
DC Pro Sports Report - Home of the Internet's Largest NFL Mock Draft Database. Best Redskins Redskins discussion, theWarpath.net

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36157 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25