Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #316
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I have watched every Redskins play this season. If the game is not on tv, I watch the game live on the internet.

So let's be specific: tell me about Portis' play at the goal line against the Rams. What happened, and why?

If you've seen the games, you can answer that question.

I'm waiting...
lmao how the hell would i know

what happened on the very first play of the game? what happened on the very first play of the 3rd qtr in the 3rd game of the season?

i didnt watch the rams game......i have no idea what happened and i really dont care
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #317
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,030
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
lmao how the hell would i know

what happened on the very first play of the game? what happened on the very first play of the 3rd qtr in the 3rd game of the season?

i didnt watch the rams game......i have no idea what happened and i really dont care
Fine. Then I am left to repeat:

You really have not seen Portis play this year! Yet you argue with those of us who have seen every Portis carry this year?

You have not watched Portis play but you still feel justified in telling people who have watched every play that they are wrong.

What a loser.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #318
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Fine. Then I am left to repeat:

You really have not seen Portis play this year! Yet you argue with those of us who have seen every Portis carry this year?

You have not watched Portis play but you still feel justified in telling people who have watched every play that they are wrong.

What a loser.
lol......ur silly
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #319
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #320
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
lmao how the hell would i know

what happened on the very first play of the game? what happened on the very first play of the 3rd qtr in the 3rd game of the season?

i didnt watch the rams game......i have no idea what happened and i really dont care
Can we ban this guy?

Even the Cowboys or Giant fans on this board make more sense.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #321
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,030
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Can we ban this guy?

Even the Cowboys or Giant fans on this board make more sense.
I'm up for that. I'll be happy to see his racist comments gone.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #322
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Can we ban this guy?

Even the Cowboys or Giant fans on this board make more sense.
i never once mentioned that i watched the rams game did i? in fact.....i told you guys which games i did get to watch

no i didnt watch all of those games and no i had no idea i was going to be having this conversation....i dont watch the redskins like i watch the saints....i watch the redskins because its football......not to analyze them

you guys are clowns
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #323
Gamebreaker
 
DynamiteRave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 28
Posts: 12,805
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'm up for that. I'll be happy to see his racist comments gone.
I'm almost prone to seconding that. I'd really like the see empirically based studies which proves what he's saying as fact.
__________________
Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best.

"We're officially horrible." -RedskinRat

I'm a chick, damnit.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #324
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i never once mentioned that i watched the rams game did i? in fact.....i told you guys which games i did get to watch

no i didnt watch all of those games and no i had no idea i was going to be having this conversation....i dont watch the redskins like i watch the saints....i watch the redskins because its football......not to analyze them
Well then you need to stop posting then, or stop making arguments you can't back up. Otherwise you're just basically spamming the board with your non-sense. I mean we don't expect everyone here to be a game analyst, but the whole pulling things out of your ass does get tiresome.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #325
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Well then you need to stop posting then, or stop making arguments you can't back up. Otherwise you're just basically spamming the board with your non-sense. I mean we don't expect everyone here to be a game analyst, but the whole pulling things out of your ass does get tiresome.
lol im just as welcome to post here as you are

just because you disagree with what i say doesnt mean im wrong

i havent seen a valid argument yet to tell me why portis should sit and betts should start over him other than a bunch of disgruntled fans complaining about the team and blaming a scapegoat for the team's failures
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #326
Special Teams
 
CantonLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 131
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

betts is older than portis.....hes right at the age where production drops off right?

betts has less yardage than portis this season even tho betts is clearly better? i dont understand that either

betts was given his chance to be a starter but since portis' arrival in washington he has yet to relinquish his position
CantonLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #327
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

The difference is that Betts workload has been considerably less that Portis' in his career. So although Betts may be older in age he's much younger in terms of wear and tear. Not arguing one way or the other, just saying.
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #328
Camp Scrub
 
TheBigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
betts is older than portis.....hes right at the age where production drops off right?

betts has less yardage than portis this season even tho betts is clearly better? i dont understand that either

betts was given his chance to be a starter but since portis' arrival in washington he has yet to relinquish his position
I always laugh when fans from one team start "telling" fans of another team what is going to happen with the other teams players.

Nevertheless in 2006,
when portis went down, Betts started 9 of the 16 games and had over 1100yds rushing. While it was a horrible year, could Betts have gone for 1800+yds rushing had he started the entire year and would it have made a difference in the season?

Who knows, but not bad for a backup and only starting half the season.

Just a little food for thought.......
__________________
We have 3 important milestones in each season. Dallas Game 1, Dallas Game 2 and making the playoffs.
TheBigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #329
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,458
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigDaddy View Post
I always laugh when fans from one team start "telling" fans of another team what is going to happen with the other teams players.

Nevertheless in 2006,
when portis went down, Betts started 9 of the 16 games and had over 1100yds rushing. While it was a horrible year, could Betts have gone for 1800+yds rushing had he started the entire year and would it have made a difference in the season?

Who knows, but not bad for a backup and only starting half the season.

Just a little food for thought.......
Isn't it hilarious?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #330
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Portis is a BIG problem!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
betts is older than portis.....hes right at the age where production drops off right?n
The drop off in production for a RB is not just based on age, but age + number of carries. While Betts may be older than Portis, Betts has not had the same number of carries (and therefore the same amount of punishment) than Portis has. So in this particular fact that you are bringing up to "make your case" you are WRONG. Sadly, you'll just laugh it off and put more pictures of clowns or some other crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
betts has less yardage than portis this season even tho betts is clearly better? i dont understand that either
Well this is a naive simple-minded argument which I'll disprove, however I'm sure you'll laugh it off or something.

Many people are making the argument that Betts has made a more significant impact with his running this season than Portis has. While Portis (494 yds) may have more yards than Betts' 205 yds. (since he has played more games than Betts); Betts in two games has had a higher per game rushing yard average (4.1, 4.7) than Portis had in the first half of the season, and he has already doubled the number of TDs (2) that Portis scored (1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
betts was given his chance to be a starter but since portis' arrival in washington he has yet to relinquish his position
Ok, this is where you have to do this moronic thing of being specific about your claims and mention facts that support your argument. So allow me to make the provide the following information:

- Betts was drafted in the Spurrier regime in the 2nd round of the 2002 draft. A RB by the name of Stephen Davis was still the RB during that season.
- In 2003, the team brought Trung Canidate to be the RB (if memory serves me right), Betts only played 9 games that season and ran for 255 yds, almost half of what Canidate produced (600 yds) in 11 games.
- By 2004, Joe Gibbs decided to bring Portis in the blockbuster trade, Betts was a leftover from the Spurrier era.

Now Betts did have the chance to become the starter in 2006 when Portis went down with injury, and had a 1,174 yds season. However, this is when Portis was in his prime, and of course the team would not get rid of Portis at that stage.

So given this information, I don't understand where you see a situation where Betts was even given the chance to be the starter...save for 2006, in a year that he actually gave the front office a reason for him to be the starter.

You keep saying that you have the right to post and express your opinion...this is the only part in which you are correct. It is my opinion that you do not bring any type of educated discussion to this forum. You keep making arguments without any type of facts or other information to back them up, you dismiss any counter arguments made by people, even when they prove you completely wrong.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.41078 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25