Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I cant remember a time when I was less excited about Dallas week than I am now. Maybe my mindset will change as Sunday, but right now, it feels like "just another week." Honestly, I look at each passing week as just putting us closer to the end of the season, when we'll get to see what direction the future of this franchise takes. Anyone else feel similarly?
It would make a victory even sweeter, if we could manage to beat the Cowboys, in Dallas w/ a offensive line full of practice squad and backup players, a backup RB, and a coach who hasn't proven that he knows what he's doing yet.

So, I'm holding out hope that somehow if we can get a win, this will compare to Dallas fans holding the 1 win over our head in their dreadful 1-15 season. I still hear that. So, I'm still pumped about it.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #17
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I cant remember a time when I was less excited about Dallas week than I am now. Maybe my mindset will change as Sunday approaches, but right now, it feels like "just another week." Honestly, I look at each passing week as just putting us closer to the end of the season, when we'll get to see what direction the future of this franchise takes. Anyone else feel similarly?
Yeah, a bit of the edge has been taken off. But, still, I hope that we smash the heck out of those ugly uniform low-lifes.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #18
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Well its always fun to beat dallas. we always seem to find a way to beat them atleast once a year, even when we're horrible, so i think we have a shot... i just don't feel any of the usual "excitement" leading up into the game.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,858
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The entertainment value of some of these posts is worth the price of admission alone.
Perhaps it's time to become a VIP member?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #20
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
The entertainment value of some of these posts is worth the price of admission alone.
You said it:
The Warpath - PayPal Donate
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #21
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Lets see Hunter Smith has ran for a TD, passed for a TD, so now its time to hit the jumbo screen to run the last few seconds off the clock for a win.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Alright ok, its the least I could do for all the grief I have spread on you guys. And it goes without saying there is plenty of grief thrown my way too.

I just ante's up some funds towards the sites monthly goal.

Can't believe I just paid a REDSKINS site! Whats the world coming to?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
The Starter
 
rbanerjee23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,341
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

I would completely forgive this team if we swept Dallas this year.
__________________
"Tough times don't last but tough people do"

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #24
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Alright ok, its the least I could do for all the grief I have spread on you guys. And it goes without saying there is plenty of grief thrown my way too.

I just ante's up some funds towards the sites monthly goal.

Can't believe I just paid a REDSKINS site! Whats the world coming to?
You're leaving the dark side and coming around to the light side, Sandtrap, that's all.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
Special Teams
 
RedskinMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Odenton, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 300
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Was at the game Sunday and after the win it was like nobody knew it was Dallas week. I go to all the games and this was the first time I saw that.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
ashvirtually's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 157
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Oline is hurting, time for Big Al,carter and Rak to put Romo on his arse.
If the GB defense can get to him then we can.
This.

Honestly, I'm excited coming off the Denver win, but I have no idea how the game is going to turn out. Both teams always play each other hard because of the rivalry - I always remember that season where the 'Boys went 2-14, they were absolutely horrible that year, and the only games they won were against us. We've also had s****y seasons, too, where they made the playoffs and we didn't, but we swept 'em or kept it 1-1.

So, we'll play for keeps and they'll play for keeps, that much is a given. If we come out playing like we have since the Atlanta game's second half, we have a chance; if we play like we did prior to that second half, we're gonna lose. If THEY come out playing like they did this past weekend, we have an even bigger chance; if they come out playing like they did during their streak, well, we better hope the D shows up - cuz they haven't since Atlanta (I really, really miss ST right now). We need to harass the f**k outta Romo, that's when he loses his cool and starts throwing picks and just generally breaking down.

In the end, if the 'Skins play like they have the last game and a half and we lose, I won't be as upset because at least they're PLAYING now. If they win, it will be doubly sweet.

It is just a game, afterall.

The 'Boys played jacked football against GB. I'm hoping they're shook.
ashvirtually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
You're leaving the dark side and coming around to the light side, Sandtrap, that's all.
Bite your toungue!










(I just threw up in my mouth)
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #28
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Fantasy rule number 213: Always start Santana Moss against Dallas, especially if the game is at Dallas.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
Camp Scrub
 
TheBigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 41
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
I would completely forgive this team if we swept Dallas this year.
Well, I wouldn't forgive some of the players for quiting on themselves nor the FO for ignoring the O-line issues that were apparent even last year but I wiill forgive all my Dallas friends for crying their hearts out at us sweeping "Americas Team". HA

Come on guys, It's Dallas. No matter what else, these count!!!
__________________
We have 3 important milestones in each season. Dallas Game 1, Dallas Game 2 and making the playoffs.
TheBigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #30
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvirtually View Post
This.

Honestly, I'm excited coming off the Denver win, but I have no idea how the game is going to turn out. Both teams always play each other hard because of the rivalry - I always remember that season where the 'Boys went 2-14, they were absolutely horrible that year, and the only games they won were against us. We've also had s****y seasons, too, where they made the playoffs and we didn't, but we swept 'em or kept it 1-1.

So, we'll play for keeps and they'll play for keeps, that much is a given. If we come out playing like we have since the Atlanta game's second half, we have a chance; if we play like we did prior to that second half, we're gonna lose. If THEY come out playing like they did this past weekend, we have an even bigger chance; if they come out playing like they did during their streak, well, we better hope the D shows up - cuz they haven't since Atlanta (I really, really miss ST right now). We need to harass the f**k outta Romo, that's when he loses his cool and starts throwing picks and just generally breaking down.

In the end, if the 'Skins play like they have the last game and a half and we lose, I won't be as upset because at least they're PLAYING now. If they win, it will be doubly sweet.

It is just a game, afterall.

The 'Boys played jacked football against GB. I'm hoping they're shook.
Your thinking of the year that Troy A. was a rookie and they won one game that year and it was against us. My parents went on a 3 hour bus trip to RFK for that game and there was one Dallas fan on the bus. They gave her a hard time going up and she got smashed at the game. They had to then listen to the one drunk Dallas fan for 3 hours. They kept giving her drinks thinking she would pass out but she only got louder and louder. If I'm correct it was also our last SB win in 1992 and we went 17-2.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28825 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25