Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #16
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,593
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin37 View Post
Take a 3rd rounder for Cooley and move on.
ANY team would love to take that kind of deal..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #17
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,442
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskin37 View Post
Take a 3rd rounder for Cooley and move on.
I'm for trading Cooley but he's worth more than a third.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
if Davis really steps up, why not trade Cooley? you would think he would have some value. and aren't we at the point of blowing this whole thing up?
Because Cooley is not the type of guy you get rid of. Davis is one that you hope reels you in a draft pick. I sware though Davis is the most turnover prone player I've ever seen. If he's not fumbling a ball it's going through his hands and into a tip drill for the opposition. He's actually pretty good but the amount of mistakes he makes his uncanny.

Cooley will likely be top teir for the next 6 years (basically until he turns 33) and even then he might still be effective. You want him around for whenever you get out of the basement.

Gonzo and Shannon Sharpe have both been effective once they got past 30. Tight End is a tough position but you don't loose to much speed like a receiver would and you don't get beat up like a running back.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #19
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Because Cooley is not the type of guy you get rid of. Davis is one that you hope reels you in a draft pick. I sware though Davis is the most turnover prone player I've ever seen. If he's not fumbling a ball it's going through his hands and into a tip drill for the opposition. He's actually pretty good but the amount of mistakes he makes his uncanny.

Cooley will likely be top teir for the next 6 years (basically until he turns 33) and even then he might still be effective. You want him around for whenever you get out of the basement.

Gonzo and Shannon Sharpe have both been effective once they got past 30. Tight End is a tough position but you don't loose to much speed like a receiver would and you don't get beat up like a running back.
I want to think Davis' issues are temporary cuz in college he was a sure ball-handler. It's like he's sorta forgot some fundamentals and needs to take it a little easier just sticking to the basics.

Cooley won't lose any of his speed or he'd be a statue LOL. I mean the awesome thing about him is he doesn't depend on his wheels to get open. He's a superb route-runner and can almost always "lose" his defender for enough time to catch a pass, at which point he rambles up field in slow motion for what turns out to be a shocking amount of yardage. Cooley rocks!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Cooley is the only playmaker on our team who consistently performs, and aside from this injury he's been perfectly durable as well. He's a pro bowler, a fan favorite, and reliable. Why on earth should we trade our best offensive player who is in him prime? He'll be at an all pro level for another 5 or so years easily, and if we're gonna start over with a young qb, it will be valuable to have a safety valve of Cooley's caliber.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #21
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,754
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Cooley is the only playmaker on our team who consistently performs, and aside from this injury he's been perfectly durable as well. He's a pro bowler, a fan favorite, and reliable. Why on earth should we trade our best offensive player who is in him prime? He'll be at an all pro level for another 5 or so years easily, and if we're gonna start over with a young qb, it will be valuable to have a safety valve of Cooley's caliber.
Agreed, the whole concept of trading Cooley is laughable. Is like we have little Vinny Cerratos running around here. LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #22
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Agreed, the whole concept of trading Cooley is laughable. Is like we have little Vinny Cerratos running around here. LOL.
Possibly the worst insult ever posted on the WP!!!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #23
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Cooley is the only playmaker on our team who consistently performs, and aside from this injury he's been perfectly durable as well. He's a pro bowler, a fan favorite, and reliable. Why on earth should we trade our best offensive player who is in him prime? He'll be at an all pro level for another 5 or so years easily, and if we're gonna start over with a young qb, it will be valuable to have a safety valve of Cooley's caliber.
He's also a possible future Hall of Famer. However the teams going to need a good QB for that to happen. Still to trade your best player at 27. A guy that gets along with everyone. And we want to get a 3rd round pick. Thats like trading 47 for Kevin Barnes.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-12-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #24
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

cooley is one if not the only player on this team with any trade value..keep him healthy and see if we can't get a second rounder for him.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #25
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,444
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Again our best player for the next 6 years and you guys want to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him? 6 years is enough time to rebuild. On top of that we're learning the hard way this year what happens when we just go for talent, but at the same time ignore character.

Gibbs during 2.0 never had teams with this much talent but they always played harder then they knew they could. Now we got one of the most talented teams on paper and yet we have 2 wins. We're going to need players that inspire toughness and character, and Cooley is one of the few guys on this team that can do that.

Man, Ruhskins was right. Somehow we got a bunch of fans that went to the Cerrato school of football. Though I suspect that their tactics are more Madden in nature.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #26
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,158
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

if we trade coooooooley for anything other than a time machine and gonzo, it's not worth it, by far one of the best players we have on this team and like dirtbag said character counts and right now we need alot of it
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #27
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,556
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Again our best player for the next 6 years and you guys want to get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him? 6 years is enough time to rebuild. On top of that we're learning the hard way this year what happens when we just go for talent, but at the same time ignore character.

Gibbs during 2.0 never had teams with this much talent but they always played harder then they knew they could. Now we got one of the most talented teams on paper and yet we have 2 wins. We're going to need players that inspire toughness and character, and Cooley is one of the few guys on this team that can do that.

Man, Ruhskins was right. Somehow we got a bunch of fans that went to the Cerrato school of football. Though I suspect that their tactics are more Madden in nature.
It's funny how people complain that we don't build through the draft and reward our own enough, but then people want to trade everyone away at the drop of a hat. Yeah I definitely think it's the Madden syndrome.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
It's funny how people complain that we don't build through the draft and reward our own enough, but then people want to trade everyone away at the drop of a hat. Yeah I definitely think it's the Madden syndrome.
Yeah, there's something to be said for trading a player that has a lot of future value.

It's been proposed that if we were offered a first and third for Cooley, you'd have to do it. I don't think I would though. Of course, on the flip side, if you rewarded me with a first and third round pick, and then took Cooley off my roster (i.e. cut him), I think I would do it.

That may sound basically identical, but I don't think it is. I would not trade a core player on my team to another team for anything short of a preposterous price. But I still think a first and a third round pick covers the value, so if there was a buyout type situation: you give me two high draft picks for the acceleration of Cooley's contract, and then he's free to sign with whoever (Redskins, Cowboys, or otherwise), then I'd do it.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #29
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Any news on Capt. Chaos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Possibly the worst insult ever posted on the WP!!!
Absolutely! Wow.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29233 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25